PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find my photo "journal"?

Isilme
March 9th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I can't find my photo journal. Is everything lost, along with the journals? Or do we start a blog and use it for both the photo journal and the text journal?

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 06:27 AM
The new system is Photo Albums. You can find your Albums either under the Quick Links pull-down menu, or inside your User CP you'll see a link for it on the left hand side.

DarthCynthia
March 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I can't see that option in either place, are you sure it's available to the regular members now? I'm in no huge hurry, I mainly wanted to know where a link to access it would be for when it did come up :) Thanks so much for answering that question (I'd asked you in the kneelength+ group before I found this thread).

Isilme
March 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I can't see that option in either place, are you sure it's available to the regular members now? I'm in no huge hurry, I mainly wanted to know where a link to access it would be for when it did come up :) Thanks so much for answering that question (I'd asked you in the kneelength+ group before I found this thread).

yes, I have the same problem, can't find it. No hurry for me neither:)

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Whoops, sorry I missed your question. I'm still figuring out the groups stuff.

Um, I figured everyone had the Photo albums stuff available now. You're saying you don't see those links anywhere?

Quick somebody get an Admin. Oh, umm.

I'll go look into it. ;)

DarthCynthia
March 9th, 2008, 06:52 AM
No problem, Dianyla! Same here with figuring this all out. I'm starting to get the feel of things for the new options, if I can just remember to check everything for messages like the groups! I posted there and then here fairly quickly, so it's not a problem. You replied quickly :)

Yeah, I thought I'd seen somewhere that mods and admins had access right now but not regular users. I wasn't sure when we'd start seeing that option. Like I said, it's not a problem. I'm in no hurry. I'm looking forward to seeing how the photo albums will be laid out.

Thanks so much!

And thanks for your reply, too, Isilme! I was glad to know it wasn't just me :)

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I've found where I can start my own album and I can make it public or private to just those on my friends list. I don't see how to access other people's albums. Has anyone started one yet?

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I thought I'd seen somewhere that mods and admins had access right now but not regular users. I wasn't sure when we'd start seeing that option. Like I said, it's not a problem. I'm in no hurry. I'm looking forward to seeing how the photo albums will be laid out.

Can you see them now?

Quick Links -> Pictures & Albums

-or-

User CP -> Pictures & Albums (left hand, under the "Networking" category)

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I've found where I can start my own album and I can make it public or private to just those on my friends list. I don't see how to access other people's albums. Has anyone started one yet?
I updated the permissions so that general members (+25 posts) can see others' photo albums now.

I just got mine set up, link is in my sig.

DarthCynthia
March 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Dianyla: Yes, I can access the photo album section from my Quick Links and User CP, now. I haven't set one up yet. I was able to see the photos in your signature photo link as well. Very cool! Thanks again for all your help and replies.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Dianyla: Yes, I can access the photo album section from my Quick Links and User CP, now. I haven't set one up yet. I was able to see the photos in your signature photo link as well. Very cool! Thanks again for all your help and replies.
Awesome, glad it's working for you now! :)

eresh
March 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I see how I can make an album now.
Only one question.
Public, does that mean everyone can see?
Or only people with 100+ posts etc.
I don't want my photos to be public to everyone but I also don't want to restrict them to friends only.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I see how I can make an album now.
Only one question.
Public, does that mean everyone can see?
Or only people with 100+ posts etc.
I don't want my photos to be public to everyone but I also don't want to restrict them to friends only.

When you set a Photo Album to "Public", that means "Any community member with 25+ posts". It does not actually mean public on the whole internet.

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I updated the permissions so that general members (+25 posts) can see others' photo albums now.

I just got mine set up, link is in my sig.I found your albums by clicking on your siggy link. Do we need a link in our siggy or will there be a list of all the albums somewhere? If there is a list I haven't found it yet.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 09:37 AM
There is currently no global list of all albums. You can add a link to your siggy, or people can find your Photo Albums by clicking into your profile.

Amoretti
March 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Would it be possible to make the privacy setting to members with +100 posts?

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Would it be possible to make the privacy setting to members with +100 posts?

I'm sure it is, but at this time, if you want more security, all you have to do is set stricter privacy limits on the albums (make them private).

Amoretti
March 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks, DBF! I'll do that and hope that in time we'll have the +100 posts back.