PDA

View Full Version : Washed only the length today

Curlsgirl
May 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
This worked pretty well! I cannot wet my hair to revive the curl because it just frizzes. This last time I washed was only 2 days ago but the products I put in it did NOT do well so it looked horrible by today. So I did a very high pony and stuck the whole end under the faucet in the bathroom. Then I washed and conditioned it like normal and then added some curl cream and let it all down and let it dry while I did an exercise tape. I know a lot of people scalp wash but I have more problems sometimes if I want to wear it down after updos with the length not looking so good. It is almost dry now and it took a much shorter time and looks great! I am so glad to have found this!

Furiana
May 29th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Oh! That sounds like what Shell does (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3726&postcount=2)! I've tried it her way and liked it a lot; now I'll have to try this while my hair is in a ponytail! (I wear it in a pineapple at night, anyways. I wouldn't even have to take my hair down to wash it! The ultimate in lazy luxury. :cloud9:)

spidermom
May 29th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I usually wash all my hair; scalp washes left my length pretty awful, too. Actually, I usually concentrate my washing efforts at the scalp, but then I let the suds run through the whole length, so I don't know if you'd call it scalp-washing or not (I don't).

Curlsgirl
May 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I knew I had seen it somewhere quite a while ago, probably was Shell. What was also great is that I could spread the product really easily that way and also while the conditioner was on it, comb it very easily with the wide tooth comb. I LOVE it!

Curlsgirl
May 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I usually wash all my hair; scalp washes left my length pretty awful, too. Actually, I usually concentrate my washing efforts at the scalp, but then I let the suds run through the whole length, so I don't know if you'd call it scalp-washing or not (I don't).

Hey isn't your hair very close to classic length? :love:

Furiana
May 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I knew I had seen it somewhere quite a while ago, probably was Shell. What was also great is that I could spread the product really easily that way and also while the conditioner was on it, comb it very easily with the wide tooth comb. I LOVE it!

I love that too! :heart: And I *especially* love that I don't have to wait for my scalp to dry!

Curlsgirl
May 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I love that too! :heart: And I *especially* love that I don't have to wait for my scalp to dry!

Right! The hair near my scalp is pretty straight anyway since I am a 3a so that is not a problem and it doesn't really get dirty that easily either since I tend to have dryish hair anyway.

spidermom
May 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Except for rare days spent in the dirt (gardening), dirty hair for me starts with the scalp. And yes, I am getting close to classic. I'd already be there but for this huge expanse of hiney that I'm packing around.