PDA

View Full Version : What DON'T you like about long hair?

LadyEliza
May 31st, 2009, 07:22 PM
This comes to mind because this is the situation I'm in right this minute!

I don't like long hair in winter when I've just washed it and it's dripping down my back and it's COLD!!!!!

ravenreed
May 31st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Length of time to wash it... drying time... the long, loose hair that dangles down and brushes my leg making me think a spider is crawling on me... and the wretched hairs that seems to want to end up in my personal areas! Oh, and the piles of human hair balls all over my house, next to my bed, the computer chair, the bathroom mat...

MandaMom2Three
May 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM
I don't like it getting in my mouth!!

theshadowpuppet
May 31st, 2009, 07:32 PM
How, because it's so long, when it's coiled up it looks like I'm shedding a lot of hair. It makes me worry, even though common sense would tell me that I'm not shedding more than a normal amount.

Curlsgirl
I guess mostly the thing about time to dry in the winter because blow-drying = frizz for me and damage of course. Also it's hot in the summer and I HAVE to keep it up and it's getting harder to do that the longer it gets. That's probably because I haven't taken the time to learn any new updos though.

I love way more things than not though for SURE!

LadyEliza
I don't like it getting in my mouth!!

Oh, I remember that! I remember inhaling and having it go down my throat! Carefully pulling it back up and trying not to gag.

And Zoe breathing it in as well!

Another funny thing that use to happen when it was very long. We had kittens, they would eat it, and then poop out beads! LOL

Speckla
May 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
I don't like combing, washing, or having my hair take so long to dry. It gets worse the longer it gets. But it's worth it to me. The not likes are a whole lot shorter than the likes.

Carolyn
May 31st, 2009, 07:40 PM
A few things are minor inconveniences but I can't think of anything I really don't like about it.

Kristen_Marie
May 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Wow, okay I have a few things:

Anxiety: I have little panic/anxiety attacks every now and then about the condition of my hair and the possibility of getting the nasty "L" parasite. (When I was younger - about seven years ago - I contracted lice from some kids I babysat. Sadly, we were in Hawaii and I thought the itching was just sand from the beach. Nasty surprise when I found out what it really was. I had to cut my hair back from waist to shoulder length to get rid of the little creepers. I've been paranoid of them ever since. One little itch and I have family members checking my hair.)

The Negative Comments and Locks of Love pushers: These people make having long hair seem curse-ish at times. (Even some of the semi-positive-but-not-really attention from strangers who invite themselves into personal space because they feel they have some "right" to touch your hair)

The massive hairballs: These end up everywhere and anywhere! I've even scared my sister once. After cleaning a few of my brushes out I dumped the balls of crunch-hair into the bathroom bin and - oh boy. I'd never seen anyone run that fast or scream that loud. She thought there were giant rodents in the garbage!

The expense: I find that I spend more money on hair products, toys, etc, then anything else in my health and beauty routine.

But of course, having long hair will always and forever be totally and completely WORTH IT! :cheese:

frangipani
May 31st, 2009, 07:47 PM
My hair isn't long at the moment, but I remember when it was, I did not like when the wind would whip it into my face, and it would get it stuck to my lip gloss!

manderly
May 31st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hair everywhere!

Sweaty neck or bun, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Dry tangles in the old damaged bit (I think this has more to do with damaged ends than the length).

Peter
May 31st, 2009, 07:58 PM
I think my only major problem with long hair is the drying time. If it dried in 5 minutes it would be perfect. :D

MandaMom2Three
May 31st, 2009, 08:02 PM
My hair isn't long at the moment, but I remember when it was, I did not like when the wind would whip it into my face, and it would get it stuck to my lip gloss!

Oh yuck, I hate that too! Though I'd rather my hair than the bug that flew in my face and got stuck in my lipstick yesterday, blech!

heidihug
May 31st, 2009, 08:38 PM
On the very rare occasion that I wear my hair down, I don't like it...

getting caught in the car door.
getting caught in the seat belt retractor - ouch!
falling over my shoulders and getting into everything - the dishwasher, the cat food and water, dirt on the floor, and on and on.Everyday "not likes"...

detangling my 2nd day hair (I don't detangle until after my hair is dry, and that's not until at least 36 hours after I wash).
how long it takes to do two or more braids.
those bad hair updo days when NOTHING seems to work.Even with these not likes, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my hair long!

kwaniesiam
May 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I feel frumpy when having a day when my hair just will not cooperate.

viking_quest
May 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
The tangles are the worst part.

julya
May 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Tangles are my only complaint.

