PDA

View Full Version : One more attempt at a CIVIL DairyWhip Thread

LisaJaney
June 1st, 2009, 10:05 AM
OK, Folks -- we're going to try this one again. The last DairyWhip thread was recently closed, due to so much dissension (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=26589). I am not saying any one person caused it to be closed; indeed, it was a myriad of things, mostly the PREPONDERANCE of snarky berating-the-product-by-people-who-haven't-even-tried-it posts, but also a generalized intolerance of others' viewpoints. Believe it or not, it's okay for someone to LIKE something you hate. Nobody's going to burn over this decision of which product to use. So SallyJean likes Pantene and I don't. When I SAY that I don't like it, I need to bear in mind that SallyJean thinks the sun rises and sets on Pantene, and so I should word my dislike in such a way that is truthful but is respectful of SallyJean's views and doesn't seek to basically say "I cannot believe you're so emptyheaded as to like something that's so CLEARLY inferior!!!" :silly:

So: here's a DairyWhip Thread, brand-new and sparkly-clean. Share your opinions in a way that shows you comprehend that there will be people who may disagree with your findings, so that you're not slamming them with your glowing recommendation/gentle critique of the product. The thread's new and shiny: Let's keep it that way, okay?

I'll start it off. I was recently given the ingredients list (via PM) for one version of DW. I read it and thought "How can that be soap? There's no lye!" (Oil + Lye = Soap. Granted, it can be sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide, but still: you need that caustic stuff to mix with the oil to create soap) I asked my PM-partner this and was told (as a guess at why this would be) that maybe they don't put "lye" because at the end-stage it's no longer lye, but an integral part of the soap itself. That makes sense. But then I wondered why the oils still get listed, as they're not really oils anymore: they're an integral part of the soap. It's all very confusing to me. Maybe it cleans the same basic way that the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) does? Anyhow, it's something that is interesting to me, but I don't understand it. And clearly there are people here who just LOVE it, so it does work for some people.

Let's hear YOUR tale of success or failure...

Ursula
June 1st, 2009, 10:11 AM
I'll start it off. I was recently given the ingredients list (via PM) for one version of DW. I read it and thought "How can that be soap? There's no lye!" (Oil + Lye = Soap. Granted, it can be sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide, but still: you need that caustic stuff to mix with the oil to create soap) I asked my PM-partner this and was told (as a guess at why this would be) that maybe they don't put "lye" because at the end-stage it's no longer lye, but an integral part of the soap itself. That makes sense. But then I wondered why the oils still get listed, as they're not really oils anymore: they're an integral part of the soap. It's all very confusing to me. Maybe it cleans the same basic way that the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) does? Anyhow, it's something that is interesting to me, but I don't understand it. And clearly there are people here who just LOVE it, so it does work for some people.

Not familiar with the actual product, but perhaps the soap is listed as "soap" not "oil+lye" because of the conversion, and then later in the process they add more oils that are listed as oils? That's assuming that your ingredient list has "soap" listed.

Listing it as "soap made from oils X, Y and Z" might make sense, as long as it was clear that the soap-making process (which implies lye) was used.

LisaJaney
June 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM
That makes total sense, Ursula, and would explain why Goat's Milk topped the list, even above the oils. But, given enough variety of oils, my milk would top the oils anyhow. In a two-oil soap, though, the milk would never beat the #1 oil in quantity. I'll have to go look to see if the word "soap" was in the list...

LisaJaney
June 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
Here's the list I was given:

Dairy Whip (semi-solid whipped soap): Goat's Milk, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Essential or Fragrance Oil(s), and Cocoa Butter (Jojoba beads optional, Colorants optional)

So there's soap in the description of the product. Hmmm. As a soapmaker myself, I think it sounds really interesting. I mean: how can you go wrong with goat's milk soap? :eyebrows: I'll have to go find the site and read-up on it. I'm out of the loop enough to not even know if it's for hair or face or body or all three. ;)

cobblersmaid
I actually think it sounds really cool, but I can't try it because it contains goat milk, which would make me break out like crazy. All the flavour's sound so fun!

sandrak
I am really glad the thread is starting over! I was disappointed when I saw that it was closed. Anyway, I really do like Dairy Whip and will order when I am about halfway through with my tub. My hair doesn't look greasy at all, but yet it is moisturized. I always either use a conefree conditioner, Emu Oil Conditioner to be exact, or I spray a leave on in my hair after I get out of the shower. For my leave in I use one tsp. of the Emu Oil cond. in a spray bottle filled with water. This works perfectly for me.

Canarygirl
June 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
I've tried it a couple of times only. My thoughts:

1) I thought that it foamed too much to be a soap. So that gave me pause.

2) I thought that the scents were too strong. My DH complained big-time about how the "stink" from my shower carried all the way down the hall. :o

3) I was underwhelmed by the packaging, to say the least. I thought, hmm...couldn't just a little more effort have been made to use nicer packaging and to at least wipe off the greasy fingerprints?? :rolleyes:

On the plus side, the product is certainly cheap enough. But, I don't expect I will buy it again.

amaiaisabella
June 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM
I haven't tried Dairy Whip, though I have to admit, I'm a bit curious. Is there going to a separate thread for individual recipes, or is it mostly combined like with the cold cream thread? I'd love to try it without worrying I might not like it, though I suppose that's what the Swap Board is for :)

mugglemomof3
June 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
I voted "haven't tried it, but probably WILL because of the DW threads" but that's not entirely true. I'll probably try it just because of the name. See? Packaging and naming a product are important sometimes. At least with gooberheads like me. :silly:

*ooh shiney* :run:

LisaJaney
June 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
Canary Girl, I sometimes can get a LOT of lather from a soap if I've used certain oils. Coconut, for example, makes a lot of lather. Of course, you have to have more lye to saponify (make-into-soap) the coconut oil, so it's consequently a little harsher. But you balance that out by using other, more-moisturizing oils, or superfat your soap to compensate. But homemade soaps can make a WONDERFUL thick, rich lather. And "thick lather" does not always equal "harsher", although it may. Just depends on what they do (if anything) to compensate.

That's a pity about fingerprints being left on the packaging. Sometimes it's hard to get good help -- they probably had a lazy quality-control guy. Hopefully they've fixed that by now? :shrug: If they're a small operation, they may have been trying to save a little on the buckets that'll just get disposed-of the minute the product's gone. I dunno. But I would want something PURTY in my shower! I'd probably just "re-pot it when I got it".

Kerynna
June 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
I've been using Dairy Whip for several months now and I really like it. My hair is able to go longer between washes, but it feels so soft and moisturized, not dry at all. As for the packaging (greasy fingerprints and all), I was initially a bit turned off by it, though to be fair the website shows it packaged just as it is when you get it so it wasn't like it was a surprise, but then I quickly realized that it is probably just because it is a small operation. To me, it seems more like an 'honest' product - made at home, on a shoestring, but with love. I'm sure she never expected it would take off like it has with a large group of hair shampoo experts like ourselves. Heh.

Darkhorse1
June 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't use this, but not because of the thread. Just doesn't interest me.

I thought it was about whipped cream too! Hahaha. Dairy Whip to me, sounds like a whipping cream :)

Dolly
June 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't use this, but not because of the thread. Just doesn't interest me.

There wasn't an option that I don't plan to use it, but not necessarily because of the thread. The thread brought interesting info to light, but I had made up my mind about whether or not to use it prior to that info coming out.

AmandaPanda
June 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
I agree that there should be another poll option. I don't plan on using it and made up my mind a long time ago. I've never really read the thread. I looked at it once to find out what it was because I see it mentioned so often. It's not something I'd use

Darkhorse1
June 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Just browsed pages of the old thread.

In the US, do they not require all products sold to people to have a list of ingredients? They do in Canada. I find that really interesting.

Darkhorse1
June 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Was Dairy Whip intended for those who have sensitivity to harsher detergents in shampoos and soaps? I hope it does work out, as that will help those with sensitivities have alternative methods of cleaning hands/hair etc.

Wavelength
June 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
I didn't even know the old thread was closed. What happened? (Without restarting the whole argument again, of course...) :scared:

Dolly
June 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
A test was performed that more or less proves that DW is not pure soap, and put that question to rest.....some of us were discussing that information, and with all respect to our mods here, I thought that the discussion of the results was quite civil....so, I am not sure why it was closed.....

Wavelength
June 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM
A test was performed that more or less proves that DW is not pure soap, and put that question to rest.....some of us were discussing that information, and with all respect to our mods here, I thought that the discussion of the results was quite civil....so, I am not sure why it was closed.....

Yes, I saw part of that discussion but I hadn't checked back in a few days, so I thought something worse must've happened.

Hairstorm
June 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Lol, I thought this was a Dairy Queen dessert!

wheatfree
June 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
The things you learn when you're reading a long hair forum. :)

Had I joined earlier than I did, I probably would have tried it, but I guess at that time it was easier to get.

AJoifulNoise
June 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
I buy flowermoon Dairy Whip directly from the seller at our local farmer's market. So, I've never had to deal with shipping times or packaging. Aside from the tubs themselves, which function okay. Kinda hard to find a place for them in the shower, but I make do. I keep telling myself I'll put it in another container, but I don't. :lol:

Whatever the ingredients, I've never had a bad reaction to the product and it works just fine as my sulphate-free once a week shampoo. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and light. I do, however, use conditioner after I shampoo with the dairywhip. But, I always condition, so that doesn't strike me as odd.

