PDA

View Full Version : Who says, "My hair looks gorgeous!" ever morning?

GoddesJourney
May 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Seriously, I wonder if the LHC appreciates their own beautiful hair on a regular basis. I cut a good portion of my velcro ends off recently (you all saw the pictures) and I've been using the conditioner, shampoo, rinse, conditioner method lately. I started washing my hair daily again because every other day was giving me scalp issues.

I pulled my hair down out of a braid this morning before getting in the shower, looked in the mirror, and through, "Wow!" Really, I thought this and then I had to touch my hair and brush it and stare at it for a moment. Now, I'm not usually one for vanity, but I have a soft spot for nice hair. I can't help it. The fact that it's on my own head is just an added bonus. It's amazing.:cheese:

The fact that I have at least six inches until my first goal is irrelevant. Most of my hair is so healthy and beautiful (thanks to all the long hair ideas, guys) that I'm simply stunned by it at times.

How many LHC members really stop and appreciate your own beautiful hair (say it straight, the product of years of patience and care) like we all should?:eyebrows:

Sound off...

... because I DO!

wackyredtangles
May 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm big on the tactile feel of my hair. It just feels so luxurious. I hardly ever wear my hair down, but today I did and was wearing a tank top. It was so every time the breeze would come by and would swish my hair on my shoulders, plus the added bonus of the breeze against my skin. It was awesome. =)

Aisha25
May 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Well I dont say gosh dang its goergous but I do kiss and snuggle my hair everyday. I very much appreciate and cherish my tresses that God has given me. That is why I am a slave to my hair,whatever it wants I give. No matter what!:rolleyes:

Pyvsi
May 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I play with my hair way too much. I love touching it and swinging it and putting it up in ponytails, letting it fall down, putting it up again. Possibly sad, but true. Very happy to have the hair I have now. YEA!

Ndnlady
May 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Me! I take it down out of my sleep braid and brush it every morning and look in the mirror and watch it swish across my back and bottom before I put it in an updo!

RancheroTheBee
May 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I say it every afternoon and night. The morning: No way. I always have these weird bushy sections that flare up during the night and I always look like a wounded fox that's been done over with Brillo pad.

chelssix
May 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I do! I love my hair, and I try to take care of it- it's one of my favorite features.

Debra83
May 27th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I'm really enjoying my hair more since joining LHC. I'm into the tactile feel of it, when I've lightly co'd it, and had it in a french braid...when I take it down I'm AMAZED at how soft and smooth it feels. Sometimes I make my ds feel how smooth because I just can't believe it.

LittleOrca
May 27th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I only say my hair is great in the morning if I washed it the night before, its combed, and it slept in my night cap so there are no tangles. Then when I pull of my cap in the morning its like a grand unveiling and I am beaming. :D

GoddesJourney
May 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
It really makes me feel good to know that other people are appreciating their hair the way I do with mine. It seems like a lot of people focus too much on how the length has not reached their goal yet. It's a shame, because this is a forum full of people who have very well cared-for hair. They should bath in self-praise for their glorious hair on a daily basis. We all know how much care and patience it requires. It's a true commitment.

Rock on, LHC!

Adrienne
May 28th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I do! well, Since I have a good Routine down that works for me. and I have a few decent styling techniques and Good Products. I have Quite a Few Good Hair Days!

manderly
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Certainly not every morning, but yeah, I do that every so often....like this morning ;)

I pulled my hair out of my top bun and did a quick finger comb, stopping before I hit the snags near the end, and I caught a glimpse of the back of my head while I was brushing my teeth. I think I may have said "wow" out loud, because it looked great :D

Yay, LHC!!

Labs*R*Us
May 28th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Yeah, kind of what Manderly said - sometimes. I cut half my length off last year, and it felt great, was a very good thing for me at the time. Now, I'm almost at WL again, and depending on what I do with it (bun waves, or straight today?) it just depends. Most days it's put up into some kind of something (I can still do this with a giant claw.)

On the odd day, I can say, "Yeah, bebe!" On the very odd day! But I'm back at that awkward stage, methinks, so this, too, will pass.

But don't you know, when I take it down, and it looks AWESOME to me, I usually am home with the dogs and nowhere to go....

Fethenwen
May 28th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Every morning! :bigeyes: No uh. I'm still at a length that is so hard to handle. I can't wear it down because it looks like a pine tree with all the layers sticking out in weird directions. Unless I use my straightening iron, but that won't happen. And having layers makes it hard to do neat up dos or braids, well lately my braids are starting to look rather decent.
But, I enjoy the feel of my hair, it is more thick and soft than usual, and my ends are in super good condition, I wont need to have a trim for a very long time if this continues. Thanks to LHC!

