PDA

View Full Version : My FIRST BUNS!

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Okay, TECHNICALLY not my first, but the first I'm posting up here.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1628.jpg

Small tortoiseshell ficcare (thanks curls2grow).

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1646.jpg

Kushiel's Keys hairsticks by Nightshade. : D Sorry for the poor action pic, it's hard to photograph one's head without help. xD

ktani
May 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Great pics. Very cool buns, really nice hair sticks!

Islandgrrl
May 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Nice buns, dude. Really. :rockerdud:

SHELIAANN1969
May 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Ohhhhhh sweeeeeeeet! I love the *key stick* and the Ficcare looks great too. :flower:

Ella Menneau P.
May 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Love the keys! And you have great hair!

lora410
May 26th, 2009, 05:51 PM
VERY NICE. The ficcare does look very masculine in your hair and I really love the key sticks.

JessTheMess
May 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Lovin' the bun and the sticks!! I must say that I am an avid admirer of your curls too GlassEyes

AmyJorgensen
May 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Looks great! (Wah...I want a key in my hair now too! ;) )

Teazel
May 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Congrats! :applause

joyellen
May 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Nice! I love the sticks. Very cool :cool:

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Lovin' the bun and the sticks!! I must say that I am an avid admirer of your curls too GlassEyes
Thanks! ^_^

I meant to ask, are you the same Jess the Mess on NC? Your hairtype doesn't seem that curly, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

VERY NICE. The ficcare does look very masculine in your hair and I really love the key sticks.
YES. Thanks!

Congrats! :applause
Hahaha. xD Congratualations for my dinky buns from you. Thanks.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

Lixie
May 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Very nice buns, GlassEyes! The tortoiseshell Ficcare really works with your hair colour and those hairsticks are fabulous. Also, you have really gorgeous hair. :D

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Very nice buns, GlassEyes! The tortoiseshell Ficcare really works with your hair colour and those hairsticks are fabulous. Also, you have really gorgeous hair. :D
: D Thanks!

XD I'm glad the compliments I get on my buns aren't about my backside now. xD;

SHELIAANN1969
May 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Ok, I have to say it:

"You have unlocked the secret to beautiful buns" hahahahahaha :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Xddddddddddddddddd

Tangles
May 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Love it! These buns are so, well, you. Can you believe how good they'll look when you're BSL and beyond?!

Speckla
May 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Looks great. I'm so jealous of your perfect bun!! Cute sticks!

Are you on NC too? I was wanting to ask Jess the Mess on the other board the same question. :)

Gumball
May 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Great pictures! Your hair is looking awesome!

AprilElf
May 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
That's very cool, GlassEyes! :thumbsup: Great hairtoys you have too!
(The more you do it, the easier it should be to get a good pic of the back of your head! ;) )

Elphie
May 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Thank goodness someone has already made the pun...saying your buns looked awesome just sounded...well...;-)

The style suits you well; I think I'm more partial to the sticks!

skay
May 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Great-looking pics!

I like the texture you have going:

Looks like you have a rope braid or twist in the bun, the wavy/curly hair, the reddish tint in your hair and the color the hair toys (as well as the texture in the sticks) complement your hair well.

Chrissy
May 26th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It looks great Glass Eyes!!! How long is your hair now? You did a great job posting those.

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Love it! These buns are so, well, you. Can you believe how good they'll look when you're BSL and beyond?!

Haha, me?

Thanks.

Looks great. I'm so jealous of your perfect bun!! Cute sticks!

Are you on NC too? I was wanting to ask Jess the Mess on the other board the same question. :)

The bun I did is actually REALLY easy, and yes, I am on NC, under the screenname Virael.

That's very cool, GlassEyes! :thumbsup: Great hairtoys you have too!
(The more you do it, the easier it should be to get a good pic of the back of your head! ;) )

I hope so. xD Such a paaaaaain.

Thank goodness someone has already made the pun...saying your buns looked awesome just sounded...well...;-)

The style suits you well; I think I'm more partial to the sticks!

Haha, thank you.

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Great-looking pics!

I like the texture you have going:

Looks like you have a rope braid or twist in the bun, the wavy/curly hair, the reddish tint in your hair and the color the hair toys (as well as the texture in the sticks) complement your hair well.
Thanks.