Cinnamon Hair
June 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
There wasn't an option that I don't plan to use it, but not necessarily because of the thread. The thread brought interesting info to light, but I had made up my mind about whether or not to use it prior to that info coming out.

Same here. I was interested when I first heard about it but not enough to buy it since I only shampoo once a week and Kenra is my :inlove: one :heartbeat true :heart: love :love:.

RancheroTheBee
June 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
This is going to sound completely lame, but I want to try it just because it's called Dairy Whip. :o

HazelnutDelight
June 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
I washed my hair for the first time using Dairy Whip and like others say it leaves your hair very clean and moisturized. It was the first time since trying to wash my hair with eggs that I thought my hair looked great. I want to touch it, and look at it, and leave it down. Not only that I can run my fingers through my hair easily and I have the hair type that tangles a lot. It's shiny too!

If you use it on your body it's very cleansing and leaves your skin soft and smooth. It smells great. Too bad shipping takes forever.

kdaniels8811
June 1st, 2009, 04:57 PM
I tried Dairy Whip and found it really moisturized my hair (made it limp) while making it squeaky clean - with the herbs I do not get that and am no longer used to the squeaky clean feeling. With that said, my hair will love a product for a while, then suddenly not like it. I love the Dairy Whip for body wash, the packaging is fine, it is a small home based operation, after all. I like the product and will try it again on my hair but if it does not work, it gets used up in other ways. Shampoo bars did not work for me either, then I used one this weekend - was in a hurry and did not have time to let herbs soak into my head - and my hair is soft and shiny and tangle free! Huh? May be the same when I try Dairy Whip again. My hair is weird, but at least it is growing!

Jeni
June 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM
I have been using DW for a month or 3 (I cant remember when I got it). I really like it. It doesn't help me extend my washes (every day for me) but it does leave my hair softer and maybe slightly fuller then SLS shampoo. I have never noticed any build up but then I occasionally do use shampoo. Its a nice body wash/shaving cream too.

The packaging doesn't bother me, I actually prefer the snap on lids to the kind that need to be twisted (like with the whispering windz soap, which I also use). I find it easier to get off and on in the shower. The shipping time could definitely be better but eh, it doesn't bother me much.

I have only ordered 2 scents- Rice Flower and Shea and Vanilla Honey.

I LOVE the rice flower, love it love it love it. Its flowery but not too much, its a fresh scent. I describe it as smelling "green".

The vanilla honey is nice, smells like cake batter/ butter cream, I kind of want to eat it...

Oh and if your new to DW there's a few different ways to use it for a shampoo. The way I do it (thanks to a tip from someone on the last DW thread) is swirl my poof around on top of the DW until I get good lather then I pull the bubbles off the poof and work them into my hair.

DW may or may not be a true soap and the scent may or may not come from fragrance oil. This doesn't bother me in the least but if you are sensitive or worried about this then I'd advise you to not try it.

sapphire-o
June 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I really like the texture and lather of dairy whip, but not the result. It feels like the hair is getting cleaned but takes 4 lathering to get my scalp clean. That's just too much work. DH tried it, too and he doesn't have oily hair, he needed to lather up 3 times, too. We think it's too moisturizing, which canceled out the cleaning power. We'll use this one up and probably not buy again.

I'm still in search of a natural product that simply cleans, effectively. :)

Shell
June 1st, 2009, 06:26 PM
I really like the DW; I bought it quite a while ago on a whim, and have since used it on body and hair. It is quite moisturizing and smells light and nice. I don't mind the packaging. What I don't like, is that since it doesn't "hold together" at all, I feel that some of it washes down the drain and doesn't get used. Would I order it again--I might, but I have heard that they are months behind in their orders, and aren't responsive to emails.

I never read the other threads by the way, except for the first page of one ages ago, so the threads have not influenced me particularly, except for the one about customer service.

UncommonTart
June 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
I did not vote in the poll. I'm not going to try Dairy Whip, much as I wish I could, but that's only slightly connected with the previous thread. I read that thread to find out what was in it, after trying the contact form on the website and getting no answer. That's not a big deal, maybe they were busy or had a computer issue or something. The problem is that I read that it's got soybean oil in it, and I'm terribly allergic to soy in any form. I already had to quit using my favorite shampoo because of it. That's why I started looking for new shampoos/soaps/cleansers for my hair.

I was actually sort of dissappointed. I'd love to be able to try the stuff- it sounds nifty.

Moonstruck
June 1st, 2009, 09:56 PM
AJoifulNoise - how much DW does she have at her stall at the farmer's market? Maybe you guys could work out a deal, and YOU sell/ship to all of LHC, hahaha. =P
(sadly, this is only half jokingly... I am sort of super duper curious).

LisaJaney
June 1st, 2009, 10:39 PM
If you do a "group order" like that, please do it on the Beauty Bottle (link in my siggy), as we don't allow grouporders here at this site anymore...

As for the poll: I changed the last option to just say "Haven't tried it, don't plan to", so that nobody's locked into voting the "why" of their decision.

The more we talk, the more I'm tyhinking I want to try it. And me, a dedicated (for YEARS) CO washer! Well, I did just use shampoo tonight cuz I was in a hurry. Suave's version of "Humectress", with Clairol's Herbal Essences Fruit Fusion conditioner. My hair feels dry. Bummer. Oh well, in another three or four days, I get to CO wash it again. :shrug: It'll all even out.

LadyEliza
June 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Spins me out, every time I look at this thread.

Here in Australia, DairyWhip is cream in a pressurized can!

:cheese:

teela1978
June 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
I don't plan on trying it... but did get a little more interested in it once it was shown to not be a soap... if it was moisturizing and had SLS or ALS I might be interested :)

healingsolitude
June 2nd, 2009, 12:50 AM
I voted that I love it. My hair has a love/hate relationship with it, but my skin loves it. I am also one of the ones who finds it to be moisturizing. Two lathers to cleanse and no conditioner works well for me when I use this as shampoo on my oily scalp and normal hair. My fickle hair seems to have a three month mark with shampoos, though. I had no issues with it for three months when using it consistently, then I found that it wasn't cleaning the hair around my scalp well enough. I've still been unable to go beyond a week of using it as my only shampoo method, but that just seems to be due to my temperamental scalp. Or maybe I have a bit of an issue with protein. Not sure.

I've been using it as a body soap for almost 9 months now, which is my current favorite way to use it. I first tried it on a washcloth, then on a loofah sponge with average results when compared to some natural soap bars I was using. My third wash had me experimenting with scooping up a little bit of the whip in my hand at a time to use against my skin. Having it come into direct contact with my skin seems to work best for me since it got rid of my flaky skin for the Winter. For me (mostly normal skin with dry legs and a dry stomach area), I found the results to leave my skin conditioned with a lotion feeling after using that method. However, I believe that it is too moisturizing for use on my face if used every day. My face is combination skin with a very oily forehead and t-zone area. I only put a dime-sized amount on a wet wash cloth when I use it to wash my face.

I also use it as a shaving cream on my legs. Sometimes as a bath oil since I can't get enough bubbles to call it a bubble bath. My mother sometimes uses it as a shampoo, but mainly just shaves with it. My aunt somehow uses the Almond Honey as a hand lotion that she swears by. I tried it with two of my whips and couldn't stand the feel of it as a lotion. My friend mainly used it as her main body soap and went through one 16 oz container in three months in case anyone is wondering about how long it might take to use just one up. I haven't been able to calculate with mine since I rotate between six custom blends. Apparently I'm turning into a DW hoarder.

I do agree that the packaging is rather cheap looking. On the other hand, I do appreciate that mine show they are recyclable. I've never had any issues with fingerprints on mine, though I did have one that had some oils that leaked out a bit during shipment. That turned out to be somewhat of a plus since my bedroom smelled like Vanilla Honey for almost a month. Other then that, I have had no big issues with the seller. I'm okay with waiting for awhile for the product to ship, even if I do feel a little anxious to try the new "flavor(s)" in that shipment. The part I would change would involve the contact information. I do wish there was an easier and more reliable method to contact the seller.

LisaJaney - Thank you for starting a new thread! I don't know if it helps at all, but the most detailed ingredients list I have found is this one from the blog of the one I first heard talk about this product:

We use a basic castille recipe--olive oil. coconut oil, soybean oil and saponify it so that it will not harden into a mass. We use lye solution just like any soapmaker does but that is not an ingredient because it is not in the soap after curing. We add cocoa butter and goat's milk too. No lanolin. No preservatives--just cured soap.

