PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with this style

Firefly
May 28th, 2009, 01:42 PM
It seems my hair is too long to put in a regular twist these days. I'd like to try and do something like the following-- it looks like they started twisting from the top of the head, looped down and back up, but I am so hairstyle-challenged I can't seem to figure it out! Anybody have an idea how to do this?

(Sorry, this was the best screen grab I could get of the back of it)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/pmcapture2.jpg

Here's a side view:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/scifi-chic/Tresses/pmcapture1.jpg

TIA for any tips!!

Natalia
May 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I wish i could help you with the style but boy does she look familair..... cant place it yet

chelssix
May 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Is it Sandra Bullock in Practical Magic?
It almost looks like there are two loops, to me.

Firefly
May 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Yes, that's a Practical Magic screencap! Talk about a great hair movie. :D

Two loops? Do you mean like a figure 8?

spidermom
May 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM
It looks to me most like somebody started a log roll pulling downward, then slipped a barrette over it, leaving the ends free.

xsadiemamx
May 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Ya exactly, it looks like you basically just take your hair into a pony and start twisting it like your gonn go into a bun but just put it into a U sahpe and take the barret and clip it in and leave the ends dangling and sort of pull them over the barrett like a waterfall.

Firefly
May 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Ah, I see what you're saying. I'll play around a little more with it tonight and see what I can come up with. :) Thankyou Spidermom and xxSadiemamxx!

Natalia
May 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yes, that's a Practical Magic screencap! Talk about a great hair movie. :D

Two loops? Do you mean like a figure 8?

Lol im such a ditz! I thought the first pic from behing was her but i wasnt sure with the side shot that actually has her face :rolleyes:. I havent seen her in that but i LOVE her!!! I can wait for her new movie :D

Firefly
May 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
OMG, if you love Sandra Bullock AND long hair, girlfriend this is the movie for youl!! :happydance:

Natalia
May 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
YAY i will have to rent :D thank you :heartbeat

DarleneH
March 4th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Where on earth can one get a barrette that large??? I've never seen one that could hold all my hair up like that.