I actually don't have enough length TO rope braid. Or braid at all, at least not enough to bun.

It looks great Glass Eyes!!! How long is your hair now? You did a great job posting those.

My hair is above shoulder length still, but pulled down it's about two inches of APL.

Aditi
May 27th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Very shiny bun girl and i love your hairstick as well.

Heavenly Locks
May 27th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Very shiny bun girl and i love your hairstick as well.

;) Glass eyes is a male :)

I think that ficcare is just FABulous. Awesome size and color for your hair! Now I am jealous...I have been contemplating a ficcare and now, well, you're enabling me with my own jealousy :P

Redheaded Raven
May 27th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Your hair Looks great! Glasseyes :cheese:

LutraLutra
May 27th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Very good. I think buns look great on a guy, my ex housemates ex boyfriend had waist lengh very curly hair and he always wore his hair in bun. I don't think it looks 'girlie', buns on a guy always make me think of warriors.

GlassEyes
May 27th, 2009, 04:36 AM
;) Glass eyes is a male :)

I think that ficcare is just FABulous. Awesome size and color for your hair! Now I am jealous...I have been contemplating a ficcare and now, well, you're enabling me with my own jealousy :P
Actually, the ficcare is a LITTLE too small. It kind of hurts my head if I don't place it properly, but because the thing is so strong it holds forever. XD

@LutraLutra: At least someone thinks so. xD I haven't gotten any questions about them yet, but I'm waiting.

Thanks Redheaded Raven! And Aditi, even though I'm not a girl! :p

Denebi
May 27th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Oh, I love how the color of the Ficcare matches your hair color! And it seems you got the keys to open the mystery of bun making ;)

Great buns, I hope you show us more soon :)

caribou55313
May 27th, 2009, 07:07 AM

Hey! can a guy have bra strap length hair?! We might need a new name for that length on a guy.

Great buns GlassEyes, the keys are very warriorlike!

paper
May 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Your buns look great! I love your hair toys too!

Heavenly Locks
May 27th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Hey! can a guy have bra strap length hair?! We might need a new name for that length on a guy.

When someone says BSL for a male, I pretend it means Bottom of Shoulderblade Length! ;)

Sasha_S
May 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Ohh, those key hairsticks are awesome! :D
x

Garnet66
May 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
You have such great looking hair. I've never seen a stick with a key on it. Very unique.

caribou55313
May 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
When someone says BSL for a male, I pretend it means Bottom of Shoulderblade Length! ;)

Oh, now that's an elegant solution! :hifive:

GlassEyes
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Yep, that's what I've always thought too! :D

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I'm trying to get used to wearing it back more so I obsess/think about it less. I have more important things to do than think about my hair CONSTANTLY.

Kiraela
May 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Seriously cool, GlassEyes! Loving the henna glow, too... (even if it is blinding!)

Drynwhyl
May 27th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Oh wow. I can't wait to see your hair when you reach your goal at classic, it's beautiful.

Gutterfayrie
May 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Looks good. I love the hair sticks (currently reading Kushiel's Avatar, btw)

Coriander
May 27th, 2009, 02:06 PM
They look great!!! Congratulations :)

Longhairpixie
May 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Very Nice!

NiAosSi
May 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I like the way the henna looks! And those curls - I want, I want!:thud::)

Amoretti
May 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Wow, I love your bunned hair! :crush:

Speckla
May 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Actually, the ficcare is a LITTLE too small. It kind of hurts my head if I don't place it properly, but because the thing is so strong it holds forever. XD

@LutraLutra: At least someone thinks so. xD I haven't gotten any questions about them yet, but I'm waiting.

Thanks Redheaded Raven! And Aditi, even though I'm not a girl! :p

But you are beautiful inside and out and that kind of beauty is genderless. :)

GlassEyes
May 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Thank you guys for all the compliments!

@Speckla: It's just something I have stupid issues with, even though I know it's stupid.

Speckla
May 27th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you guys for all the compliments!

@Speckla: It's just something I have stupid issues with, even though I know it's stupid.

Not stupid, we all have issues we deal with.