Also, I think some of the whips are a little more moisturizing from the reviews posted on the other thread. The honey whips and the Rice Flower & Shea whip seem to work best for those wanting something more moisturizing. I only tried the Vanilla Honey whip of those three as a sample one time. It seemed to be more moisturizing for me since I had to wash again a day earlier. If you are interested in the product, I just thought you might be interested in knowing that in case you wanted to know which might be the most moisturizing after CO washing for years.

cobblersmaid - There is a DW thread over on the Lush NA board where some posters requested a vegan version of the DW. The seller said she could replace the goat's milk with shea butter, though I can't recall any reviews on that version. The instructions listed on how to do that involved ordering the Custom-made Dairy Whip, then sending the seller a note requesting what customizations you wanted. It was also suggested on the previous thread here to include a note if you are sensitive to one of the ingredients, just as an extra precaution. I hope this helps!

Unfortunately, I have no idea if the soybean oil can be omitted or not, UncommonTart. I only know of the goat's milk being omitted and replaced with shea butter. Maybe someone else might know more.

Was Dairy Whip intended for those who have sensitivity to harsher detergents in shampoos and soaps? I hope it does work out, as that will help those with sensitivities have alternative methods of cleaning hands/hair etc.

I uploaded an article she did with a magazine onto my account after finding it on the Lush DW thread. It might help to answer your question. You can find the two page article here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/ml3602/dairywhipin-1.jpg) and here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/ml3602/dairywhipin2-1.jpg). Hope this helps!

sandrak
June 2nd, 2009, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the links Healingsolitude. Very interesting!

healingsolitude
June 2nd, 2009, 03:07 AM
You're welcome, Sandrak! I just forgot to mention that the article stamp is listed as being from November/December 2007. A few things have changed since then. One being that her name is now the only one listed on the website and in the emails I receive from her.

Loviatar
June 2nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
I love DW: the product. I do not mind using EOs or FOs. I would llike to be certain I am not using sulphates, but hey, if it cleans my hair and feels good and looks good, I dont have a problem with it. When the 'is-it-isnt-it' debate started, I started conditioning after using DW, but I dont think I need to. I was just panicked in case it damaged my hair. HOwever I can use DW on its own, no condish, and the tangles just fall out. I like the smells too - I have Honey Almond, Ginger, and Violet. HA is the best for my hair, then Violet, then Ginger.

I like DW as a body soap but the Ginger one must have real ginger EO in it, as it irritates mucous membranes and sensitive areas. (Do not bikini shave with this scent of whip. YOWIE.) The other two are fine for all areas on me.

I dislike the slow shipping time, but I figure if I'm ordering a US product from the UK, I can put up with that - if I have to.

I loathe the packaging: two of my 3 whips were in split plastic jars (thin plastic). However, I just spooned and decanted into huge ex-vitamin jars. No more problems. PLus the vit jars fit in my shower better.

I do intend to buy again but I am not going to be using my 3 original ones up quickly any time soon! They really do last. I use about a half teaspoon for a hairwash and a teaspoon for a body wash/shave session.

GlassEyes
June 2nd, 2009, 06:21 AM
I plan on ordering it.

The only thing I have issues with as per the thread (which, fyi, I read most of) are the ingredients. I feel that it should be the duty of the creator to provide a proper ingredients list, and if the test that was done confirms it isn't soap, then it shouldn't be listed as soap.

That said, I don't really have a problem with sulfates other than drying my hair out, but curly-haired people seem to use it just fine, so YES, I do plan on ordering at some point. It just bothers me that the ingredients list (barring the test being a lie, or whatever, since I CAN'T prove it's right) may not be accurate as per content.

manderly
June 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I just ordered 3. I read the closed DW thread (I'm nosy) and decided to try some finally. It had never really sparked my interest before, because I was quite happy with my CV poo bars.

My hair, with my ends in particular, have taken a dramatic turn to the VERY DRY in the last few months (I've been considering a several inch chop since nothing I've tried is making these ends any better), and I've been COing for about a month now. I've never been a HUGE fan of CO, I think it does ok, but it leaves me kind of poofy, tangly, and dull all at the same time. I also like the idea of a lingering scent.

I like the sound of the shine that DW users have been getting, and the fact that its ingredients and soap status are questionable (as well at FO & EOs) doesn't bother me, since I don't have any chemical sensitivities.

I ordered, based on the reviews of scent and my own personal likes:

Egyptian Goddess
Rice Flower & Shea
White Ginger (this is like a staple scent if you live in Hawaii ;))

The total was $18 when I hit the checkout button.....it appears I wasn't charged for shipping? I didn't realize there was free shipping? Perhaps she will email me with the shipping costs? Don't know, but I'm not complaining :) We'll see how long it takes to get them. I'm eager to try them, but I'm also ok with the possibility of sending them to a new home via the swap board.

I shall let you know what I think when I get it :)

biggeorge
June 2nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Lol, I thought this was a Dairy Queen dessert!

Yea, I had tubs of Cool Whip pictured. And apple pie . . .

kdaniels8811
June 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
I bought a tub a while back, and my hair did not seem to like it much so there it sat. Tonight I used it for body soap and I am sold. My skin tends to be dry and this is perfect, moisturized without feeling greasy. So I will certainly be ordering again and will just take into consideration that it may take a couple months to get the product.

My sister runs an internet based business and has had complaints of not responding with orders fast enough(she is the only one producing product and it does get overwhelming at times) so this lady has my sympathies. It takes the length of time it takes, the product is great and I am very happy with it. I will certainly be ordering again.

Moonstruck
June 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Haha, just kidding about that, then. Didn't realize it had a name, or uh, anything, really.

Healingsolitude - why exactly can't you use it past a month? I've got very similar hair and skin as yours it seems, as far as the oil level goes, haha. I'm currently using shampoo bars and clarifying every week or every other (or whenever I remember/feel like it, haha) and though it works really well, it doesn't quite seem to be IT for me. Granted, I'm not sure I care enough to change methods, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Loviatar - eep! That must have been a lovely wakeup call there. I love the scent and tingle of ginger, I've never tried it in any body product though.... hmmm... I bet it'd feel fantastic on the scalp.

And Manderly, good luck with your hair. It's so gorgeous! I'm a huge fan.

I never fully read the old DW thread, just bits and pieces. Does anyone know of any of the DWs that they'd consider more cleansing/better for oilyheads like me?

manderly
June 2nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
And Manderly, good luck with your hair. It's so gorgeous! I'm a huge fan.

:oops: Awww, how sweet of you! I must say your dark, straight hair looks like silk :D :flowers:

Jeni
June 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
I have pretty oily hair and I find 1 lather of the rice flower or vanilla honey works just as well as an SLS shampoo for me (except my hair is softer, shinier and fuller).

pilateschick7
June 2nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
I really love the product, my hair seems happy using it. I never thought that I would complain that a product came in too large a tub but I am ready to try a new scent. Almond Vanilla is wonderful but there are so many more I want to try and my tub is half full after six months! I think I have gotten my money's worth.

healingsolitude
June 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
I like DW as a body soap but the Ginger one must have real ginger EO in it, as it irritates mucous membranes and sensitive areas. (Do not bikini shave with this scent of whip. YOWIE.)

I think that might actually be one of the whips with an EO in it. Now that you mention it, I think a few made the same observation on the previous thread here. I read a few of the same over on another board. One member of that board gave me a good laugh when she posted that the White Ginger was actually her favorite because of the mentioned warm tingly feeling. It just took me a few seconds to get it. :D

The total was $18 when I hit the checkout button.....it appears I wasn't charged for shipping? I didn't realize there was free shipping? Perhaps she will email me with the shipping costs? Don't know, but I'm not complaining :)

I think the shipping charge for 3 whips is $6. At least it was still that price when I ordered 4 whips in January. It could have possibly changed since many reported that the posted shipping charge on the shipments was listed as being much more then what the buyers paid for shipping. No worries either way. I'd imagine she would email you if something went wrong with the cart. :)

Healingsolitude - why exactly can't you use it past a month? I've got very similar hair and skin as yours it seems, as far as the oil level goes, haha. I'm currently using shampoo bars and clarifying every week or every other (or whenever I remember/feel like it, haha) and though it works really well, it doesn't quite seem to be IT for me. Granted, I'm not sure I care enough to change methods, but I'm curious nonetheless.

I never fully read the old DW thread, just bits and pieces. Does anyone know of any of the DWs that they'd consider more cleansing/better for oilyheads like me?

Oh wow. I wish I could still use it for a whole month! I started using it as a shampoo back in September to remove some sort of build-up I had kept on getting while using shampoo bars for three months. It came across as extremely gentle on my hair since it took a whole week to get my hair and scalp back to normal. It was after using the DW exclusively for 3 months as my only shampoo method when I started to get the opposite results. Before the 3 months is when I had soft, shiny, volumized, clean hair and scalp. After the 3 months is when I started to notice that my hair suddenly didn't feel as clean as it used to with the DW. It would hang rather limply and the hair around my scalp never wanted to get clean enough. I also noticed a tiny amount of the same build-up I had had when I used shampoo bars, only not nearly as much. This is when I started experimenting with many different natural liquid shampoos, mild detergent shampoos, and harsh detergent shampoos. All of the experimenting led me to the conclusion that my scalp needs harsh detergents and the rotation of shampoo products in order to remain happy. The Dairy whip will work just fine if I rotate it with a harsher shampoo product, but using it exclusively for a week doesn't work as well for me. My hair will go back to being limp and feeling slightly unclean by the end of the week. However, even the harsh detergent ones don't work as well if I use only those for an entire week. My scalp is very picky and temperamental. :)

All of the ones I have are custom scents and each of the three I tried worked the same for me. That reminds me that I have a tea tree, juniper berry, spruce blend from my newest shipment that I haven't tried to use as a shampoo yet. That one could possibly be more cleansing. I'll have to try it for a week and post the results in case you are still interested then. It does seem like the cleansing results vary from person to person, though. The one I've read the most results as being cleansing for the majority of those trying it is the unscented blend. Unfortunately, it really is one of those things where you have to test for yourself since the results can vary. I hope this helps!

mellie
June 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
I tried both the Almond Honey and the Unscented, for over a month or two I think. Although it cleaned well and lathered very nicely, it really slowed my hair growth and made my hair kind of flat so I stopped using it and my DH finished it off for me. I do have acne problems with cocoa and chocolate products, and since it has cocoa butter in it, that possibly could have been the issue for my slow hair growth.