Angellen
May 31st, 2009, 09:02 PM
I don't like how much it tangles. At BSL and above, I would never have to do more than finger comb!

I don't like the Locks of Love (or other donation) suggestions. My father makes one (or more) EVERY SINGLE TIME he sees me with my hair down. Ugh.

I don't like how hot it is in summer, but I wear it up 90% of the time anyway, so that's not so bad.

I don't like how long it takes to wash and dry in winter.

I'm not fond of the way my hair appears everywhere and that it is long enough to tangle up other things.

I can't think of any more, but I'm sure there are some. :p The good certainly outweighs the bad, though.

tiamimi
May 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
The hair in the lipgloss bothers me too. As do tangles and my hair when it gets to about APL is really bad about tangling. I would almost believe if it were looked at wrong it would tangle.:rolleyes:

spidermom
May 31st, 2009, 09:23 PM
Having my wet hair get my shirt and my pants wet in cold weather. The time it takes to dry - too long, that's for sure, except on the hottest, driest of days.

Nat242
May 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM
Oddly - the same thing I *like* about long hair! Deciding on styles sometimes gets difficult; at least when I had a pixie I only had two choices; with a headscarf or without! :p

Still, I like the versatility. I'm just not used to thinking, "what hairstyle will work best with this outfit?" ;)

peacefrog
May 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Oh I live next to a great mountain and on top of it there is amazing wind that carries my hair from behind me in to a massive blanket that tries to smother me and I cant get out until my hair is so tangled I dont even want to think about it.

Also people who come up and say "wow your hair is long, you sould cut it and give it to locks of love"
If I did cut my hair maybe I would give it to them but until that day if people could stop the harasment that would be swell.

Ohh and I cant forget the fact that I am already clumsy so when I fall I land on hair half the time and when I try to get up its tangled in my fingers and under my knees so it pulls and I fall again in more pain.

and I have zipped my hair up in my jackets and even my fly!

But no really I love mu hair. :D

FrozenPrincess
May 31st, 2009, 09:44 PM
I love my long hair, but what i find annoying at the moment is:

Getting it stuck on door handles when it's loose.
Waiting for it to dry in winter.
Getting caught in it while sleeping.I think thats it for the moment :)

windinherhair
May 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM
I had to listen to my dad rant about my hair as a child when it would clog up the vacuum. Now I don't have to think about that.... although it can be an annoying mess to clean up sometimes.

Also, I don't like when the wind blows my hair when I'm wearing lip gloss and it gets all sticky. I never have that problem when I wear lipstick.

masterofmidgets
May 31st, 2009, 09:49 PM
It drives me crazy when it's windy and I end up eating big mouthfuls of hair. And finding tons of hair everywhere - my clothes, my carpet, my bookbag, *cough*unmentionable places*cough*.

And I hate when people I don't know start petting me. It gives me shivers down my spine! And sometimes it's all I can do not to clock them for touching me without my permission.

Luckily, the drawbacks are not nearly enough to outweigh how much I like having my hair long.:D

eyesofsummer
May 31st, 2009, 09:53 PM
Like others have mentioned, the cursed tangles! There's nothing worse than having to wash my hair a day or two earlier than planned because it's getting hopelessly matted.

I'm not sure how I feel about my hair being flat on top, either. The longer it gets, the more my curls are getting pulled down it seems...

But there's no question, it's definitely worth it! With all the help from LHC, I like my hair more and more each day! :crush:

LittleOrca
May 31st, 2009, 11:37 PM
That its not longer :)

Dars
May 31st, 2009, 11:57 PM
I don't like when it gets caught under my boyfriend when it's loose, hurts and I'm pinned down!

Cleaning up long shed hairs and pulling them out from the shower drain.

