PDA

View Full Version : Baby hair.....?

whiteisle
May 29th, 2009, 06:43 AM
We're home from the hospital as of yesterday with the latest addition to our little family. A little boy, 7lb 5oz, blue eyes and beautifl soft dark hair. :)

I'm steering clear of all conventional products for him and was wondering if WO for his hair would be sufficient enough to ward off any cradle cap.

I've got a couple of poo bars but was concerned that they still might be too strong for him.

What do you think?

LovingLife
May 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I think if you see any cradle cap appearing you should ward it off with a little almond or olive oil.

Also, whatever shampoo you use, try and dilute it properly.

I hope I helped! xxx

LovingLife
May 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM
And I think hair needs to be stronger to handle conventional products.

Do you use a baby brush? Because I use one on my hair now!

Newniepg
May 29th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Congratulations on your little one. My 12 week old hasn't had anything put on her hair apart from water yet but then I haven't seen any signs of cradle cap so I don't know about that.

Enjoy your time with your newborn!

spidermom
May 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Congratulations! I only used a wet washcloth to wash my babies' heads when they were new, and a couple of drops of regular shampoo with lots of water later. No cradle cap ever.

Fencai
May 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
awwww! Congrats!!!
Im not sure about the washing part, but a little Olive oil would help with any signs of cradle cap!

OhioLisa
May 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
True castile soap is made with olive oil only, so it would probably be a good choice. :)

Madame J
May 29th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I have heard that WO should be sufficient for most newborns. Maybe add olive oil if you suspect a problem? Terressentials doesn't even recommend you use any personal care products on a baby, unless he's actually dirty, for four months, and then just a mild soap on a soft cloth, with lots of warm water to rinse.

The no 'poo forums I frequented a few years back had lots of anecdotal evidence of mom's using WO on their infants and toddlers with great success because their little systems hadn't started overproducing sebum in response to harsh, stripping shampoos. Congrats and good luck!

whiteisle
May 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you everyone! :)