PDA

View Full Version : How do I ask this question??? and can I ask here?

redneckprincess
May 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
If not sorry but it is a legit question, and someone has to ask........ So when your in bed but not sleping :eyebrows:. How do you keep your hair from tying up in knots? It never fails everytime we get busy, I wind up spending 20 mins after brushing out the knots from my hair, is it just because its so damaged? my hair is to short to braid and hubby like to run his hands through my hair so I cant put anything on it, Whats a girl to do? (or guy you guys must have this same problem too) ♥ :cheese:♥
thanks in advance

SimplyViki
May 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Uh... ahem. :o I hope your question is fine, too, although given some of the other topics I've seen, I'd venture a guess that it's OK.
Anyway, that happens to me, too, unless I bun it (braids are too tempting for DF to tug - which can be good or bad, depending on my mood, LOL). Only thing I've come up with is to either put it up somehow or just resign yourself to detangling later.

Gothic Lolita
May 27th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I understand this totally. My BF likes my hair done much better and so do I, but afterwards, i have a single dreadlock attached to my head.
If you get damage from lying on it, well you could always switch position :D But honestly..... in that situation the last thing I worry about is my hair. Even if it is tangeled after, that is totally worth it

RavennaNight
May 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'd just enjoy myself and worry about it later. DH doesn't like my hair up, especially for the more intimate moments!:eyebrows:

Anje
May 27th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Actually, the question is asked a lot -- it's just hard to search for because everyone obfuscates the language they're using.

Braids are good, but not much of an option for you yet. Frankly, I normally don't take the time to braid it, either. I just fling the hair to one side, about 90° to my head, so it isn't under me. That prevents the worst tangles.

DH is rather amused by the big, tangly, afterward hair anyway. Describes it as "sexy," which is appropriate, given the cause of the mess.

redneckprincess
May 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM
yeah I'm not worring about it at the time either but when all is said and done I hate to have to spend the time brushig my knotted hair out, and I wondered if there was anything that can be done ♥

Sarahmoon
May 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I braid it (those women in films "throwing their hair lose" right before the action obviously aren't longhairs) but since that's no option for you yet... folded ponytail maybe? or a small bun or cover it with a scarf? Not sure if the last option adds to the mood though.

melrose1985
May 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I dont really have long hair yet, But i tend to just let it get wild and crazy. And after it's always pretty funny to see what it looks like.

SheWolf
May 27th, 2009, 08:07 AM
That's one of the good parts, LOL... :p Also, my guy loves to mess with my hair before, during and after. He can't keep his hands out of my hair. I am therefore destined to have that sinful look forever... ;) Although to his credit, he also loves to care for my hair, he gives fantastic shampoos, scalp massages during conditioning and he is very gentle when he detangles it.
It could be worse, really... :D

Fairlight63
May 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
What works out for me the best is a Messy bun.

wintersun99
May 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
If not sorry but it is a legit question, and someone has to ask........

This question has been asked more than a few times and there are some great threads with good answers/solutions, sadly I can't seem to find any of them. Ah well... :p

Samitra
May 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
"Honey, wait! We need some protection... for my hair".

I usually make DBF help me detangle. But I've never found a way to prevent it, and I'm fine with it. It's always worth it.

But then again, my hair is still short, and I have no idea how I'll feel when it's long. Let me come back to you in 5 years or so, then I might have a better answer :D

spidermom
May 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Top of head ponytail, although sometimes it slides out. But that's o.k. It helps.

bunnii
May 27th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I think this is the thread we are thinking of :eyebrows: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9510&highlight=intimate+moments

Also I just leave mine down maybe put it to one side, depends what maneuver we're doing at the time :p

angelthadiva
May 27th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I think this is the thread we are thinking of :eyebrows: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9510&highlight=intimate+moments

Also I just leave mine down maybe put it to one side, depends what maneuver we're doing at the time :p

Bunnii: Thanks for finding and posting. This has been asked and answered just about every-which-way possible.

For me? A scrunchie bun or a braid works best, but then again...My hair is the last thing I'm worried about! :eyebrows:

MandaMom2Three
May 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I just keep it down (if it was up before I usually TAKE it down), love that dishevled look :eyebrows:. I don't worry much about it, it usually has to be washed the next mornign anyway :tmi:

Heavenly Locks
May 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Mine isn't long enough to matter really. It just does it's thing while I do mine. I deal with the tangles later ;)

Firefly
May 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Hmm, it seems we have a lot missionaries among us! :run: This is less of an issue in other...erm, "postures". LOL

Personally I don't worry about it too much. It's usually the last thing I'm thinking about! ;)

florenonite
May 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Rather than worrying about it beforehand, you could try misting it afterwards with a mix of conditioner (and if your hair likes 'cones that's even better), aloe gel and water to make it easier to detangle.

Gumball
May 27th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Usually my hair's braided anyway, so I just keep it like that and all's well.

rags
May 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Mine's not a problem at this length, but even when it was waist and beyond, it was always down. If it's not, he'll take it down! His hands are always in my hair at those times. I just detangle later - I use cones, so it's pretty easy.

redneckprincess
May 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
ok thanks ladies, I just kinda wondered if it was just my hair ♥ I will just live with it ♥