Babying dry ends instead of cutting them off because I don't want to loose length :(

Shedding A LOT and loosing thickness as a result.

basak
June 1st, 2009, 12:12 AM
The drying time, detangling, figuring out just exactly how much conditioner to use where, not to mention finding the products that work for my hair. I absolutely HATE to have one big bottle of conditioner just sitting on the counter and not being used. Thank goodness I only have one bottle now. It could have been much much more. I don't like the weight of my hair, if my hair was shorter it would have much more body, I could even be a wavy. I have to wash every 3 days, yes for years I have tried to stretch out my wash days, but an oily scalp and straight hair just doesn't match. There's also aesthetic issues. I hate wearing my hair in a bun, even when the weather is suitable. My hair is so suitable for wearing down with no added styling whatsoever, but I can't when my hair is long. I also want to wear it wavy sometimes, but the weight makes it impossible.
The cons outweigh the pros for me, so I've cut. It was nearing classic before, now it's hip length with a deep U hemline. I'll get a cut again and it'll be between BSL and waist with heavy layering.

misspriss
June 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
Oh, I remember that! I remember inhaling and having it go down my throat! Carefully pulling it back up and trying not to gag.

I experienced this for the first time last week. It nearly ruined a moment....nothing like gagging on your own hair, reaching up to pull it out of your mouth and it is still attached to your head.

I think I can live with the rest of the issues, I wear my hair up almost nonstop now, so damp is fine, drying time not being a problem there. My hair very rarely tangles. It isn't really long enough to get stuck places yet....so I am good!

LadyEliza
June 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM
That its not longer :)

LOL!!!!

That's the best answer so far!

ilovelonghair
June 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
-tangles
-getting caught in car door
-getting caught in seat belt retractor
-getting caught under my armpits when I sleep (this is a new thing)
-when dust sticks in my hair, it gets really tangly
-getting stuck on buttons from my clothes
-getting stuck to my partners clothes or under his armpit (how is that possible anyway, and it always happens when we're shopping)
-getting blown around by wind
-it chokes me in my sleep (seems my hair is on a secret mission...)

Phalaenopsis
June 1st, 2009, 01:36 AM
I also have the creepy spider thing happening to me. That really bugs me. Suddenly I feel something and I get scared, then it appears to be a part of my hair that was falling over my shoulder.

I hate shampooing. Getting some shampoo on my scalp is difficult with all that hair in the way.

Windy days. Luckily I can fix that with bunning my hair.

Sarahmoon
June 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM
The massive amounts of hair that come off when you comb it, especially after it's just washed :shudder:

concrescence
June 1st, 2009, 02:00 AM
My hair isn't long enough to have long-hair-problems yet, but i had almost waist-length hair in high school. The things that I didn't like about it: 1) getting caught under my armpits when I slept or swam 2) how all my shed hairs seemed to congregate in the armpits of my sweaters, giving a whole new meaning to hairy armpits 3) hair in my mouth or food. It wasn't these things that prompted me to cut it, though. I just was ready for a major change of style.

Right now, the long-hair-problems that I must deal with are my boyfriend's. He has 3b/C/iii hair that is APL when dry and MBL when wet. He sheds sooooooo much! Any normal person who had this amount of shedding would think they were in the midst of some sort of major shed and would go to the doctor, but this is normal for him. All of his hairballs everywhere really gross me out. I especially hate picking his wet hair out of the shower drain. ewwwww! But I like how long hair looks on him, so I suppose it's worth it. I just wish he would clean up his own shed hair.

rach
June 1st, 2009, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by LittleOrca
That its not longer
awwww "hug", i know the feeling

problems which i have is the matting effect my hair makes on the carpets when it fallen off my head and it shows up even more now it's red , and it bungs up the plug holes and i'm the only one to blame in the houshold :o

Isilme
June 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
wearing a ponytail is almost as much hassle as wearing my hair down, it i hard to pull trough the elastic (which is of mega size, soft and stretchy) and then having to add an extra elastic! And how walking just one hour makes the pony sagg like mad!
Having the wind blow my hair around me and tangle it when down.
Almost all of the annoying things with long hair has to do with wearing i down, and I must always carry a comb with me or have a backup like a ficcare or something else! Fortunately, my handbag has some decorative lacing on the front which makes for a perfect ficcare holder!

Sarahmoon
June 1st, 2009, 04:13 AM
how all my shed hairs seemed to congregate in the armpits of my sweaters, giving a whole new meaning to hairy armpits
Aaargh I remember that. Good that problem disappeared when I stopped wearing those knitted sweaters.