I would not order again for one because of the stunted hair growth and also I didn't like the strong scent of the Almond Honey which did not seem like essential oils but fragrance oils. I didn't like the texture of the Unscented, it was rather gritty, and didn't clean as well as the Almond Honey. Lastly, I definitely do not like the possibility that there are synthetic detergents in it, I was only buying it because I wanted an all natural alternative to shampoo.

alisoncooks
June 4th, 2009, 09:35 AM
First time poster/semi-lurker :) here.

I bought the DW a month ago b/c of the thread here (previously tried CV bars but just not satisfied with them). Still waiting on my order to arrive. I've had one correspondence w/ Lisa but that was May 12. They haven't any other contact forms I sent in.

I really am interested in this product and it is a decent price (though, less so when you add in $6 to ship...) but I think the shipping time is a HUGE turnoff (their website check out is also a big turnoff--I like having all my info up front!).

I understand this is a home business. I just wish there was info on the website about the turn-around (right now, I'm going on 5 weeks, to get a product in MD to NC...)

Anyway, wanted to share my experience. I'll definitely check back and give my experience w/ the actual product once it arrives...

pandora114
June 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Honestly, when I saw this thread, I thought, who would use whipped cream on their hair? Wouldn't that make it all sticky and nasty? Then I googled the product.

I have never seen it here in Canada. Looks cool though

Kazazi
June 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I have been using Dairy Whip since around Christmas and love it. I use it as my exclusive shampoo and shower soap now and usually use the shower puff method that Jeni described and which I nicked from the serpentinehair.com website. Ie put a bit of whip on a puff and apply lather to hair.

I wash my hair every other or every day with it, using one or two lathers, and follow with a citric acid and vitamin C rinse and no conditioner, just a but of Fox Shea Butter Cream on ends as a leave in. Never need to brush or comb hair anymore, scalp feel great, fab shine and nice smell, not too strong.

As for the packaging, I don't use the tubs directly but always put an aliquot into a Lush shampoo bar tin. A full one of those will last a couple of weeks or so. This is actually another reason why I love this product, it packs up super well for travelling. No spill risk but also no need to faff with drying solid soaps after use.

Personally, I didn't have any issues with the shipping, but I have contacted the seller twice now to find out about the ingredients and never received a reply. I find this really disappointing especially given that many others have reported similar experiences. I also feel troubled by the discrepancy between the informal ingredient list communicated by the vendor and the GBH test results. I just really wished the vendor would step forward and address all these customer concerns openly once and for all and provide a full official ingredient list.

Having said all this, I will continue to use the product no matter what because I get such good results with it and I don't take huge issue with natural vs synthetic ingredients.

jel
June 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Good news! I received my order this morning - after having placed it on the 18th of February 2009 :D

Since then, I only chased it up twice: first time was after 2 months, and I got a reply a few days later apologising for the delay and assuring me the Whips had just been shipped. As I was advised by another European poster that shipping from the States can now take over a month, I waited until the end of May before contacting Lisa again. This time I received no reply, but the Whips themselves! This parcel was posted on the 29th May using priority mail (costing more than what I paid for the Whips and shipping in the first place), and I don't know whether the first one was lost in transit or if it was never sent!

The tubs have made it to London safely, having been wrapped in thick brown paper and the box filled with shredded used paper. I'm quite happy with that method. The Whips all smell nice, not too strong, and there are no colours or 'beads' in them although I hadn't specifically asked for it. I just tried Egyptian Goddess and really liked the texture and creaminess on my skin. It felt good on my hair too, but I'm waiting for it to dry before deciding whether I like it as shampoo.

P.S. My other Whips are Vanilla Honey and Rice Flower & Shea.

tinabcurly
June 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
My order from March 17 still hasn't arrived. I've contacted Flowermoon Soaps three times over the last month and haven't heard anything back from them. Everyone else has posted that there has been some sort of response to inquiries so I'm feeling sort of slighted here.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Think it's too late for my CC company to get me my money back? I really would like to just get my order.

manderly
June 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
My order from March 17 still hasn't arrived. I've contacted Flowermoon Soaps three times over the last month and haven't heard anything back from them. Everyone else has posted that there has been some sort of response to inquiries so I'm feeling sort of slighted here.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Think it's too late for my CC company to get me my money back? I really would like to just get my order.

This seems to be a problem with the seller, info about it is in the original dairy whip thread. I haven't heard from her either, but I don't think my card has been charged (have to check). She just kind of falls off the radar and then your stuff arrives. :shrug:

Unfortunate that she seems to not be able to handle the volume of business she has. I hope that she figures something out soon.

EllisGurl
June 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
New here. Have to admit, I did not read the other thread. I have a couple of questions that might have been covered there but 70-some-odd pages is a lot to go through....

Am I understanding correctly that Dairy Whip is intended to be used without conditioner? If so, must I use some sort of rinse like ACV or citric acid?

Does the smell linger in your hair or on your skin. Would it interfere with a perfume/cologne if you chose to wear it?

I'm very interested in ordering but the fact that it seems to take months to get an order puts me off not to mention the fact that one does not receive responses from the seller. I find that horrible customer service!

Shell
June 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Am I understanding correctly that Dairy Whip is intended to be used without conditioner? If so, must I use some sort of rinse like ACV or citric acid?

Dose the smell linger in your hair or on your skin. Would it interfere with a perfume/cologne if you chose to wear it?

I used it with conditioner and I had no lingering scent.

AJoifulNoise
June 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I used it with conditioner and I had no lingering scent.

Same here.

Jeni
June 13th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I use it with conditioner. I've never done ACV rinses. I noticed the scent lingered somewhat on my skin but it wasn't very strong. I never noticed it interfering with any perfume or body splash.

jel
June 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM

How did you contact them? I used the contact form (http://www.flowermoonsoaps.com/home/contact.asp) on their site. As mentioned, she replied the first time, and after the second time - the Whips arrived.

Does the smell linger in your hair or on your skin. Would it interfere with a perfume/cologne if you chose to wear it?

I use conditioner from the neck down, and I don't find the scent strong at all. It lingers a bit on the skin, like any soap scent I suppose, but not for long. Having said that, a funny thing happened today. My SO and I were walking in a park, tree-watching in the sun, and I decided to let my hair loose from last night's braid (which I had done just after washing with DW). After a gust of wind hit us, my SO excitedly exclaimed: 'What is that tree that smells so beautifully of sandalwood? Oh... It's your *hair*!' :D

GeoJ
June 15th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I have been trying DW recently. I like it, but the scent is overpowering for me (I am sensitive to some scents). If I get it again I will get an unscented version.

I don't mind the packaging (although the containers split slightly in the mail). Generally I prefer minimal packaging for anything I buy.

:)

sarahkristin
June 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I just purchased three tubs of the dairy whip. Vanilla honey, Rice flower, and peppermint. I am anxious to try them, but not going to get my hopes up when the mailman comes (at least not for a month or so.) I was not charged for shipping either (the total was $18), so we'll see if that is an issue.

As soon as I get them, I'll let everyone know how it turned out!

sarahkristin
June 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Lol, oops. $18. Not $1smileyface :p

Bene
June 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
i bought a tub a few months back. my hair absolutely loved it. the problem is, my scalp got all itchy :( i left it sitting there, and today i decided to use it on my skin to see if i have any itchy reactions. so far so good. i guess i'll just finish up the tub, but i don't think i plan on ordering any more.

SpecialKitty
June 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
The Dairy Whip works for me and my hair. I do like it - I like the smell, the texture, how economical it is (a little goes a LONG way), and I like the results.

The way I use Dairy Whip is I dissolve a half teaspoon in warm water, then pour it over my hair, working in the suds very gently with my fingers. Then I rinse well, and follow with a catnip tea or rice vinegar rinse. This makes my hair clean without being stripped, shiny, and soft, with good waves and a nice smell. Oh, and my scalp never itches with Dairy Whip (it does with almost all other shampoos and conditioners - even the "natural" ones).

manderly
June 16th, 2009, 06:19 PM
So I take it the communication issue hasn't been resolved yet?

I got an order confirmation on 6/2, asked if my order shipped on 6/6 and again today 6/16. :shrug:

My account has not been debited for my order, so I suppose it just disappeared into the internets?

SpecialKitty
June 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
So I take it the communication issue hasn't been resolved yet?