Samitra
May 28th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I do! At least after combing the tangles out. I love the look of my hair :D

Calista
May 28th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I love to feel my hair against my back. I am looking forward to having it tickle my tush, so that will be a mini-goal for me! :D

I also look at my hair in a mirror as often as I can. In the morning after I have combed it out I take a small handheld mirror and look at myself from behind with help of the big bathroom mirror. Then I put my hair up and look again. When I come home at night I take down my hair and finger-comb, and every time I pass the hall mirror I take a good look. My hair fascinates me. I wouldn´t want to swap with anyone.

akevita2002
May 28th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I used to compare my hair with each women i saw on the street with gorgeous hair (I still do that, but not putting myself down, just admiring beauty), but it wasn't doing any good to me, so I started appreciating what I got more and more and , yeeess, I can say I love my hair, I love playing with it, love oiling it, love watching it. A lot of people told me I'm crazy and obsessed about it, but, what the hell, each one with his/her obsessions.
And my confidence about the hair came also with the compliments I got from other people. If someone tells me "oh, you're hair looks so pretty and thick" it makes my day, my mood can rise from below sea level lolz till the highest it can possibly reach. :cheese:

marialena
May 28th, 2009, 04:59 AM
By the time that I joined LHC I realized how many problems my hair had especially with their thickness. I don't blame myself for that by the time that I had a health problem in the past, but I don't look myself in the mirror every morning so happily too. I 'd rather say that I look my hair with critical eyes and I have become even more careful in order not to damage my hair more. ( can you believe that I braid them before I go to bed ?? who would believe that.. ! :D)
At least I'm happy that I don't shed anymore and that I gain rapidly length. But I have still two lengths on my hair... So I'm not so happy for the moment..

AJoifulNoise
May 28th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I don't proclaim its gorgeousness every morning. But, that's because 6 out of 7 days (at least) I put it up wet. My hair isn't all that attractive when it is wet. That being said, I do tend to stare at it blatently (visual aid: O.O) before bed when I take it down and on the 1 out of 7 days that I wear it down I am always distracted by it.

So, to sum up: I do enjoy its prettiness when it is down, but that is not often.

talullah
May 28th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I do! :inlove:

My hair looks pretty damn good after rolling out of bed. That sexy, tousled, beachy, Victoria's Secret model look. It's when I try to style it into a more professional, polished look that I often dislike it.

BlackfootHair
May 28th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Well I dont say gosh dang its goergous but I do kiss and snuggle my hair everyday. I very much appreciate and cherish my tresses that God has given me. That is why I am a slave to my hair,whatever it wants I give. No matter what!:rolleyes:

Aaawwwwwww! You kiss and snuggle your hair??? LOL You are awesome. I just woke up, tired from staying up till 2:30 am working on my family tree, and I read that and had the biggest smile on my face! You made my day. :D

BlackfootHair
May 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I say it every afternoon and night. The morning: No way. I always have these weird bushy sections that flare up during the night and I always look like a wounded fox that's been done over with Brillo pad.

:lol: My hair used to look like that in the A.M. I'd wake up and go to the bathroom and catch a glance in the mirror. I'd instantly think, WOAH! My hair needs to meet the brush! I'd always have these pieces of hair sticking out every which way. With lots of volume. Now I use DevaCurl and my hair looks nice and curly in the morning. Sleek and smooth looking too. Not all over the place. lol It's weird, but some days I wake up with hair that looks curlier than the day before!

Tap Dancer
May 28th, 2009, 06:51 AM
If my hair is clean (meaning it was washed the day before/no oily roots), I'll admire it. Do I think it's gorgeous at that time? No. I need to comb it first. ;)

embee
May 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Almost every day after I've brushed and put my hair up I smile and am pleased. My hair doesn't look good down, being thin and stringy (short or long), so the updo is my answer. I am tickled pink that every day my updo looks neat and put together and will be ok *all day long* Hooray for LHC; without LHC I could not do this. :)

enfys
May 28th, 2009, 08:14 AM
When it's clean and shiny and waves about all pretty at the ends, it's gorgeous. Then I swish it like on the adverts.

Usually that's either in the evenings or the morning after I've washed it. The rest of the time it gets a scowl and a hairstick before I leg it after the bus.

Aisha25
May 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Aaawwwwwww! You kiss and snuggle your hair??? LOL You are awesome. I just woke up, tired from staying up till 2:30 am working on my family tree, and I read that and had the biggest smile on my face! You made my day. :D
yeah everyday oily, messy and all. Hehe glad I could make you smile:toofers: I figure if I love my hair now itll love me back some day and not go bald:smirk:

SimplyViki
May 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Hmm... not every morning, just whenever I happen to be in front of the mirror as I comb it or brush it (if it's not greasy or fluffy or otherwise misbehaving). I do have a rather vain streak when it comes to my hair, but that's why we're here, ain't it? :D

spidermom
May 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I go back and forth on this one. Some mornings I love my hair so much that I feel ashamed of being so vain about it. Other days I think it's witchy and messy and truly awful and I can't wait to bun or braid it and make it disappear from view.

