PDA

View Full Version : All fall down

sahiba
April 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Last night I had gone to a friends party and had done an infinity bun. After an hour it all came down.I was quite embarrassed. Has it ever happened to you guys?

spidermom
April 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Embarrassed? Why? Yes - this happens all the time. Three or four times an hour sometimes.

AJoifulNoise
April 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Mine sometimes falls at church because I move, hop, and dance a lot. At one point I came here and asked for some solid 'dos for that very reason. Using one of those has pretty much eliminated the problem.

But, even so, when it falls I'm rarely embarassed because everyone else is as 'in the moment' as I am. I just remove whatever toys are left in my hair, finger comb it, then go on. Afterwards I worry about reassembling my 'do.

MadHatter
April 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Lately my hair has been falling out of any style I do, with the exception of a ponytail. It isn't embarrassing, though.

Kallisti
April 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Oh my yes! I've had them fall down, I've also had them fall down because I forgot the length of the sticks I was wearing and bumped into something. But the thing I hate most of all, are those times when I put a stick in my hair and I get the stick all perfectly placed and then two hours later the top's migrated to down by my neck. grrrrrrr.

Shell
April 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM
In class once I had an infinity bun held with Amish pins--usually quite reliable--and as I was lecturing, I could feel my hair pushing the pins out, one by one, and finally the hair starting coming down in slow motion. Soon, I could tell that the students weren't hearing a word I said, they were riveted by my hair. So, I reached up, took out the pins, shook it down (all while talking), then said, "Any questions?" It was a bit embarrassing, but really, it's not like they don't know I have hair--right?

Xanthippe
April 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
My hair did this when I was on stage performing in a musical. I was so embarrassed. I think I did a good job ignoring it though. It happened during the last few minutes of the big Act One Finale dance number when we were spinning. I felt my hair slowly begin to unwind itself and it took all my concentration not to reach up and fix it. Luckily the hair stick slid down the back of my costume and the other pins stayed in my hair.

sapphire-o
April 7th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, if I run or jump, my updos would fall down, unless it's held by a Ficcare. There's almost no exception to that. :) I'd only wear forks or sticks out when I'm sure I would not need to move around too much and it's not a windy day. That's why my #1 style for going out is still down and loose. It can't fall down any more. :D

Mely
April 7th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I've had my hair come undone while I'm lecturing, too. I just keep talking and put it back up without missing a beat. I've also had it fall out while at my Scottish Country Dance class, and I just put it back up.

It doesn't usually fall down completely. Usually I will feel when it begins to come loose or slip, and I can do a minor adjustment to fix it.

I can put it in a tight bun that will hold like a rock--but that is not a very flattering look for me. Sometimes I do it anyways. Didn't we used to have a thread about "mean, tight bunned ladies?"

jojo
April 8th, 2008, 12:11 AM
my hair is forever falling out of its style or im forever changing it during the day, i dont feel embarrassed though more frustrated at having to keep putting it back up, it drives me barmy!

sibylla
April 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
If you have slippery hair secure a ponytail before doing your buns. Buy soft hair elastics in your hair colour that way it won´t show and your bun will hold as long as you want to.

Leisha
April 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Happens all the time :lol:
At least a few times a day when I wear my "standard" cinnamon-sorta-bun, the last coil flops out, sometimes I notice straight away and sometimes it takes me a while to realize there's a weird "tail" hanging on one side of my bun :lol:

I redo my bun many times every day. I don't really notice it anymore, it's an automatic thing :)

Nevermore
April 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with sibylla. I can't get buns to stay unless I do a ponytail first. I often braid the length and secure that with a hair elastic (of the goody ouchless/undamaging rubber-band looking variety. They hold better than fabric covered ones and don't seem to do any harm) before bunning. I still end up using a hair pin (goody ones that used to be called "good hair days", they're wicked) and hairsticks, but if it comes down partially, the braid will hold.

Remke
April 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I still can't get it up :( I can do an 8 but infinity is too hard...