I got an order confirmation on 6/2, asked if my order shipped on 6/6 and again today 6/16. :shrug:

My account has not been debited for my order, so I suppose it just disappeared into the internets?

My experience was that my account was not debited until close to the time she shipped my order. It took about three weeks for me to get my order, and she did not charge me shipping because it took so long (she offered, I accepted)

manderly
June 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks SpecialKitty. :) I wasn't sure if she even had my order, and I didn't want to reorder and end up with 2 batches!!

Nyghtingale
June 16th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I have never tried it. Off to research....

alisoncooks
June 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I ordered on may 5 and heard from her on May 12 that it was "shipping that week". It is June 18 and I still haven't gotten it. I've inquired 3 times w/ no response from them. I told her in my last inquiry that I needed a response or a product by the end of this week or I was contacting my cc company and the BBB.

My advice to those interested: proceed w/ caution...

kdaniels8811
June 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM
It took six weeks for me to recieve my order, and I also recieved assurances it was shipped and still did not show up for three more weeks. The previous thread was closed due to negative comments, I guess the lesson learned is if you are going to order this stuff, be aware you won't see it for a couple months. I personally really like Dairy Whip and will reorder - knowing I won't see it for a while. I am familiar with running a home based business by myself and am assuming that she is overwhelmed with orders. No big deal, my order will get here when it gets here. The product itself is awesome and worth reordering, in my opinion. Just my two cents...

LisaJaney
June 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm glad your DW got here at last, KDaniels. And you know to order new product well in advance, so you're not waiting, "Whip-less" while your order is in transit. And Alison, I hope yours shows up soon. If it's like KDaniels', it'll be here in another week or two. Apparently it just is slow in the mail????

Actually, to clarify one small point: the last thread wasn't closed so much due to "negative comments", but because that it had become a bit of a witch-hunt, and people who really didn't even have any experience with the product or ordering it were throwing in their comments about it and slamming the company. Since LHC has (in the past, totally different product) been threatened to be SUED for a similar thread in the past, the modstaff decided it best to avoid such situations in the future. THAT is why the thread was closed, not due to "negative reviews". Negative reviews, just like positive reviews, are helpful to potential customers, so they can weigh their buying decisions. But the other stuff (speculation, stone-throwing, bashing) serves no useful purpose.

kdaniels8811
June 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Sorry about the incorrect statement and thanks for the clarification. Dairy Whip is awesome!

alisoncooks
June 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry about the incorrect statement and thanks for the clarification. Dairy Whip is awesome!

Well, I'm glad you like it. Gives me a little hope that what I'm waiting for is worth it. I'm hating my current hair routine and I've been itching for something new (literally :)) for over a month (since I purchased this). I'm just getting impatient.

I wouldn't mind the wait if they were up front on their site about ship times...like how CV tells you things are curing...maybe Flower Moon Soaps can have a disclaimer about a 4 week handling time...

kdaniels8811
June 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Alisoncooks - What is your current hair routine? What are you using? I know, I am hijacking the thread, but am curious to what you are using and what you are expecting to gain. There are SO many alternatives to conventional shampoos.

A2JC4life
June 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I thought DairyWhip was something to eat. lol

Sheltie_Momma
June 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I thought DairyWhip was something to eat. lol

A DOLE whip is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Alas you can only get it at Disneyworld and in Hawaii at the Dole plantation. Total thread hijack, sorry, just sentimental for the best ice creamish treat ever. And from skimming this thread it seems like a Dole Whip may be easier to come by..LOL...but it won't do anything for your hair.

rose_in_bloom
June 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM
A DOLE whip is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Alas you can only get it at Disneyworld and in Hawaii at the Dole plantation. Total thread hijack, sorry, just sentimental for the best ice creamish treat ever. And from skimming this thread it seems like a Dole Whip may be easier to come by..LOL...but it won't do anything for your hair.

You can get them at Disneyland too! They are AWESOME. :D

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 06:04 PM

They ARE awesome ;) You get to have one after you see the movies at the Dole Cannery theaters. I love the original pineapple best (I think they have coconut and guava and mango now too).

snowbear
June 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Seconded! :lol:

manderly
June 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
FYI, just got an email today from Lisa. She broke her leg in May and they just had a fire, she's finally up and running again. :)

EllisGurl
June 20th, 2009, 09:53 AM
FYI, just got an email today from Lisa. She broke her leg in May and they just had a fire, she's finally up and running again. :)

Oh, that sucks!!!

I do hope that solves her shipping delay problem though. I've been considering ordering but have hesitated because of the delay.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not slamming her for this!! I'm just saying :shrug:

Morrighan
June 21st, 2009, 12:52 AM
I choose "Haven't tried it, but probably will because of the DW thread(s)"

I have a question though. Sorry if it's been asked, I only read part of the first thread. So DW is supposed to be like shampoo bars but different because of the texture? But I also read DW works for people who didn't have good luck with shampoo bars. I think shampoo bars don't work for me because I have hard water. Has anyone with hard water tried DW and did you like it? Thanks in advance for any replies.

jel
June 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM
I have really hard water and I like DW. It's not a holy grail product, but it's fine - and I really like the texture and the feel of my hair after. I still use conditioner from the neck down, but no acid rinse at all.

Morrighan
June 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Ok, thanks. :) I ordered some.

I got the Egyptian Goddess, but I didn't want jojoba beads or a color. There was no place to state this. Do they auomatically not come with these things or should I order the custom blend and email them next time, even though I'm not customizing the scent?

SpecialKitty
June 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Ok, thanks. :) I ordered some.

I got the Egyptian Goddess, but I didn't want jojoba beads or a color. There was no place to state this. Do they auomatically not come with these things or should I order the custom blend and email them next time, even though I'm not customizing the scent?

My Egyptian Goddess came without the jojoba beads and color - I didn't ask for them to be added or omitted - that is just the way the whip comes I believe.

Jeni
June 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Both whips I got (rice flower and vanilla honey) came without beads or color. I *think* back on the other thread people said she stopped adding the beads and color because everyone was asking to have them left off.

NamedForTheMoon
June 24th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Is this the dairy whip from Flower Moon?

Jeni
June 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Yes it is

lalala not enough characters lala

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I was offered some DairyWhip and did a trade this past week (thanks SK!). This morning I'm going to use it (can't wait to try it!)

I finally went to the dairywhip site and see it's just $6 a tub, but cannot find info about shipping. Those who have ordered: how steep IS the shipping????

Thanks in advance!
LisaJ

swirlytresses
June 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Lisa, I believe when I ordered in Oct (?) the shipping was around $7. I think someone said it has gone up since then, I could be wrong. I also recall the shipping being the same for one or two tubs, not sure about anything else. Hope this helps. :)

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh that's wonderful! I looked at the weight, and they're about a pound for the tub, and the tub's just $6. I looked at an alternative, and their price is about 1.5 times as much, but you only get about half as much soap. But their wait-time was pretty short. Hmmm....decisions, decisions!

And this from a girl who hasn't even TRIED it yet! ;)

zen_oven
June 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I've never tried DW, but I've seen some of the discussion on it and might. I do like to give new products a whirl if a lot of LHC folks seem to like them--I trust everyone's input here enough to see if something is for me.

Morrighan
June 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I was offered some DairyWhip and did a trade this past week (thanks SK!). This morning I'm going to use it (can't wait to try it!)

I finally went to the dairywhip site and see it's just $6 a tub, but cannot find info about shipping. Those who have ordered: how steep IS the shipping????

Thanks in advance!
LisaJ

When I ordered on the 21st shipping was free. But I bet it wont stay like that. I think I was able to see the shipping price before the final order confirmation.

LisaJaney
June 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I washed with Egyptian Goddess today and it felt good. My hair was REALLY oily, so I did a double-wash (lather, rinse, repeat, with the first "lather" being "not very lathery") and I only did a diluted vinegar rinse afterward (I rinsed that out, too) I have to wait for it to TOTALLY dry before I can know for sure what I think. Any time I've used barshampoo or Lush bars or anything like that, I have to have it TOTALLY dry before I can know how soft it is or isn't. I also have to brush it with my BBB to "reveal" the softness. I'll be back to let you know.

And if I don't care for it today, that doesn't mean that I won't care for it later; I may just need to use a conditioner/creme-rinse afterward is all. But so far, it's fine. It's about how my hair feels after using my LUSH bar, and that's good. :)

EllisGurl
June 25th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Oh that's wonderful! I looked at the weight, and they're about a pound for the tub, and the tub's just $6. I looked at an alternative, and their price is about 1.5 times as much, but you only get about half as much soap. But their wait-time was pretty short. Hmmm....decisions, decisions!

And this from a girl who hasn't even TRIED it yet! ;)

What was the "alternative?" Just curious.

FYL: I emailed Lisa on 6/12 asking if she had sample sizes. On 6/19 she answered,
hi [EllisGurl]-we also have an 8 oz size-lisa I went back to the site and did not see where to order these 8 oz. sizes so I replied to her email on the same day I received it her again asking how to order them. I have not received a reply yet.

