PDA

View Full Version : May I introduce myself...

Druid of Alba
April 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hello! I am very pleased to introduce myself! I am really excited about joining this site, and growing my hair out, but first, I must give you my story (yes, I know :p)...

I am a 15 year old male. I am living in Ontario, but I am ethnically Scottish, and I am very "into my culture" (incase you didn't know "Alba" is the Scottish Gaelic word for Scotland)! I am into the Celtic culture, and I am also into paganism, to a certain degree, all ontop of normal things :D, of course (I'm not that weird). So, anyway, now onto my hair...

Up until this Saturday, I was a long-hair (well kind of). My hair was between my collorbone and shoulderblade. However, it was *very* damamged, and it was not at all, in any way beautiful, and it was not what I wanted at all. My hair is naturally a very, very dark auburn colour (surprisingly, it looks almost black inside, but in the sunlight the red and gold undertones are revealed!). It is really fine, and thick, and glossy, and it is quite straight, with a very slight wave to it. However, up until I started growing it out in the summer of '07, I had never had long hair before. I had NO idea how to care for it: indeed, ripping a comb through my greasy, frizzy, unhealthy hair that had just been blow dried, and then proceding to flat iron out the friz resulting from the tearing doesn't prove to be a good hair-care routine... So, on Saturday, I cut my hair short, and it is now below my ear lobes at the side, just below my eyes at the front, and it is as healthy as it could be!
I am now going to grow my hair out again, this time treating it with all of the respect it deservs and needs to be my crowning glory! I am looking forward to the many years of joy that my long hair will bring me (I hope :p), and I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and learn and share knowledge of hair-care with you all! I'm glad to be part of the community! Nice to meet you :)

squiggyflop
April 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM
its nice to meet you.. welcome

Shanarana
April 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hello, welcome, from one Scott to another.... ;)

dcs60
April 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard Druid! And good for you for taking the necessary steps to ensure that you have healthy hair!! It's hard to do, but sometimes drastic steps are required.

You'll learn lots from the wonderful people on this board....I know I have and my hair is now in the best condition of its life!!

I'm glad you've joined us.

Druid of Alba
April 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you all so much! :) Yes, it was drastic, but I really don't regret cutting it, because, like I said, it was not healthy at all, and now it is back to its back to being shiny, straight, and really silky and healthy. Now, I just need to keep it this way as it grows, haha...

ladystar
April 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Welcome!!! :cheese:

Druid of Alba
April 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I guess the process of growing out the hair is kind of exciting, seeing all the different stages... Darn, I need a camera, lol. I want to start a progress log...

morningstar
April 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome Druid of Alba, Yes get a camera or borrow one so that you will see your progress. Join in ask questions, everyone is friendly here. :)

Lixie
April 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome to LHC, Druid of Alba. Happy growing! :)

Tashomani
April 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome and happy growing!

maskedrose
April 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Dia dhuit, from one Celt to another :) Good luck on your journey to long hair - be sure to post pictures when you can!

AshleyP
April 7th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome! :D

Lizbot
April 7th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Pleased to meet you! Welcome welcome welcome! :D

Your hair will thank you. Heheh.

sahiba
April 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Welcome Druid .

HeavenlyTresses
April 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Welcome to our boards! Some of us are picture hungry and I know I would love to see the color of your hair. It's good to see you are into your culture and appreciate it.

Happy hair growing :)

Anje
April 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome and happy growing. I think you'll like it here.

Gaelic Girl
April 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi there! Welcome!

Say, is that Eilean Donan? That's my ancestral (we probably cleaned the dungeon;) castle. I was there a few years ago, as a Gaelic singer, when the bruim was blooming. :) Sigh.

'Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!
Slainte,
GG

Silver & Gold
April 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Welcome . . . dive right in, the water is fine!

jojo
April 8th, 2008, 12:19 AM
welcome nice to have you aboard, look forward to seeing your progress x

Red Jezebel
April 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Welcome to our boards! Some of us are picture hungry and I know I would love to see the color of your hair. It's good to see you are into your culture and appreciate it.I entirely second what HeavenlyTresses just said. :) Druid, I hope your hair growing journey is a good one.

Druid of Alba
April 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. Your warm, friendly comments make me feel so welcome! :) And I will get a camera as soon as possible, and show my progress. I have seen that some people have journals on the site... How do I start my own? And it also says that I am not allowed to see theirs? Thanks!