PDA

View Full Version : Started a 25/26"...*sigh*

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I am now at 22". I have had atleast 7" or more of new growth since joining. Dye and layers...blah! I blame them for having to cut away at damaged and uneven ends.

Now it's time to get to some serious growing. Any tips, hints? (besides no more dye or layers)

Leisje
May 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I feel your pain. Just before joining I was at 28", but because of previous damage and breakage... it looked really thin and horrible. So I've been growing and cutting, keeping to one length to try to thicken things up, and make it healthier. It's annoying feeling like the hair isn't growing because I have to keep cutting off damage.

The best tip I think is to have patience and baby your hair. Deep treatments before washing, moisturizing leave ins. Play around with certain oils (if you like using oil) to see which one benefits your hair most. Use very gentle cleansing.

That's pretty much what I've been doing and my hair looks so much better now.

Good luck with growing!

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you. I waited until my shortest layer was at shoulder before cutting. I cannot and will not do shorter than shoulder.

MsBubbles
May 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I was stuck at 24" for about a year, growing out layers and a V-hemline. Even then I made the mistake of going back to my old stylist, who cut more layers back into what I was growing out. :mad:

This may not be any consolation but it'll be worth the wait to get your ends in the shape you want them to be. The ol' 'put it up and forget about it' is still useful at your length. And I'll add one "Don't hate your hair when you see others' hair gaining length faster". Many people here had to maintain for a year or so at shorter lengths before they could really let their hair grow down, whether it was for layers, damage, or growing out dye, etc.

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
It takes so long to show any length because my hair has to be heavy enough to lay down and not curl up so much. I can atleast pull a curl straight and say, "See how long my hair is." :)