PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about what to do. U, V or nothing?

brok3nwings
June 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
I would love to see all of your U and V hairstyles.
Why?
Im thinking of getting one.
Why?
Im growing out bangs, large ones and very thick ones and i just hate to see the difference between my old bangs (now between above nose and chin) and the rest of my hair that is almost BSL with layers. It bothers me cause its the first thing i see, and although in updos it doesnt bother me it bothers when i want to use it loose. And i use it loose half of the time.

Second reason is that my ends that i would consider cuting are blonder then the rest (old bleach) so it would be a way of getting rid of. But the first reason is the strongest one.

So do you have any pictures of your front with u or v shape?
Do you use it with layers effect on the front or blunt?
I have wavy hair by the way but my hair on the top is pretty much straight and that includes my bangs :)

I would love to hear some suggestions

kdaniels8811
June 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
I leave my grown-out bangs at chin length or above since I do not like my hair all skinned back from my head. I like some length in front. But that is just me, you may look good with your hair all pulled back, I just don't. There, that did not help a bit - smile! but is just my two cents.

GoddesJourney
June 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
I too am growing out old bangs and layers. I always had a U cut but I got tired of it. I made a bit more of a V cut for my last trim and deepened the angle a little. It more or less eliminated the layering in the front and also blended in the feathering I had there. The bangs are catching up finally. I think hair of your texture (similar to mine) looks better with some sort of shape to it. I had layers for awhile but I'm trying to get rid of them because they start to look stringy after awhile and I feel like they just giving me a shorter length to get split ends on. Lame.

U cut is very natural looking and good for the length you have. I'm passing bra strap length which is why I felt I could go for the V. I have an album in my profile with some pictures from my last trim if that would help you.

Deborah
June 1st, 2009, 08:20 PM
I think a U hemline is much prettier than a V hemline. It's just a matter of opinion, I think.

On this site some prefer a V look, but in real life everyone I know much prefers a U or straight across hemline, thinking that a V looks unkempt and thin. All of my current friends have very long hair, so I'm speaking from a large opinion base. It is however, all down to what YOU like. Make yourself happy! :)

L4dybug
June 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
I agree it's what makes you happy. :)

But I like the U and the blunt shape hemline.