PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Calista
May 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I just took the Ficcare out of my bun, and my hair came tumbling down. That is the best moment of the day!, when I can run my fingers through my hair, and my scalp just goes "aaaaaahhh" in a contented sigh.

Who else goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" when taking down the hair at night?

Heavenly Locks
May 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
If I had hair like yours, you bet your bottom my scalp would be happy for the end of the day rub! :)

I get sore 'hair' when I do tighter styles so I have been trying to learn some stable ones that aren't so darn tight. I love to lightly scratch my head when it's been up all day!

aaaaaaahhhhh! :)

Torrin Paige
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Count me in, sisters. Nothing feels better than taking my hair down...except maybe a foot rub. They're pretty evenly matched on the aaaah scale.

spidermom
May 28th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Every time I take it down, which is often 5 or more times per day.

AJoifulNoise
May 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
My entire body relaxes when the hair comes down in the evening. So much so that I pretty much have to go to bed. :lol: Maybe not right away like that, but I get pretty darn cozy.

The funny thing is that it works the opposite way, too. If I wear my hair down all day (or half up), I can't relax in the evening until I braid it and get it out of the way.

melrose1985
May 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Even with short, the days I have my bangs back and hair in a pony tail bythe end of the day I can wait to let it out and ruffle my hair.

Finoriel
May 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sounds familiar :)
Not that it would be uncomfortable to wear my hair in a bun, but taking it down at the end of a long day is like taking off my shoes and walking through the grass barefoot. :cloud9:

natt i nord
May 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, yes, I know this feeling. :)

And I love it to put my nose into my hair and see how it smells. I just adore my conditioner's smell :)

:cloud9:

jera
May 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Though I don't go aaahh, I love the thump as the bulk of my hair hits my back. :D It is a good moment.

eresh
May 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Yes Yes YES :D

Fencai
May 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Im in too! That's a great feeling

Count me in, sisters. Nothing feels better than taking my hair down...except maybe a foot rub. They're pretty evenly matched on the aaaah scale.

I was thinking more along the lines of taking off the brazier being its equal! :eyebrows:

Carolyn
May 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I like to give myself a nice scalp massage and it all goes aaaaaaaah! I love feeling it slide over my back and arms as it comes down from the bun.

Aisha25
May 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah I know what you talking about;) Feels wonderful!!!

violetflower
May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I just took the Ficcare out of my bun, and my hair came tumbling down. That is the best moment of the day!, when I can run my fingers through my hair, and my scalp just goes "aaaaaahhh" in a contented sigh.

Who else goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" when taking down the hair at night?

Me, me, me!!!! :lol: Those poor scalp hairs of mine, I always have to have a little scalp massage! :lol: I have to keep my hair up during the day because little hands/fingers tend to get caught in my hair and it hurts!!

janeytilllie
May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Me too! :D I love the feeling! I wear buns for college and nothing beats coming home and letting my hair down and a nice scalp massage! Aaaaaahhhhh! :cloud9:

Xandergrammy
May 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I do!!! Taking my hair down when I get home from work is my body's cue to relax and get comfy. I love it!!!

brok3nwings
May 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM
thats one of the reasons half of the time my hair is loose :P problem is the tangles.... eheh

plainjanegirl
May 28th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, yes, I know this feeling. :)

And I love it to put my nose into my hair and see how it smells. I just adore my conditioner's smell :)

:cloud9:

I am curious what is the conditioner that you adore?

natt i nord
May 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
plainjanegirl: Schauma Bio Mandel, I think it's only available in Germany :)

LittleOrca
May 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I love taking my hair down from a bun! Its one of those happy moments in life that are free. :D

curls2grow
May 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I wish my hair would tumble down when I remove a clip or stick. It stays put in a bun for hours after I remove the hairtoy, unless I deliberately uncoil it. :(

plainjanegirl
May 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I wish my hair would tumble down when I remove a clip or stick. It stays put in a bun for hours after I remove the hairtoy, unless I deliberately uncoil it. :(

That's cool! I guess that is another bonus of curly hair?

Anje
May 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Yep... for me, it isn't even just that my scalp is sighing with relief. Taking down my hair at the end of the day is practically symbolic -- it means it's time to relax.

AJoifulNoise
May 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Well, yeah, mine pretty much doesn't move until I make it move, either. But, the sensation of down is the same. At least for me.

TheKnight'sLady
May 28th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yes! I totally agree. My favorite part of coming home from work is taking down my hair, it is so relaxing :)

enfys
May 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't touch my hair during the day if I can help it, so ruffling my fingers over my scalp through my hair at the end of the day, so it falls down not back is such a gooooooooooooooood feeling. I love it.

Curlsgirl
May 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Add me to the list of "Letting down the hair lovers" :love:

GlassEyes
May 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Am I the only one who read this less like 'aaaaahhhhh' and more like 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'?