LisaJaney
June 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
EllisGurl, I can't remember. It's a name with two Ws in it; there's a thread here about it. Its an Etsy Shop. WhisperingWinds, WhimsicalWorld or something like that, with the two W-words, like that.

My hair feels better today than yesterday. Yesterday I was not impressed, and thought that maybe I need to just use conditioner afterward. :shrug: So the jury's still out. If nothing else, it seems to be quite gentle and good for body-washing. :)

Spike
June 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I love Dairy Whip. My hair is amazingly shiny and clean, my skin is soft, and there's just enough fragrance to be pleasant without being overwhelming.

Unfortunately, thier customer service . . . needs improvement. I get the impression that this is a very very small business, and that they are at that awkward phase where you need another person (or three) to handle your business--but you don't have the reliable cash flow to hire those hands. And maybe you aren't sure you WANT to grow the business any further, because doing so would take some of the control away from you.

I have a buddy who is going to play with formulating an equivalent. If it works as well as "real" DW, then I'll switch suppliers. I know where she lives, after all . . . (chuckles evilly)

Tabitha
June 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
It's a name with two Ws in it; there's a thread here about it. Its an Etsy Shop. WhisperingWinds :agree:

Here's the thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25920

LisaJaney
June 25th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Yeppers, that's the one!

Jeni
June 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I tried the whispering winds stuff. Its a wonderful body wash and shaving soap but I didnt end up liking it for my hair.

Lisa- I have to use conditioner with DW. It does make a nice body wash!

AuntyClaus
June 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
It's not in my budget right now, but when it is, I'll probably try it. I've used Dr. Bronner's, Caswell-Massey rose soap, and am planning to use Kirk's Castille, so I do okay with soap.

kdaniels8811
June 25th, 2009, 03:21 PM
My hair does not like Dairy Whip but I like it better than anything I have ever tried for a body wash. Does not dry my skin, lathers great, lasts forever! I am ordering some for gifts, it is great stuff if you realize it will not ship for a while. A couple tubs will last me a long time!

WritingPrincess
June 25th, 2009, 03:51 PM
What's Dairy Whip? I've heard the name a lot, but what is it? All I can come up with is what's called "non-dairy whipped topping" or Cool Whip, but somehow I don't think that's what you're talking about.

kdaniels8811
June 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM
FlowerMoon Soaps is the company and Dairy Whip is whipped soap, I love it! Some folks really like it for thier hair, it does not work well on mine. The downside is when you order, it can be 2 - 8 weeks before getting it so be aware of that. With that said, I just placed an order for 4 tubs so I will be set for a while. I already have some so am not worried if it takes a while.

LisaJaney
June 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Writing princess, it's a soap that's not like a bar. It comes in tubs, and the consistency is...well, it's like...well, you know when you go to a restaurant and order pancakes and they have that little ball of whipped butter in a little cup for your pancakes or Frenchtoast or waffles? It's consistency is like that, but white, and it's soap for washing yourself or your hair. And it has all sorts of different fragrances.

I put a dollop of it (the size of a small grape?) into a cup of warm water, and mixed it up and poured that over my hair to wash it. Pretty simple!

Jeni
June 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
You can also swirl a wet poof around the top to create foam then take the foam and work it into your hair.

Kazazi
June 26th, 2009, 01:55 AM
WritingPrincess, I would agree with the previous posters that Dairy Whip is a wonderful hairwashing product but I should add that there is now considerable doubt as to whether the product is actually a soap or detergent based.

The original info from the vendor made it sound like a true soap but somebody (Desdemona, I think) did a chemical test recently that claims to identify anything with a true soap content, and DW tested negative, suggesting it does not contain true soap. It also behaves more like a detergent (rinses clean in hard water and all that) and some have speculated that it is based on a foaming bath butter base similar to this (http://soapersupplies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SS&Category_Code=FBB1) but as of yet, as far as I know, the seller has not replied to any enquiries to confirm this or provide an otherwise specified full ingredient list.

So the bottom line is, nobody is sure what is in the product, but most people find it a very mild hairwash including some who normally don't get on with sulfates very well (this includes me). A couple of people also reacted badly to it though, so if you are very sensitive to certain chemicals it might be worth to proceed with care.

WritingPrincess
June 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I may look into that.

alisoncooks
June 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Alisoncooks - What is your current hair routine? What are you using? I know, I am hijacking the thread, but am curious to what you are using and what you are expecting to gain. There are SO many alternatives to conventional shampoos.

I know this was asked a while back but I just saw it. Sorry :)

I have tried just about every CV poo bar there is :) Liked the Olive and Babassu but wanted something a little easier for travel/daily use. Right now I'm just using up a huge bottle of Garnier Fructis b/c I don't wanna waste it. I've tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple treat and HATE it.

I liked the fullness CV bars gave my straight, fine hair. I didn't like the straw-like feel and the tendency to feel "gunky" at the scalp.

Anyway, was just looking for something that made my hair feel clean, but add that extra oomph :)

alisoncooks
July 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Just in case anyone was considering Flower Moon Soaps' Dairy Whip, please note that their site is disabled.

Don't know what this means about the company. Don't know what it means for those pending orders. I got tired of waiting (2 months) and called my credit card company to dispute the charge...

Morrighan
July 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Just in case anyone was considering Flower Moon Soaps' Dairy Whip, please note that their site is disabled.

Don't know what this means about the company. Don't know what it means for those pending orders. I got tired of waiting (2 months) and called my credit card company to dispute the charge...

Wasn't there a LHC member who lives a few minutes from where the dairy whip maker sells in real life? I fogote her name. Maybe she can check things out for us?

Ponytale
July 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I was in contact with Dairy Whip last week. They had a fire in May, and at the time she wrote to respond to my aggressive email, she said she was just back on email (due to the fire taking out their computer service) with over 700 emails to go through. She did not say if they would continue the business, but I think for right now they are simply trying to recover.

manderly
July 3rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
I was in contact with Dairy Whip last week. They had a fire in May, and at the time she wrote to respond to my aggressive email, she said she was just back on email (due to the fire taking out their computer service) with over 700 emails to go through. She did not say if they would continue the business, but I think for right now they are simply trying to recover.

I received a similar email on June 19 ;)

AJoifulNoise
July 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Wasn't there a LHC member who lives a few minutes from where the dairy whip maker sells in real life? I fogote her name. Maybe she can check things out for us?

I am that member. But, please don't take this the wrong way... I don't want want to get between the LHC and the seller. I hope ya'll understand.

Morrighan
July 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
I am that member. But, please don't take this the wrong way... I don't want want to get between the LHC and the seller. I hope ya'll understand.
Sorry for putting you on the spot. :flowers: I didn't mean to. It was just my first idea and I blurted it out from being a little worried. But now I can see how that wouldn't be a good idea.

Moonstruck
July 4th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Ooof! Good luck to her.

Anyhow, maybe I'm really daft... but how do you use a pouf to wash your hair? As in... If the consistancy is like heavy whipped cream, and you dip a pouf into it, how do you lather it up (or against what)? How do you extract the foam from the pouf? Do you just squeeze it out? How much foam is enough? How do you control how much DW the pouf is getting?
?!
I'm just very baffled at this whole idea. Haha. To be honest, I've only recently even USED a pouf, and still prefer my loofah, so maybe there are some extra pouf techniques I've yet to learn.

AJoifulNoise
July 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Sorry for putting you on the spot. :flowers: I didn't mean to. It was just my first idea and I blurted it out from being a little worried. But now I can see how that wouldn't be a good idea.

Oh, it's really alright! I think I'd have said the same thing if I were in your place. I've just been putting a lot of thought in to it (as other people have asked me similar things) and came to the decision that I'd rather not be involved. I'm moving soon anyway and I already bought up a supply to take with me so I don't really need to go to her at all anymore. Until I come back her for visits, of course. :)

Jeni
July 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Ooof! Good luck to her.

Anyhow, maybe I'm really daft... but how do you use a pouf to wash your hair? As in... If the consistancy is like heavy whipped cream, and you dip a pouf into it, how do you lather it up (or against what)? How do you extract the foam from the pouf? Do you just squeeze it out? How much foam is enough? How do you control how much DW the pouf is getting?
?!
I'm just very baffled at this whole idea. Haha. To be honest, I've only recently even USED a pouf, and still prefer my loofah, so maybe there are some extra pouf techniques I've yet to learn.

Well my DW is firmer then whipped cream, its more of a soft solid...it keeps it shape but you can swish it. Does that makes sense? The Whispering Winds stuff (kind of an alternative to DW, sort of) is softer, more like thick cream, besides not liking the results (on my hair) I end up using more each time because it was so soft. I prefer the "hardness" of DW.

I get ALOT of foam from just a few (3-4) swirls along the top with a wet poof. After I swirl i add a little water and squeeze the poof until i get foam. I then take the foam off with my hand, plop it on my wet head and work it in. For me this has worked the best. I usually have enough foam left over to then wash my body.

swirlytresses
July 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I like and use both the DW and the WW whipped soap. I do think that the DW is a little more moisturizing though. I notice it more on my body than inmy hair. The DW does last a long time and I like that about it. :)

kdaniels8811
July 6th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Well, the Dairy Whip site is down, I offered to get my sister some, I like it so much and it is not available. Sigh.... I hope she recovers ok, what a lot to deal with! A fire is devastating.

