PDA

View Full Version : Two Months: Progress? Realistic goal? Please tell me what you think

starshinedarkly
May 31st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Hi all, so tomorrow will be my 2 month anniversary here but I wanted to post this today, seeing as I have exams all of next week.

Its been two months since I cut my hair to shoulder length. So I took another picture to see if there was any progress from when I started and I THINK there is but I need a second opinion. I wish I could measure my hair but its curlyness is different all the time so it would be difficult, even when its wet.

1st April:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/starrxlite/random041.jpg

Today:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/starrxlite/random005.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/starrxlite/random004.jpg

So it's obviously not a huge amount of progress (though it would probably be more noticible if I had straight hair) but what do you think would be a good goal for the end of this year, lengthwise? Do you think this is okay for two months?

Thanks in advance :)

utdesertrunner
May 31st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I can tell it's grown! Your curls are just lovely too!

spidermom
May 31st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Your hair looks really terrific and a little longer. I avoid setting goals for a particular time span because my hair is always surprising me with stalls and growth spurts. I never know what I'm going to get (growth-wise).

Carolyn
May 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
The average growth for 2 months is 1". That's not going to show up all that much with curly hair. But I do think your hair looks a bit longer. I used to set goals like 3" in 6 months or reaching a certain "landmark" in a certain amount of time. I was always disappointed in my growth results. I was setting myself up for disappointment. Now I work on improving condition and gaining length while still doing trims. I don't set specific goals within specific time limits.

SheWolf
May 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
I can't tell by how much but it's definitely longer. And shiny. And really pretty! :D

Periwinkle
May 31st, 2009, 02:04 PM
It does look like your hair has grown, even in 2 months and on curly hair! And you have incredible curls/shine too.

Personally, I wouldn't bother setting a 'goal' - you have no control over how much your hair grows in a certain timespan, so you're setting yourself up for success or failure determined by chance. It's much more fun just to wait and see what happens =D

feralnature
May 31st, 2009, 02:35 PM
I can definately see more length. I would just forget about measuring or taking pictures for 6 months and then re-check it. In the meantime, take very good care of your hair with the good advice you learn here at LHC. Oh, and be sure to eat a good diet and exercise and take vitamins! In 6 months you may be quite amazed. The time will pass by whether or not you do these things so you may as well pamper yourself and your hair! And don't cut!!!

GlassEyes
May 31st, 2009, 03:24 PM
It looks awesome! I love 3a hair.

Like spidermom says, I avoid goal setting with my curly hair because I NEVER know if it'll reach anywhere in a year's time, and if it doesn't, I get frustrated. xD

starshinedarkly
June 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you :)
And it makes sense not to set specific goals, so I guess I'll just aim not to use heat and treat it nicely.

lapushka
June 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
2 months isn't that much time for hair to really grow, but I can still spot the difference. Your curls seem to form better than before and there's some length gain. Keep it up!!!

abritta3
June 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful! I also have curls so I know the frustration of growing it out and measuring, etc...very DIFFICULT
but having curls in the long run is a blessing.
Just enjoy the beauty of your curls now, truly wonderful curls!;)

LutraLutra
June 1st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh yes, your hair has certainly grown. It looks in great condtion too, very pretty. :)

starshinedarkly
June 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you! :)

Fencai
June 2nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
You have Lovely hair! I can tell that its grown!

Like the others have said, I wouldn't set time goals for yourself, I would just focus on getting it as healthy as possible!

Orchid_28
June 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
I definitely see growth. Thats really good knowing that its just been 2 months I cant wait to see mine in two months even though its still soon but its just so exciting to see growth!

AnneAdeline
June 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
First off, your curls are gorgeous! *envy from a straight-hair*

As for goals, I tend to set general ones. The one I have right now is "hip by the end of summer". I also only make goals that I know I can make.

Good luck and happy growing!

starshinedarkly
June 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Thank you.
It is exciting to see growth, even if it's just a little bit! :)

And your hair looks amazing in your avatar AnneAdeline! So shiny! :cool:

JamieLeigh
June 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I can see a difference! You've definitely grown a bit! Congrats on progress, I love your shiny curls! :D

L4dybug
June 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I can see a bit of difference. Beautiful curls, and great shine.

Speckla
June 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM
The difference is very noticeable! Pretty curls.

missmandy
June 4th, 2009, 07:45 PM
It's definitely longer! Way to go! :cheese: Keep it up! :cheese: