PDA

View Full Version : First day cones free! (Pic heavy!)

wackyredtangles
May 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
So over the last year or so I've had issues with losing body in my hair due to first damage, then henna. Even though I love henna, it was enough to almost make me stop. I missed my wurlies! Lately I've been thinking back to highschool when I didn't do anything to my hair, just washed, brushed, and put half up in a barrette, and I'd have all these beautiful waves.

Reading the LHC forums made me think back to what I was doing. It was mostly benign neglect. I hardly ever 'styled' or used heat on it. The more I read on here the more I thought that cones might be the problem. I almost always used Suave as a teenager and kid, so its a pretty good bet that I was cone free.

So last night I did an ACV rinse, then shampooed and conditioned my hair with V05, some sort that didn't have cones. (One was champagne kiss, I forget the other.)

Here are some pics! I'll apologize in advance for the poor quality, my mirror is dirty and the lighting isn't great.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh273/jilrowe91286/May%209%202009/May92009001.jpg

Sorry this one is so out of focus, my camera is getting old. When my hair is wet is just touches my fingers!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh273/jilrowe91286/May%209%202009/May92009002.jpg

Heavenly Locks
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Uh. :thud:

AMAZING.

I've got some serious wave envy!

Garnet66
May 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Your waves are just beautiful! I'm glad that you're getting such great results.

plainjanegirl
May 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I envy the waves too. Odd thing is when I had really really long hair when growing up most of the time my mom always bought the cheap stuff like vo5 or suave ( so cone free). But then she also used a detangler (which I imagine had cones). Every now and then when I had dandruff had to use head and shoulders. And I always got compliments on my hair. Then when I got older I started buying my own stuff like pantene or sunsilk or etc. ( mostly cone stuff). So maybe I need to go back to the basics but then my hair wasn't damaged then either.

Anyways your waves are sooo pretty. Is that henna or your natural color?

WelshLocks
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Wow I'm having some serious hair envy right now. Your hair is beautiful! I think I may have your hair if I'd stop using cones......*gallops off to the store to buy suave*
Which products smell the best/do you prefer?

:thud:
:)

melrose1985
May 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Your hair looks great! That grad picture you posted, I LOVE that hair color!!! is that natural? or henna?

plainjanegirl
May 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Wow I'm having some serious hair envy right now. Your hair is beautiful! I think I may have your hair if I'd stop using cones......*gallops off to the store to buy suave*
Which products smell the best/do you prefer?

:thud:

:)

I think the new wild cherry blossom smells nice.

lora410
May 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
This is why I went cone free. I went from string to "hello volume" :)

DarkChocolate
May 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Your hair is so pretty and I love your waves:)

amaiaisabella
May 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Oddly enough, I don't see much difference. Both look beautiful! :)

wackyredtangles
May 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I'm a natural redhead with henna over it. My natural hair color is a little lighter, but close. Except in bright sunlight when it turns to that almost blood red color, but in regular light its almost the same. My roots are growing in, and you can barely tell. I use henna more for the shine than for color.

I washed with V05 last night, champagne kiss, and I liked the smell of that. I like flowery smells more than fruity scents myself. I do have nature's gate herbal, and I love the way it smells, but I don't like the way it leaves my hair. I also used a bit of coconut oil on the ends. I had it in two french braids while I slept, and spritzed it up with some spray mist, I think kimberlily's recipe. Its just water, aloe vera gel, a bit of coconut oil (I know, I'm coconut oil crazy!), and some jasmine/vannila essential oil. I don't think the EO does anything, it just smells nice. My hair feels so nice and soft right now. I was afraid it wouldn't without the cones.

Thanks so much for the nice words everyone!

wackyredtangles
May 28th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Oddly enough, I don't see much difference. Both look beautiful! :)

There isn't too much of a difference wave wise, but I think there is in volume. My grad picture was taken very early in the day. By the end of the day all my waves had completely fallen out, and it was very flat. I'm several hours into the day, and my waves and volume are still going strong. =)

LutraLutra
May 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Wow, that looks great - keep those wurlies free from cones.

morguebabe
May 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Thats only ONE day?

Xandergrammy
May 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Beautiful!!!

wackyredtangles
May 28th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Thats only ONE day?

Yup. I did do an ACV rinse though, and I regularly use a sulfate shampoo, so I probably didn't have too much buildup. I also do everything else LHC advocates, no heat, protective updos, coconut oil. =)

Maelyssa
May 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Absolutely AMAZING difference! Wow!
Obviously conefree really is what works for you. Your curls are beautiful & such a striking, vibrant color as well.
Keep it up...it looks gorgeous!

Ryanne
May 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I don't see that much difference either, but beautiful waves!

caribou55313
May 29th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Whatever you're doing, it's working! beautiful waves!

OhioLisa
May 29th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Lovely hair! I too found my waves after ditching cones. Yours are very pretty! :)

wackyredtangles
May 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone!

heynormy
June 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM
What a huge difference!!
You have such pretty hair!

kwaniesiam
June 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Beautiful! I too noticed a drastic different when I ditched the cones. Your waves are lovely, serious wurl envy here :D