Morrighan
July 6th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I've been thinking, that maybe it's down because they're not taking anymore orders until they get their current ones shipped out!

AmyJorgensen
July 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Well....now I'm interested. Where can I get this elusive Dairy Whip? Surely it is not just the one seller? If you know of any working websites for me....TIA.

Also, are the CV bars similar to dairy whip?

Are either one better at detangling than cone-free conditioner?

alisoncooks
July 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Dairy whip the name of the product sold from one particular vendor, Flower Moon Soaps. There are other similar products "out there", if you read back over some of the Dairy whip threads.

DW is sold in a tub and is softer (but not fluffy) and crumbly. CV poo bars are, obviously, solid soap bars.

As far as performance of the 2 compared, I'm no help. My DW never showed up and I didn't *love* CV's poo bars (though I loooove their other soaps and butters). There was also much debate about the ingredients of DW.

Perhaps you can find some in a swap thread...

JKRBeloved
July 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm really happy with conditioner-only washings, so I won't be trying it anytime in the near future.

Morrighan
July 11th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Ok, well, I'm kind of disappointed. I thought shipping was free, cause when I ordered it said "Shipping: $0". Yesterday I found out they charged me $12. So they either charged $6 for shipping or for an extra bucket of DW. Did that happen to anyone else? If it's not a shipping charge, I'll be expecting a extra DW. :D

I tried calling them, from the three numbers on the old dairy whip thread. One has been disconnected (this # also came with my monthly statement), the other says something like CVSTV20 and then disconnects, the other is constantly busy. Either a lot of people are calling or she took the phone of the hook.

alisoncooks
July 12th, 2009, 01:49 PM
shipping for my order was $6 (plus the $6 whip) for a total of $12. However, I never got mine and they never responded to my questions, so I cancelled it w/ my credit card company. Hope you have better luck!

manderly
July 12th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I've given her a final notice that I need to receive my order and hear from her by the end of the week if she wants to avoid a chargeback. How sad :(

alisoncooks
July 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Well, 2 months after I ordered and 2 weeks after I disputed the charge on my card (and got my $$ back) my package arrived. It was shipped priority mail 2 days ago (and not the May 12 that they told me, obviously!)

I feel bad for them, b/c I fully plan on returning to sender/refusing it (which means they lost $6 in shipping for nothing). But it makes NO SENSE that they sent it to me when my credit card company had already taken that charge back!

Anyway, I peeked at it out of curiosity, and not to be rude, but I'm glad I got my $$ back. The container was messy on the outside and all gunked up under the lip of the lid (my whip is white and the gunk is yellow and looks old). And there were 2 hairs stuck in the gunk on the outside. Ick.

Closing the door on this chapter of my Dairy Whip experience and NOT looking back. Hope those of you waiting on whip have a better experience than I!!!

Jemoiselle
July 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Ewww! Add that to my list of things I will never try solely on the basis of how they treat our fellow LHC'ers. Disgusting.

kdaniels8811
July 15th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I think I will give up on trying to order from her and make my own. I have been reading up on it and it really does not seem difficult. I really like it for a body wash, best thing I have ever used. My hair does not like it but my skin sure does. I will let you know how it goes!

OhMyCurlz
July 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Well, 2 months after I ordered and 2 weeks after I disputed the charge on my card (and got my $$ back) my package arrived. It was shipped priority mail 2 days ago (and not the May 12 that they told me, obviously!)

I feel bad for them, b/c I fully plan on returning to sender/refusing it (which means they lost $6 in shipping for nothing). But it makes NO SENSE that they sent it to me when my credit card company had already taken that charge back!

Anyway, I peeked at it out of curiosity, and not to be rude, but I'm glad I got my $$ back. The container was messy on the outside and all gunked up under the lip of the lid (my whip is white and the gunk is yellow and looks old). And there were 2 hairs stuck in the gunk on the outside. Ick.

Closing the door on this chapter of my Dairy Whip experience and NOT looking back. Hope those of you waiting on whip have a better experience than I!!!
AHA! So you are the person I saw on everday minerals with this god-awful experience then. Thank you for saving me the wait. I just posted a thread about making homemade dairy whip and seeing your post just reaffirmed that I was through with trying to order from the company.

A couple of people stated that the owner broke her leg, and that there was a fire so she "just" got back internet access. The comapny seems really shady to me....really shouldn't be like that...not with the FDA acting a fool over natural homebased companies now. I suspected that though. When people were saying that they woul inquire about their dairy whip order, and then in a few days they would have it. I bet every dollar that what would happen was that when people start asking for it, she would package it right then and send it on out priority mail (so you woud receive it in two to three days). My thing is, why lie? Why not just have on your site that orders will take several months to be filled? Certainy there is a better way to go about this.

Either way she disabled her site, so no innocent potential customers wont have to go through the headache.

Shade

OhMyCurlz
July 16th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Ok, well, I'm kind of disappointed. I thought shipping was free, cause when I ordered it said "Shipping: $0". Yesterday I found out they charged me $12. So they either charged $6 for shipping or for an extra bucket of DW. Did that happen to anyone else? If it's not a shipping charge, I'll be expecting a extra DW. :D

I tried calling them, from the three numbers on the old dairy whip thread. One has been disconnected (this # also came with my monthly statement), the other says something like CVSTV20 and then disconnects, the other is constantly busy. Either a lot of people are calling or she took the phone of the hook. Hope you receive your products

Velouria
July 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I really don't see that anyone ever had a "witch hunt" going on the other DW thread. What we had was a bunch of people justifiably griping about a company with abysmal customer service that was not honest with their customers.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Moonstruck
July 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Well, I think the "witch hunt" last time actually had more to do with the product contents, rather than the poor customer service. I don't think anyone really questioned the fact that sometimes her products took months to receive, nor that sometimes people fell off the wagon for her shipping list.

Allisoncooks - ewww! Hahaha. I think finding hairs on stuff is the WORST! (I'm not sure why, since we obviously really like hair here too, and do all sorts of weird stuff with it... but it just seems so unhygenic).
That being said, are you planning on dumping it in the sink, washing the container off, and trying a little bit? ^^"

Qamar
July 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Sadly I can't answer the poll. I ordered Dairy Whip coming up on six months ago but as of yet still have not received it to try so I can't choose one of those options. Yes, I do want to try it and have put my money where my mouth is. *lol* I'm still hoping my order shows up one of these days!

OhMyCurlz
July 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM
6 MONTHS....are you serious? That's ridiculous.

Sadly I can't answer the poll. I ordered Dairy Whip coming up on six months ago but as of yet still have not received it to try so I can't choose one of those options. Yes, I do want to try it and have put my money where my mouth is. *lol* I'm still hoping my order shows up one of these days!

Lexy
July 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I really don't see that anyone ever had a "witch hunt" going on the other DW thread. What we had was a bunch of people justifiably griping about a company with abysmal customer service that was not honest with their customers.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Speaking as a mod: The problem with the last thread was that members were engaging in rampant speculation rather than talking about concrete experiences. As long as this thread stays in the realm of direct experience with the product and/or service, it should be fine.

Qamar
July 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Sadly, I am serious. In two weeks it'll be six months since I placed my order. I just emailed her again and asked that she please ship it ASAP as I will be moving soon. (I'm a traveling nurse so my location changes frequently.) I also offered some polite and hopefully constructive suggestions for her as to catching up with her backlog and communicating with her customer base. Really, its the communication that is the key point. I love supporting small cottage industries as I have one myself, but I've been more than patient at this point and would really just like to have my order. I won't order again because of the wait and customer service issues, but I do wish her well and hope she gets things organized for herself. She could have a goldmine if she addressed those issues!

Marms
July 20th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I answered the poll with "Haven't tried it, but probably will because of the DW thread(s)" but I don't think I will now even it the site comes back up. There really is no excuse for taking 6 months to ship something or for lying about when you shipped it.

Proginoskes
July 22nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Uh...wow. I'm usually a sporadic lurker here and I make my own stuff so even though I'd heard of Dairy Whip quite a while ago from NaturallyCurly.com I've never bothered to try it. But I'm really sorry this is happening. :(

It's probably academic now but for the record, since (I believe?) she never marketed or labeled the Dairy Whip as anything but soap, she wasn't required to label it with any ingredients. Soap is exempted from cosmetic labeling requirements in that way in the US. But since she did list some ingredients on the package(?) she would have then been required to list them properly -- in full, in descending order of amount, and including lye and/or any synthetic detergents -- which it looks like she probably didn't.

Also, the FTC has rules regarding shipping times and notice thereof for products bought through mail, phone, or internet. They can be found on the FTC website but this is the most pertinent part, to me anyway:

By law, a company should ship your order within the time stated in its ads. If no time is promised, the company should ship your order within 30 days after receiving it.

If the company is unable to ship within the promised time, they must give you an “option notice.” This notice gives you the choice of agreeing to the delay or canceling your order and receiving a prompt refund.

There is one exception to the 30-day Rule: if a company doesn’t promise a shipping time, and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the company has 50 days to ship after receiving your order.