Elbereth
June 1st, 2009, 05:02 AM
Nothing comes to my mind, really. Usually, if there is some major annoyance, I try to solve it. For instance, I solved the "wet hair dripping down the back" issue by starting to wear my hair in a cotton snood when it is wet. If I want to go out or look nice while my hair is wet, I just add a nice scarf.

Since I'm a sworn updo-wearer, I don't handle hair down very gracefully. Maybe I'll learn.

The only issue that really bothers me is that I wish I was at tailbone already. I have just a couple of cms to go, and it feels like it's taking FOREVER.:p

Heavenly Locks
June 1st, 2009, 05:45 AM
I don't like -

How my shed hairs seem so much more 'everywhere' than anyone else's! Like it's really all me who is clogging up the sinks, vacuum and lint trap in the dryer. :rolleyes:

How it costs extra to get a trim/wash/style in a salon (paying more stinks!)

How I need so much more washing product than I used to!

How sometimes I find a long hair in my underwear, bra, socks...etc.

When people ask me stupid things like "OMG how did you grow your hair so long!?" (no scissors, ta da!)

How I can be over protective of it. :o

(None of these are going to make me cut it though!)

curls2grow
June 1st, 2009, 05:57 AM
1. Detangling.
2. Curls rarely hold up along then entire length of my hair (curly areas near scalp vs. frizzy areas toward ends).

SHELIAANN1969
June 1st, 2009, 06:16 AM
I have issues at night, I shower in the evenings and always wet my hair and do a CO. I don't like to use a fork/stick/pony holder while its wet, because it doesn't feel right.

I have trouble with my hair at night, it slips out of the pony (when I am wearing one) and I have to keep moving it above my head so I am not pulling it.

That is pretty much my biggest issue, hair at night, I haven't found the perfect solution for me yet. Other than that, it's all good.

SHELIAANN1969
June 1st, 2009, 06:22 AM
I also have the creepy spider thing happening to me. That really bugs me. Suddenly I feel something and I get scared, then it appears to be a part of my hair that was falling over my shoulder.

I hate shampooing. Getting some shampoo on my scalp is difficult with all that hair in the way.

Windy days. Luckily I can fix that with bunning my hair.

I have had this happen so many times, you would think I am used to it by now. After gasping, smacking myself and jumping, my husband will ask me "did your hair scare you again"? :rolleyes:

One day I thought it was my hair, and it was my ferrit touching my arm, I guess I'll never get it right! :D

Tap Dancer
June 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Doing S&D's takes much more time and you're sure to find more damage than in shorter hair.

AJoifulNoise
June 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
Shedding. Everywhere. It drives me bananas. Especially when visiting like I am now. At home I can contain it, but when I am staying with other people my hair seems to find its way everywhere. Even places I haven't gone!

Chromis
June 1st, 2009, 08:31 AM
My hair doesn't bug me really. The drying time used to be a pain until I learnt to just put it up damp and take it down later. I can always find some style that looks good no matter what it is doing too which is much more than I can say for short hair on me!

babybabycat
June 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
I LOVE long hair, but I hate that it so long to grow it out!
Oh, long hair, there is so much to love about long hair!

kmoc123
June 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I don't like getting it caught in the car window, sun roof, or doors.
I don't like people telling me I am too old for hair this length and I should cut it.
That is it...I love having long hair...I wish I had more toys, but I do wear it down most of the time.

Eden Iris
June 1st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Clogged drains, broken vacuum belts, people falling asleep on it.

That's about it, really.

InTheCity
June 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Love/hate that my hair's long enough to get stuck under me when I'm trying to get up.

L4dybug
June 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
I LOVE long hair, but I hate that it so long to grow it out!
Oh, long hair, there is so much to love about long hair!

I agree ;)

avoidinreality
June 1st, 2009, 12:36 PM
I don't like that my "just past BSL" hair is extremely thin and now matter what I do, I have "natural layers".

