PDA

View Full Version : Irl - Thud! Gurk!

Merlin
April 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I went into a different cafe today for coffee, and boy did the woman behind the counter belong here!

Classic length french braid, thick as a rope and in amazing condition.. it was, well, THUD!

I would have pointed her at LHC, but realised that having a man (about twice your age) who you have never met before suggest a website you should visit about your hair might not have been a positive experience :-)

If any of you are female, in south-east gloucestershire, and want to go on a recruiting mission, I'll PM you the target details!

saracuda
April 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I'd love to come help! How cool it is to see some great hair out in everyday life!

Merlin
April 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
We really do have to come up with an acceptable strategy for telling people about LHC - if she'd shown an interest in bats I could have pitched a whole range of websites in a moment, but the fact that there are so many 'pervy' hair sites out there makes it problematical to do this for LHC

Pegasus Marsters
April 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Haha. And now a poll... IS GURK THE NEW THUD?! ;)

Also on an unrelated note... i'm assuming in your avi you're doing something bat related? Is it bad that it looks to me like you're adjusting the wireing on one of those big wooden telephone poles?

Merlin
April 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
This woman's hair deserved a 'gurk' and a 'thud'!

The black object is a Schwegler type bat box, and I'm about 3m up a tree seeing if there is anything in it: there wasn't :-( Please also note that in line with NE guidelines I am wearing a hard hat and gloves.

Nevermore
April 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
If you say LHC is a site about growing and caring for long hair and that we could always use more people with lovely hair, it wouldn't seem too creepy, imo.

Tabitha
April 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Bats are starring in Corrie at the moment!

Jeni
April 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
YAY bats! My mother is a wildlife rehabber (and retired zookeeper) and has now started rehabbing bats. We got a large (big?) brown bat (no idea the Latin name or anything) who was found behind a building being played with by cats. Poor thing, had holes in his wings and a gimp foot, but he is doing much better now and the skin is healing and his foot is getting better. I named him Barnabas (Dark Shadows anyone??), because I name all the animals we get (mostly owls). OK I'm done rambling about bats now.

Jeni

redbark
April 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
If you ask me , I say - Spare her!

Am still reeling from the LHC assimilation :D

capelli lunghi
April 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Also on an unrelated note... i'm assuming in your avi you're doing something bat related? Is it bad that it looks to me like you're adjusting the wireing on one of those big wooden telephone poles?I always thought it WAS a telephone pole.. :o

snowbear
April 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
To me, it looks like he's feeding Darth Vader.

Xandergrammy
April 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I always thought it WAS a telephone pole.. :o

Me too! :oops:

firebird
April 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Aww, until a few months ago I actually DID live in Gloucestershire (southwest, but travelled all over for work)!

Miss Murphy
April 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Me too! :oops:

The three! Glad it's cleared up now, though :)

MadPirateBippy
April 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM
There are some places that you can get cheap/free decorative business cards. I've thought of putting the LHC web site address and a brief description of it on some cards and handing them out like candy. I had one designed and was about to get them when the site went down last time.

It's always fun to share the hair love.

PseudoScot
April 9th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Haha. And now a poll... IS GURK THE NEW THUD?! ;)

Also on an unrelated note... i'm assuming in your avi you're doing something bat related? Is it bad that it looks to me like you're adjusting the wireing on one of those big wooden telephone poles?

I always wondered that too - and now we know. :)

I understand your hesitation, Merlin. Maybe we need to have LHC business cards designed LOL

Delenn
April 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
We "tag" people in the Mini Cooper car club I belong to, we have a pre-designed business card printed with the website details, if we see a Mini out and about we stick one under their windshield wiper. It's actually fun getting one even if you're already a member, we all wave to each other when driving so it's kind of like a "Hey, nice car!" when you get one.

Though I'm trying to figure out if that would translate well to LHC since people unfortunately do think of pervy sites when you mention it's for long hair. I don't know how I would react if someone came up to me and gave me one. Hmmm.....

Anje
April 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I've liked the idea of business cards for a while. I think the hesitation has always been that we really ought to have Stephanie's approval on such a thing.

Mods, has there ever been a yay or nay regarding LHC business cards?

lora410
April 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I was at a pizza place with fiancée and this lady with a large beehive bun held with two stick was our waitress. first of all that was the first time I saw someone wear sticks besides myself and she said her hair was to the bend of her knees and I was like you should check out long hair community.:D

Xanthippe
April 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
We "tag" people in the Mini Cooper car club I belong to, we have a pre-designed business card printed with the website details, if we see a Mini out and about we stick one under their windshield wiper.

Now I have this mental image of "tagging" people's updos with LHC cards. :lol: I don't think that would work!

Someone on the old board had this card that said "I love your hair - keep it long!" or something like that, but I don't think it was LHC specific.