PDA

View Full Version : Drastic climate change?

Smokie
May 26th, 2009, 11:15 AM
So in two months I'll be moving **crosses her fingers** and I quite enjoy sitting around plotting things. I like to at the very least have a tiny idea of what may happen. I also tend to jot down strategies and things to remember in a handy notebook or seven. Here's where y'all come in.

I'll be moving from central Texas (near Austin).... to Anchorage, Alaska. (For those who are unfamiliar with the climate differences, I give you the handy dandy weather comparison tool! (http://alaska.org/weather/alaska_weather_plannergraph.php) And I'll be about 300 feet closer to sea-level if that means anything.)

Here's where y'all come in. I'm trying to figure out what I will need to change about my hair routine... And also looking for suggestions on hats which are extremely warm but will not damage my fragile damaged canopy.

My current routine is something like this:
CWC twice a week using my lovely Nature's Gate Henna Shine conditioner and Burt's Bees Green Tea shampoo. Sometimes this is simply a CO or WC. This is also generally shortly before leaving the house for the day.
Microfiber turbie for ~10 minutes. A bit of the same conditioner as a leave in, then comb. Either coco-butter mixed with coconut oil or just coconut oil on the length. Then either just FOTE Aloe or aloe mixed with a bit of Proclaim Crystal Ice Protein Styling Gel.
Air dry down or in a bun/braid/something. Hair is worn up almost every day.
My roots get shot once they are a few inches long once with a chemical red color, followed within two days by a full-head henna+cassia blend.
Deep treatments whenever I feel so inclined (anything from a heavy coconut oiling to an egg, honey, oil mix, yogurt, or cassia treatment). I try to make a DT happen at least every other week.

So, aside from not stepping outside until my hair is completely dry... What should I anticipate in terms of changes my hair may need?

Oh! And I've been gone awhile! Hit BSL stretched (APL dry) in my absence but I haven't measured in awhile.

mira-chan
May 26th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Talk to Dancingbarefoot, she made that climate change, the opposite way though.

nowxisxforever
May 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
/waves

Hey hon!
You've already heard any input I had, hehe :)

Smokie
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Mira-chan: I'll have to send Dancingbarefoot a PM I suppose. Perhaps they will have memories of hair handling in such cold weather. Thanks for pointing me in a direction for help.

Nowxisxforever: Yes yes I have. And I'm sure we'll have many many more conversations once I'm actually up there. 2.5 more months! Weeee! And even more when the snow starts falling.