About an inch into my hairline, all the way around (temple to nape), my hair will not grow longer than 5 inches, it just stops growing at that length. A pony circumference on me is almost about 1/2 inch and when I do have it in a ponytail, I have a thick halo around my head from all the little stray hairs that have short terminal lengths. I just can't seem to find any updos to fit how thin my hair is. Buns, braids....they all look pathetic.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother growing it out so long, but when I get the chance to wear it down I feel sooooo much more feminine. I guess that's why. :)

hipmama1970
June 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
It's HOT!!!! I feel like all summer long I don't enjoy my hair, because I've always got it up somehow... I really like it down, but I can only do that part of the year.

SimplyViki
June 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
I don't like long hair on days like today. At least, I don't like my long hair on days like today.

I ripped out a couple dozen hairs when trying to put up my hair (ouch! And darn, it sucks to lose those hairs!). I think my hairfork hates my hair - I'll have to try sanding it again.

My comb stimulated my scalp too much so now my scalp is super greasy.

My ends won't quit poking out of the cinnamon bun I resigned myself to wearing when no other updo would work.

I got frustrated with my hair and combed too vigorously, and I heard quite a few strands snapping...

My hair is abysmally tangle-prone today, for some reason.

My scalp is just not comfy after my comb ate those hairs earlier... and my cinnamon bun feels too tight, even though I've tried loosening it.

I hate my hair today! I know all it needs is a good wash, but it's days like today when thoughts of buzzing it all off start entering my head.

abritta3
June 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Very cool feedback! My hair is not that long yet but I would agree about the expense part! I am definitely always purchasing new hair toys, new 'cone-free COs to try, etc haha

morguebabe
June 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
How heavy it is! At least mine. I've got VERY bad spine and neck issues AND migraines. There are days I want to hack it all off b/c the weight is just unbearable.

I hate not being able to use certain hair toys.

I hate how long it takes me to dye it (and how much all my dye costs!)

I hate getting it stuck in doors, seats, and my gasp...well.

It's HOT!!!! I feel like all summer long I don't enjoy my hair, because I've always got it up somehow... I really like it down, but I can only do that part of the year.
I forgot about this... oh gosh yes... But In the winter its SOOOO warm, I'll honestly put it in a braid and wrap it around my neck like a scarf

enfys
June 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
I hate how quickly it gets greasy when it's such a pain to wash.
I don't like how the bits you want to grow fastest grow the slowest (come ON fringe...)
I don't like how how it is at the moment, but we've had our 3 days of summer for 2009 so I should be ok.
I don't like at night how I can't ever find a failsafe way to have it out of the way and comfy.

ravenreed
June 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Oh, something that really drives me nuts is the hairs plastered all over my body when I am soaking wet! Trying to get them off my back is a pain, but I will get them everywhere. I do like sticking them to the shower wall to make abstract hair art, but my sons complain. Hee hee!

I think the most painful thing is when my hair gets sucked up in the seat belt retractor. Other than that I don't often get it stuck in stuff.

Jules diamond
June 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Getting it into my mouth. I walk home while I eat and I'm always going 'yum, pasta and hair. My favorite.' and the bump I have in the back bugs me, but it's always there. Other then that I love everything.

Tangles
June 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, says the contrarian in me ;)

I don't like that it looks ratty or unkempt so much easier than shorter hair. I don't like that I have to plan down days. I don't like that I always have to worry about damage and can't do fun things with heat. I don't like the my hair manages to squirm out of almost every updo I try to contain it in (like spidermom's has been reported to do).

theshadowpuppet
June 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I don't like when it gets caught under my boyfriend when it's loose, hurts and I'm pinned down!

Ah, I forgot about that. :mad:

And when it comes undone while we're busy and rubs against the bed, causing velcro ends and/or frizz.

Tressie
June 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM
The fact that it's hot, and the detangling! Longer drying time, and the times when all updos pinch or pull at least some of the strands!

Deborah
June 1st, 2009, 08:08 PM
Not a thing. I love long hair. :)

ktani
June 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
I love my hair longer but I am still getting used to the extra length. I keep getting food in my hair, lol. I love wearing it loose and usually do. Other than that, nothing.

UncommonTart
June 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
The way five or six shed hairs in the shower drain bunch up and look like a huge amount of hair. Making my panic even worse is the fact that I've recently come off of a prescription that really made my hair thin out.

The rather unpleasant way it sticks to my arms, neck, and back between shampoo bar and vinegar rinse. Ugh... that feeling gives me the shudder:.

