PDA

View Full Version : A question about the old forum..

xsadiemamx
May 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Am I going crazy? I swear to god the old forums were longhairlovers.com. I remember they started re-doing the website and I got mad because they were trying to sell stuff, or trying to charge money I cant remember, it was something like that. I came here and founf some familiar names like teacherbear, and ...well thats the only person I can think of right now, and some familiar faces in some of the pics. So what happened here anyways? Anyone remember? Oh and BTW, I cant remember my old screen name for the life of me, It might have been bloodyrain but I dont think so. I think it was like redheadgirl or somthing like that! I was on there at like 17 yrs old, and im 24 now so its been quite a long time.

Celtica
May 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Longhairlovers are a different site/different people, IIRC.

Teacherbear
May 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Xsandiemamx, that explains why we couldn't find your "old" name! You must have been a member back when Longhairlovers was a network54 board! You are right, Jennifer B then took the site to it's own url (and the boards were peach colored). At that time, when LHL went paid, several people branched off and started LHC. From that site, Fox started the Longhairloom. Many people post at the latter 2 sites.

Anyway, LHC was a network54 board for years. Ownership changed hands and Stephanie took over. Then, she brought LHC to the vbulletin format. We've had several versions of how LHC has looked, but there are many of the same oldtimers around here!

If you click on Member List (along the top of your screen) and sort by Join Date, you'll see that 17 of the first 30 members have been active in since April 1st. That means that about 57% of the original LHC (here at vbulletin) are either very active (still) or post every few months. Pretty cool statistics if you ask me! :rockerdud !!!

xsadiemamx
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
wow! lol. I remember fox, and uhh lisajaney. i think mourgebabe was there and a few other names i recognized lol!! Ya, if you go to longhairlovers.com its like some lady trying to sell products or somthhing i was so confused lol!

Cinnamon Hair
May 30th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Welcome back! I'm not sure if I remember you or not. Do you have a hair pic from when you posted back then? I remember hair, not names :D

ETA: Here is a link to the old LHL forum. (http://www.network54.com/Forum/25339/) That's where you first posted, right?

ETA again: Were you redmermaid (http://www.network54.com/Forum/25339/message/1018316104/i+got+a+kent+brush%21++i+got+a+kent+brush%21)?

Pixna
May 30th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I remember Redmermaid (and the Network 54 boards, of course!). If that's you, welcome back!! :gabigrin:

Anje
May 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I'm a relative n00b around here, so I don't recognize you.

As I understand it, something changed with longhairlovers that caused a mass exodus of a lot of the original members. (Started charging, perhaps?) Some ended up at Long Hair Loom (lots of cross-over between them and here, still), and LHC was formed by Stephanie on Network54. Somewhere along the way it went to vB. Back roughly in January 2008, there was a massive crash on the vB board that caused a bunch of wanderers to go to the still-intact TBB site, and we've reconvened here at the "new boards" since about March 2008. The old vB stuff is the "archived forums" now, and searchable.

Mebo
May 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I've been here all along, made all the moves with the "survivors". Glad you're back! Did you ever remember what your name was back then?

Pixna
May 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi, Mebo!!! :waving: I remember you from "back then." I just noticed that not only did we join at the same time (Feb. 2003), we're the same age, too. Cool! :D

UPDATE: I just checked some old files, and believe it or not, it was back in 2002 that I joined the site. Yikes! That's quite a long time ago!

xsadiemamx
May 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hi no i wasnt redmermaid, i did a search and i was redhead16 but everyone knew me just as jessica! I even found some old pics of my hair i posted, i couldnt belive it, my hair is WAY more healthy now than it was. I was the crazy one wh used to put all kinds of wierd stuff out of the refrigorator in my hair lol!!

Cinnamon Hair
May 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Oh I remember Jessica! You were the one with the huge black cuff bracelets and you did all the weird kitchen food hair blender experiments :D

xsadiemamx
May 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
LOL! Yep! That was me!!! Hey I actually tried the avocado expiriment again (last time I did it the advocado was not anywhere near being ripe) and it actually worked the balls!!! Only problem this time was this particular one had alot of stringy stuff in it and it got stuck in my hair. Next time I am using a strainer!!! Hey no one tells you these details that are so important you know!!

Cinnamon Hair
May 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
A strainer is your friend! Just stay away from raw eggs in a hot shower. Bad combination.

QueenMadge
May 30th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I think I remember you from Net54. The kitchen recipes were very memorable~I took a break when things went paid and then came back to the v board and then here....I was new on Net54, I don't remember exactly when I joined there.