PDA

View Full Version : One of those days- Rant about hair-loss & health issues

Eryka
May 31st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Blarg.

This damned fungal infection is taking its sweet time in clearing up. So far the shed rate is greater than the growth rate, which just totally sucks monkey butt. Not only that, but whatever growth I do have is like jack-crap. I average MAYBE 1/4in a month, whereas it used to be 1in+. Needless to say, my hair is now thinning all the way up. For the first time ever I saw the back of my Tshirt all the way up to my shoulder. I would scream and tear my hair out but, it seems my body is doing that efficiently enough for me.

Some days, the scissors call to me. My pride says its better to be thicker and short, than long and thin. Generally I tell that voice to go stick a sock in it.

*cries*

girlcat36
May 31st, 2009, 04:23 PM
I hear you, sister! Sorry you're going through this!

Are you rinsing with ACV? This was something that I usually do but was NOT doing during my last two big sheds. I am adding 3 drops of grapefruit seed extract to my rinse water, too.

I am putting nothing on my scalp such as oils, I think the candida might thrive with the extra moisture. Just a shot in the dark, though. :rolleyes:

Eryka
May 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
No I'm not using ACV right now, I don't want to add too much more to my scalp.

You're very right about not using any oils on your scalp right now. I did that for 6 months with coconut oil and I think that's one of the reasons why mine was so bad. I was keeping a fungal infection moist. :rolleyes:

Any day now, my hair as permission to grow wildly out of control. Any day now . . .

Blue Willow
May 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but (hang in there) not too much longer and your hair will bounce back to healthy..

Coriander
May 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
I just wanted to give you lots of these...

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

and tons of hair-growing mojo juju :D

Speckla
May 31st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry you're going through this and hopefully it will clear up soon. I've always had the most growth after an illness or big shed.

embee
May 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Fungal infections are slooooooooooooow. Sorry to hear you've got one.

Best wishes for an improvement as the summer comes on.