The way it wraps around the roller brush in the vacuum cleaner.

None of these are reasons enough for me to cut, though. Far from it. :D

Citrine
June 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM
The shed shudder: My hair sheds no more now that it's longer than it did when short, but those loooong blond hairs really stand out on clothing and form a hard-to-vacuum-up layer on the floor.

fishwich
June 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM
It's hot and gets itchy in the summertime, and it's a little obnoxious to sleep and/or scromp with.

...also the cats eat it. Or half of it. And I get to pull it out. That's a treat for all concerned.

longhairedfairy
June 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
What's not to like (other than the very few people ill-mannered enough to say I should cut it, of course)? It's low-maintenance and in good condition. :)

DMARTINEZ
June 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Shedding Looong long hairs EVERYWHERE.
Baby hairs that stick out everywhere
Hairballs EVERYWHERE
Not being able to wear it down, hence my constant temptation to cut. It would be
easier me thinks.....sigh

Deb

Katrina
June 2nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
The detangling after washing is not something I particularly enjoy :p. Otherwise there is nothing that I don't like.

Oh wait, I forgot that it will take many years to grow this dark brown dye out, because I am not going to cut my hair shorter. I decided to give up henndigoing (is this a correct word or did I just invent a new word? :D) and embrace my natural color (and some grays).

hennaphile
June 2nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Car doors. Seat belts. Back packs. And cuddling with it loose.

daeana
June 2nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
sometimes i hate the attention it receives. i understand why it happens, but it can still be annoying.

Chanterelle
June 2nd, 2009, 05:10 AM
It gets stuck to the lip gloss.

thunderlilies
June 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
I dislike the amount of time it takes me to brush out tangles! "Fernoying" (Frustrating+Annoying)!
And if I happen to wear it down, I don't like the way I can't do anything without it getting in my way (sweeping, washing dishes, playing with the kids, etc)!

LilyMunster
June 2nd, 2009, 07:52 AM
Only two things.
1. having wet hair in cold weather, I have to time it for drying before I have to go outside.
2. shedding and having people know it's my hair because it is silver and a yard long. No getting around that one. ;)

LadyLongLocks
June 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
When worn down I have to always grab it before I sit down (its 55" and knee length)
and then it touches other things in public, like chairs etc.

I do not like combing it after washing it...dealing with knots and just the time it takes being careful.

I don't like wearing it down in public anymore. It makes me feel uncomfortable being stared at and people try to take camera phone pictures of it. I need to be very aware of my surroundings...I hate that!

The shedding and the hair caught in the vacuum.

*Rose Red*
June 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
I donīt like all these hair lying on the floor and between my clothes when Iīm doing the laundry.

Fencai
June 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
I dont like wet t-shirt backs!
and I dont like wet pillows!

RedStripe
June 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
It gets stuck to the lip gloss.

Yes! I don't wear my hair loose very much anymore, so I kind of forgot about this, but it used to happen to me all the time.

That, and finding wads of hair all over the house.

Sheltie_Momma
June 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Sometimes when it is down my 22 month old likes to plunge her hands into my hair and swish it around. I guess it just feels interesting on her hands, but if her hands are wet or sticky it isn't very pleasant.

Pixna
June 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
For now, I don't like the fact that it isn't as long as I want it to be! I also don't like shedding, and I know that will only worsen as my hair gets longer (and the shed hairs are longer).

When my hair was waist length previously, I didn't like it getting caught in car doors, car windows, seat belts, or headrests. It also got caught on the back of my office chair. Ack!

One of the biggest drawbacks was that my kitty (now deceased) was a shoulder cat, and she loved, loved, loved to sit on my shoulders, but the only way she could do it comfortably (mainly for me) was if my hair was in an updo. Otherwise, she'd sit on it or accidentally pull it with her paws or claws. Still, it was so sweet, I often put up with it anyway. There's nothing in the world quite as wonderful as a cat draped around your shoulders!!! :heart:

ZeppHead
June 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
waking up to knots and dryness. getting super hot when its down in the summer and having to be so cautious before going into the pool

vanillaswirl
June 2nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
it gets really hot in the summer and when my hair is down, it just makes it worse, so I wear it up mostly in the summer.
I read somewhere that someone said hair has no function except pure aesthetic purposes only. The person who said that obviously has not had long enough hair in hot enough weather to experience the reality of it. Hair really can keep you warmer in the winter, so it is more than just just aesthetic.

lora410
June 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Wearing it down in summer. It makes me feel like I have a blanket on me.

lambhair
June 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Shedding 3 foot long strands of hair...and finding hair balls (you know what I mean!)in the dryer-usually clinging to my socks. eww.
On the plus side, it is a great conversation starter "hey, you have long hair!"...wait, that's another thread...