Melisande
May 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Yes, I go aaaaah when I open my hair and when I take off the bra at night. These are my two aaaaaaaaaaaaaah moments.

And I always say aaaaaah when I feel my hair tumbling down. I love this feeling.

Arniky
June 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
its nice feeling to let down the hair, but ofcurse sometimes keeping it bunned is comfy. Lying down bun has to be let down, nice to let it free, seeing the length sometimes others run their fingers thru it

Quixii
June 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
Actually, I'm uncomfortable with my hair down for too long, and get more of an "aahhh" feeling when putting it in a ponytail. ^^;; But I'm just weird like that.

rose_in_bloom
June 4th, 2009, 12:06 AM
YES! I love that feeling. I loved it more when my hair was hip length. But I'm getting there! :)

teela1978
June 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Am I the only one who read this less like 'aaaaahhhhh' and more like 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'?
No you're not. Every time I see it I go 'oh no! what happened' and then realize it's the relaxing let your hair down thread.

Quixii
June 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
No you're not. Every time I see it I go 'oh no! what happened' and then realize it's the relaxing let your hair down thread.
Me too. I think it must be the exclamation points combined with the repeated letters. If either one were alone I'd feel less likely to be like, "Oh no, a hair pulling thread!"

GlassEyes
June 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I get a full on sound effect when I read it too. A very high pitched woman's shriek, like some kind of twisted soprano. It's not pleasant.

shrimp
June 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Ahhhh yes.....

Getting in from work, knowing I don't have to leve the house again until the morning - take bun out, give the scalp a rub, tip head upsdie down to give scalp another rub....

then give it spritz, wad it up on top of the head and back in a plopping towel it goes :lol:

I think I treasure those loose hair moments only becasue they are so brief :gabigrin:

teela1978
June 4th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Me too. I think it must be the exclamation points combined with the repeated letters. If either one were alone I'd feel less likely to be like, "Oh no, a hair pulling thread!"

I get a full on sound effect when I read it too. A very high pitched woman's shriek, like some kind of twisted soprano. It's not pleasant.

I think it's the a to h ratio.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! looks relaxing.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! is worrisome.

GlassEyes
June 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Quite right.

Calista
June 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I think it's the a to h ratio.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! looks relaxing.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! is worrisome.
I really have to totally disagree with this. :patrol: If you let out a contented sigh you donīt go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". All those hīs give no sound. It would sound kind of asthmatic.

Come to think of it, it might be the exclamation marks. Maybe "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh......" would be better suited. :hmm:

Kiraela
June 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, definately. I love that part of the evening before bedtime when my hair is down and loose, draped over my arms and shoulders... I do tend to make the 'ahhh' of satisfaction when I take down my hair!

JamieLeigh
June 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I thought that was a scream, before I clicked on the topic, and thought "Wow, somebody must have had a bad hair day!" :pinktongue:

I also breathe a comfortable sigh of relief at the end of the day, when I take down my hair. Sometimes my scalp itches a bit, while the follicles are settling in the opposite direction from what they've been in all day. But it's a nice itch, lol. ;)

Cinnamon Hair
June 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'm just going to be a "me too" 'er but I'll go ahead and say it. Me too! :waving:

mwedzi
June 4th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Definitely. no matter how loose I do an updo, no matter how I fasten a clip or insert a stick or whatever, it always feels tight or uncomfortable after a while. I am very happy to let it down. Or out, rather.

teela1978
June 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I really have to totally disagree with this. :patrol: If you let out a contented sigh you donīt go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". All those hīs give no sound. It would sound kind of asthmatic.

Come to think of it, it might be the exclamation marks. Maybe "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh......" would be better suited. :hmm:

I thought it was a rather interesting cultural dichotomy :) Perhaps the German sigh has more a's than the american?

jahof45
June 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I love that time of the day, take out the clip, shake the hair loose, scratch and rub my scalp but I also love it when I find the perfect placement of my bun. It's not too high, not too low, not too tight, not too loose and it feels perfectly balanced.

I hate when I catch a small amount of hair the wrong way in a clip and it's starts to ache. No matter how many small adjustments I make, the tension on that small group of hairs doesn't let up.

But then I just take it down, aaaaahhhhh! and then I try it again.

Kyannah
June 5th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I get that feeling x100 after the summer here as during the summer months hair needs to be up all the time, I just wash it and up it goes, even for bed.

Its such a relief when it finally starts to cool down and my hair can come down to play.:cheese:

Calista
June 5th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I thought it was a rather interesting cultural dichotomy :) Perhaps the German sigh has more a's than the american?
:lol: I foresee a Harry&Sally-like scene at the next LHC meet. "Letīs compare sighs, guys, shall we?"

rach
June 5th, 2009, 04:24 AM
the smell of the hair products used recently or the week after a henna application, when you let your hair down the smell has a warm calming smell to it.
and the hair warms you neck and back then you lay your head back then "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!"- it's sooo relaxing after a long hard day.