Nightshade
May 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM
How my hair looks in the morning has garnered me the nickname "Medusa" from my DH if THAT tells you anything :lol:

That said, I do appreciate my hair, probably because I spent so much time and effort working out the damage and getting the color right. Everything is finally starting to pay off, and that feels damn good.

viking_quest
May 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I don't really self-compliment my hair until I shower. That's the only time I ever really see it down so I admire it.

Darkhorse1
May 28th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'm always appreciative that I have lovely long hair. Sure, there are many things I'd also like, but I have become very appreciative of what I have, rather than want what I don't have. :)

This is a lovely thread :)

jessie58
May 28th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Well since I layered my hair yesterday, I woke up this morning and said "awesome, perfect hair" when I woke up this morning. :cheese:

Madame J
May 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I used to get greasy if I went more than a day without washing, so I would wake up and my hair would feel gross. Now that I have consciously stretched my washings, it feels soft and silky in the morning (unless it's wash day). I don't keep a mirror uncovered in the bedroom (I have a *thing* about mirrors in the dark, so my only mirror is a small hanging mirror that I flip to face the wall at night), but lately I have noticed my hair looking nicer when I use the bathroom. And my husband has been saying "wow, you're hair looks really nice" more often. And I'm nowhere near my goal length!

ladylibra
May 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Maybe not in the morning, but always during some point in the day. I've been in love with my natural hair since... well, since I discovered how to properly care for my natural hair and grow it out. :D I've loved it through every stage, even now with these ridiculous layers :rolleyes: I love how my hair looks and feels.

Pierre
May 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM
When it's down, I stroke my whole face, upper arms, and back with it muttering "softyprettycurlysoft" and things like that. And in bright sun, I admire the shine. Even when it's up, if there's a tuft of ends free (as there is now) I stroke that.

Thinthondiel
May 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I don't say that every morning, but I feel that way right now! I think my hair is softer and smoother at the moment than it's ever been before... I just keep running my fingers through it!

Kristen_Marie
May 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I remember being very young (elementary school) and hating having hair at all - I'd keep it in super short bowl cuts because I'd let it go days without being combed and then Mom would have to yank all the tangles out.

Today, I'm not a vain person but I AM vain about my hair. I love how it looks, how it feels, and I LOVE getting compliments about it. Like some of you guys have said - we've all put years of tender loving care (including $$, time, tears, frustration, etc.) and we deserve to be a little vain about it!!

That being said, I'm very thankful to have been gifted with what I consider to be beautiful hair. :)

Lissa
May 30th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Sometimes, usually right after I've taken my hair out of a braid, I look into the mirror and think: "Wow, my hair looks great!" And then I usually laugh at myself cause I think my thoughts are silly:p

There are, of course, times when I don't like my hair much and would prefer it another length/style/to chop it all off, but all in all, I pretty much love it :)

gmdiaz
May 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
My hair is just now getting long enough that I am surprised at how long it's getting. It's almost classic length. And now, all the sudden I am getting all vain about it! LOL

I mean, I look at it every chance I get, I swish it around and fan it out and enjoy making my husband look at how long it's getting. I am loving to finger comb my hair and make it a point to apply oil everyday. I enjoy washing my hair and watching it curl up as it air dries. I love taking care of it and seeing my hair becoming healthier looking.

It's the first thing I check on myself in the morning and the last thing at night. lolol *oh brother*

And did I mention, I am enjoying the hell out of buying and learning how to use hair toys! roflolol

sneakybea
May 31st, 2009, 05:53 AM
Well, my family teases me a lot about it (especially my mom), but yeah, I think my hair is gorgeous quite often. Not every day, because seriously, I don't have the same hair every day (my hair is obstreperous). But especially when my hair feels soft and well-conditioned, and I take it down from my sleep bun and it's all fully and wavy, yeah, then I think it's gorgeous.

GeoJ
May 31st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Well, I do frequently! About the only time I don't is when it's wet or damp. I only like it when it is completely dry.

I also don't like it on windy days if I don't have a scarf or bandanna (because all the shorter new growth will work out of my style and they will form small wavy clumps, resulting in a wild medusa-like appearance). I think I actually have a photo of this somewhere! :silly:

My favorite time is the second day after a wash (especially if I used a catnip tea rinse). :D

bte
June 1st, 2009, 02:06 AM
It's a very difficult balance between appreciating what we have, and being thankful for all the effort and time that it represents, without crossing the line into being vain.

I do frequently look at my hair and enjoy what I have rather than complain about what I would ideally like, and I think we should all do that from time to time.

Carolyn
June 1st, 2009, 07:02 AM
What a great topic! So often we (myself included) are complaining about some aspect of our hair. When my hair was shoulder length it really did look awful. Now I don't have those same issues. Even greasy, tangled, 3rd day hair looks so much better than my hair did when it was short. On those days, I often think I'm so glad it's long now and I stuck with the growing out. I love the feeling when it's drying. It's heavy and cool on my skin. I love that feeling and usually wear a cami or tank top so I can enjoy it. My latest enjoyment is the "butt tickle". It's so much fun to swoosh my ends on my behind. It's all good :D