Jae6
June 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
I don't like all the billions of different ways to style long hair. Just letting it down is style enough for me, but people get bored with that, including myself.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's somewhat bothered by the price tag of long hair. Compared to everything else I spend on beauty-wise, this is the most expensive (which is why I've complained in the past that having long hair, for me, is expensive) AND when I travel I have more than 2 bottles to pack. =P

This one bothers me the most--it impedes my driving. It's long enough that it holds my head back when I'm trying to check my blindspots. I can't put it in a bun except on top of my head because it affects how my head is supported by the headrest. I'd put the bun on top of my head, but that'll mess up my hairstyle and is more effort. Braiding is ideal, but it's not the quickest method, since I'd have to undo my bun and braid before I drive. i should just buy a danged hair net/snood already, huh....

Honestly, I'm probably one, if not the only person, on these boards who has long hair purely out of convenience. BUT I'll be d*mned if I have ugly long hair, so here I am--to at least have NICE long hair, if I'm going to have long hair. =)

myotislucifugus
June 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I'm probably one, if not the only person, on these boards who has long hair purely out of convenience. BUT I'll be d*mned if I have ugly long hair, so here I am--to at least have NICE long hair, if I'm going to have long hair. =)[/quote]

No no. I'm here for convenience sake too... although I don't spend that much on my hair stuff. I use cv shampoo bars, and hair grade olive oil. I'm super cheap

zen_oven
June 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
My husband rolling over on it in bed and me not noticing until I shift. YOW!

Quixii
June 2nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Taking forever to dry (especially after swimming in PE), using so much shampoo/conditioner, not being able to pull off certain styles, it not maintaining its curls as much, it getting in the way, constant pressure from others to donate it, people thinking that just because its long it's a play toy for them... That's mostly it, I think.

RavenRapunzel3
June 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I would have to say some of my biggest pet peeves about having long hair are:
1. When wearing it loose and you go to hug someone and as they pull away you make the discovery that your hair has become caught in their armpit. Then you must go through the embarassment of asking them to raise their arm so you can pull it out.
2. On a windy day you go to get in the car, pull the door shut, and realize half way to your destination that you shut a good portion of your hair in the door to catch dust, dirt, and bugs along the way.
3. Again with the wind. I attend school on a college campus where most things are in walking distance. Walking. Wind. Long hair. Other people passing you. Bad combination. I either have to restrain my hair by holding it down or apologize to innocent bystanders who happen to have the misfortune of being attacked by my hair...sorry
4. Lastly, it would have to be when people comment about your hair in a way that you can't tell whether or not it is a compliment or accusation. eg. "Wow, you have long hair!" How am I supposed to respond to this? Thx. I know. And your point. Really? Duh.

All i have to say is that I am finally happy I found somewhere online where people can relate and understand. :)~

klcqtee
June 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
When my hair was long, I loathed trying to brush it. It took so long to get through it carefully! Then, I could only really brush it right before I showered, otherwise my curls would poof out and be all frizzy.

It's worth it though! I miss my hair so much.

Bean13
June 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
I don't like it when my boyfriend lies on it and ends up pulling it. Every night I say "ouch" then I move my hair and he says "Oh sorry". Every night! But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Flynn
June 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
The gorram TANGLES!

JamieLeigh
June 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Kids pulling it, sitting on it, or walking on it (when I'm sitting down there are 3" that trail the floor).

Bunnies trying to nibble it, friends' pet cats that try to play in it or climb up it.

Sitting on it and not realizing it, and then yanking my neck backwards when I try to lean forward.

Getting it buckled in my seat belt accidentally.

Having it fall out of the updo I put it in when I'm exercising. (Really throws me off the beat too)

Getting shed hairs caught in the vacuum.