So if you want to, I suppose those of you who aren't getting your orders could put in a complaint with the FTC too. But I hope you all do get what you ordered and it doesn't come to that. :( I think it would be much better for all concerned if it could be resolved in a way that makes everyone happy.

(I hope this isn't seen as stirring the pot, just trying to help...)

Loviatar
July 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Argh, I just saw her site was down. FWIW, I got my order just fine and I live in the UK. One of the pots had a crack in it but I wanted to decant anyway so I wasnt bothered. I'm sorry she's had the fire - I love DW and so does my hair, so I will be ordering again if I can get any from her... I hope her site is back up soon. :(

Qamar
July 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Well, so far no reply to my email. On the good side though, it didn't bounce, so I know she IS getting mail at that address despite the website being down. I'm hoping my DW will just miraculously show up one of these days because I really would just like my order at this point. If I don't hear from her in a couple of more days I'll contact the BBB in her area.

alisoncooks
July 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Allisoncooks - ewww! Hahaha. I think finding hairs on stuff is the WORST! (I'm not sure why, since we obviously really like hair here too, and do all sorts of weird stuff with it... but it just seems so unhygenic).
That being said, are you planning on dumping it in the sink, washing the container off, and trying a little bit? ^^"

Haha, yeah the hair grossed me out. My DH didn't seem bothered by it, said it was "just a hair"...he was more grossed out by the yellow gunk under the edge of the lid.

I took it to the post office and they returned it for free since I was "refusing it" (though technically you aren't supposed to open it if you are refusing a package). I did slip a note thru a crack that read "Thanks but no thanks" and explained that I'd disputed the charge and didn't want the package. I really had to fight the urge to be mean and state all of their downfalls but I chose not to...

I was tempted to do a test to see if the DW was worth the hype...but honestly, I did not like the way it smelled and every time I walked past the box that day, the smell was icky to me.... So, I just returned it.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have to admit, I am curious about trying it, but I am not sure about ordering from the DW site.. especially after the hair :shocked: comment!

manderly
July 23rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
Well, so far no reply to my email. On the good side though, it didn't bounce, so I know she IS getting mail at that address despite the website being down. I'm hoping my DW will just miraculously show up one of these days because I really would just like my order at this point. If I don't hear from her in a couple of more days I'll contact the BBB in her area.

Oh she's getting them. I attached a read receipt to my last email, and I received notification of it being opened.

Sadly I will have to dispute this with my bank tomorrow. :nono:

How sad, I really did want to try it. :(

manderly
July 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Oh dear. I went to get the mail today, and lo and behold, I had a package from Flowermoon Soap. :roll:

I received 3 items. They were packed in a USPS flat rate box. Each tub was individually wrapped in a brown paper bag, and there was a small amount of padding between the three. That said, they all arrived intact and unbroken.

She's not very neat at packing the soap into the plastic tubs, and I will warn you that there was a stray hair in one of the tubs! :eek:

The 3 scents I ordered were Egyptian Goddes, Rice Flower, and White Ginger. The first two are barely scented at all, as if she didn't use enough FO to actually properly scent them, but if I sniff hard enough I can pick up on it. Too bad, because they seem like they would be nice scents, otherwise. The White Ginger is nicely scented, and strong enough to smell and possibly linger.

I just washed with the Egyptian Goddess to see if the scent would come out stronger in the lather (it did not). I used it as a shampoo as well as body wash. I wasn't terribly impressed at the shampooing, though I've been far from commercial on the shampoos for a while, so I'm more used to the CV soap bar lather by now. I can't tell you how my hair will turn out, because I used cones and added some of the MIT no frizz creme for straight hair because I felt like blowing my hair out like I used to, to see what it looked like :) So I have totally changed my routine so I'm unable to give a fair analysis of my hair's "after" feel at this time.

My skin is nice, not dry, but not feeling moisturized or anything. Just nicely balanced.

I will probably give Whispering Windz a try sooner or later. This is a ton of DW product and will undoubtedly last me ages, even if I use it every wash.

I emailed the maker to let her know I received the package and won't be disputing the charge with my bank and that I hope she gets her act together. :shrug:

Now, does anyone know how I could mix in some scents into my two barely scented ones? I was thinking of tossing an imp of BPAL into each. Do I heat and melt and stir? Or just use my mixer??

Shermie Girl
July 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I would just use a mixer. Try not to over whip it, if you can... It could collapse. :)

Qamar
July 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
That's encouraging. When did you order yours Manderly?
I still had nothing in my mail or email as of today.

manderly
July 25th, 2009, 11:58 PM
That's encouraging. When did you order yours Manderly?
I still had nothing in my mail or email as of today.

I ordered the first week of June. I hassled her via email.

I would suggest emailing her with a read receipt (so you know she's opened it) and let her know that you need to receive either your order or a response from her this week or you will dispute the charges.

That's what got me my order. :shrug:

And thanks Shermie Girl. That's right, I was reading about the base and it can collapse. Geez, I hope I can mix some nice scent into it!

LaurelSpring
July 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Im bummed about this situation. I just tried to go to the site and saw it was down and came to the thread to see what was up. I still have one container of the Egyptian Goddess but wanted to put in an order way ahead to get more in time. I havent checked the thread in awhile and didnt realize all of the issues that were going on. I really like the stuff! Im really sad that I probably wont ever get anymore and that things got screwy.

I tried whisperingsindz stuff but the chemicals made me shed. I guess its back to CV bars unless someone finds something comparable or I learn to make my own!

kdaniels8811
July 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Can someone provide me with the e-mail address? I had it but must of deleted it... Thanks!

Qamar
July 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the suggestion Manderly! I still ahve had no reply to my last email so I may do that with a Friday deadline to hear back. I'm ready to also file a complaint with the better business bureau at this point. *sigh* Its a shame too because it sounds like a great product and I *love* supporting cottage industries.

alisoncooks
July 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oh dear. I went to get the mail today, and lo and behold, I had a package from Flowermoon Soap. :roll:

I received 3 items. They were packed in a USPS flat rate box. Each tub was individually wrapped in a brown paper bag, and there was a small amount of padding between the three. That said, they all arrived intact and unbroken.

She's not very neat at packing the soap into the plastic tubs, and I will warn you that there was a stray hair in one of the tubs! :eek:

The 3 scents I ordered were Egyptian Goddes, Rice Flower, and White Ginger. The first two are barely scented at all, as if she didn't use enough FO to actually properly scent them, but if I sniff hard enough I can pick up on it. Too bad, because they seem like they would be nice scents, otherwise. The White Ginger is nicely scented, and strong enough to smell and possibly linger.

I just washed with the Egyptian Goddess to see if the scent would come out stronger in the lather (it did not). I used it as a shampoo as well as body wash. I wasn't terribly impressed at the shampooing, though I've been far from commercial on the shampoos for a while, so I'm more used to the CV soap bar lather by now. I can't tell you how my hair will turn out, because I used cones and added some of the MIT no frizz creme for straight hair because I felt like blowing my hair out like I used to, to see what it looked like :) So I have totally changed my routine so I'm unable to give a fair analysis of my hair's "after" feel at this time.

My skin is nice, not dry, but not feeling moisturized or anything. Just nicely balanced.

I will probably give Whispering Windz a try sooner or later. This is a ton of DW product and will undoubtedly last me ages, even if I use it every wash.

I emailed the maker to let her know I received the package and won't be disputing the charge with my bank and that I hope she gets her act together. :shrug:

Now, does anyone know how I could mix in some scents into my two barely scented ones? I was thinking of tossing an imp of BPAL into each. Do I heat and melt and stir? Or just use my mixer??

Glad to hear that you finally got yours as well.
So maybe the hair is a freebie, b/c I got one too :) :)

And at least yours was boxed in a "real" box. Mine was in some "recycled" box where they scratched out with marker the previous use. My dairy whip was stuck in a paper bag inside the box, that was it.

You're definitely accurate about the lack of neatness in filling the tubs. Mine were not what I'd call "tidy"...

kdaniels8811
July 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Does anyone have her e-mail address? Thanks...

Qamar
July 31st, 2009, 06:46 AM
I just sent her an email letting her know that if I do not hear back from her by tomorrow I *will* be filing a formal complaint with the BBB. I don't want to, but this is just plain ridiculous. I want to see her succeed, but she needs to start by making amends to all her backlogged customers by shipping out their orders and then actually communicating with her entire customer base!

kdaniels8811
July 31st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the e-mail address!

naturechild
February 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I haven't bought from them in a long time but LOVE their product. Are their any updates? Should I risk it?

MandyBeth
February 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I keep seeing Dairy Whip mentioned and I was thinking it was a whipped cream type product. Ok then....

zombi
February 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I keep seeing Dairy Whip mentioned and I was thinking it was a whipped cream type product. Ok then....
I thought this, too!

I don't know, my body has a hard time with dairy so I am staying away from everything dairy these days, so I never thought I'd try this. I'm sure it's not the same using it as shampoo, maybe? Dunno.

It sounds neat, though!

Kazazi
February 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
As far as I am aware, the product is no longer available. If anybody knows anything to the contrary, please do let me know, as I miss the stuff!

Flaxen
February 25th, 2010, 04:18 PM
It appears that the website has closed, so we'll call this thread done. :smile: