PDA

View Full Version : can I have input?

morguebabe
May 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I just tried cone free, sulfate free.. with ACV rinses for a month. new pics are up. Not sure if it's better or worse.

plainjanegirl
May 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I think your older pics your hair looks more full. In the newer ones imo the hair looks more flat and stringy. What did you think? In the end stick with whichever way you like best.

Aisha25
May 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I dont know I think they look nice, either way looks same to me:shrug:

Furiana
May 26th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I prefer the sleekness of the newer pictures, but the stringier ends definitely make everything else look stringier, too. :neutral:

Igor
May 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Looks aside, what makes it better to handle?

Aisha25
May 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Looks aside, what makes it better to handle?
Yeah thats a good one!

spidermom
May 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I like the new look, mostly because your ends look so nice after the trim. I didn't like Aubrey Organics products nor ACV rinses, so as to your methods - bleh! Don't mind me, though; go by what you like.

Elphie
May 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I think your hair looks its best in the May 9th picture, is there a difference in what you were using then?

morguebabe
May 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I think your older pics your hair looks more full. In the newer ones imo the hair looks more flat and stringy. What did you think? In the end stick with whichever way you like best.

That could be because I've trimmed in more bangs and front fringe, so from the back, the sides look thinner because they just aren't there anymore, they are now bangs.

I'm not sure if the stringy ends are the new method or if they are just cause my ends are sooo damaged, I'm really rough on them.

I'm not sure whats easier to handle. I think my scalp likes this the most as opposed to anything. I think its a little softer. Shrugs. I'm not really sure to be honest. I don't much of a difference.

Elphie - what May 9th picture?

Madame J
May 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I think the new pictures look shinier and healthier. The "full" pictures from before look kinda puffy to me. I did think the pic you labeled as using Giovanni TTTT CO looked nice, though.

I'm going to go with the people who say whichever you prefer, though. I loved the way AO Egyptian Henna shampoo and Clean Rinse left my hair, but hated the smell, so I abandoned a nice routine to experiment until I found something that didn't bug me and left me with nice hair.

Sapphire'sWings
May 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I believe the stringyness is actually your waves being defined more. :)

morguebabe
May 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Thats what I was kinda hoping. I'm going to stick out one more month of sulfate and cone free, and see if my waves get more wavey.

I know they are there... I'm just trying to encourage them.

Thinthondiel
May 26th, 2009, 08:56 PM

That's what it looks like to me, too.

And IMO your hair hair looks nice, shiny and smooth, as opposed to a bit more fluffy earlier (I prefer smooth over fluffy, but I guess I'm biased since I've lived with incredibly annoying super-fluffy hair until I recently started doing WO).

But it's your hair, and only you can decide whether or not this routine feels right for you. So it's probably a good idea to give it some more time, as you said, to get used to it... and then decide if you want to continue or not. :)

RavennaNight
May 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
It appears the new routine is keeping your hair very moisurized, and your waves enhanced. The ends look like maybe they are still a bit damp? I would give it a little more time before switching routines again. Is the new routine making hair more manageable?

Feye
May 26th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hi, your hair is very beautiful. It's difficult to tell because it could be different light/flash/etc, but it looks a little shinier now. I would choose the one set of products that makes your hair tangle the least and which keeps your ends in best non-damaged shape, and then go for that.

Heidi_234
May 27th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I second it. I think that in the new pics your hair does look healthier. Maybe you never had your hair treated like that, and it seems weird and unusual to you, so you think something's wrong. I like the new pics better. :flower:

Aditi
May 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I like your new photos of your hair looks very smooth and silky to me.

morguebabe
May 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone one. I'll try one more month no cone, but switching conditoners b/c I can't bear the smell of the aubry one i have.

Furiana
May 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Good luck! I hope you get the best of both worlds. :flowers:

Kiraela
May 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I think I like the older ones better, honestly, but do what makes your hair and yourself happy!

Either way, your hair is lovely.