PDA

View Full Version : Who started life as a baldy?

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Sorry for fuzzy/poor quality. I don't have a scanner and I can't use my editing software because my computer died. I just snapped and uploaded using my husband's notebook.
Me.
1 year.
http://images50.fotki.com/v1514/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture051-vi.jpg

2.5 or so. My hair was very blond.
http://images50.fotki.com/v1512/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture049-vi.jpg

4 yrs. I finally had enough hair to put into pigtails.

http://images19.fotki.com/v354/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture045-vi.jpg

9 yrs. My hair was barely below my shoulders but the back had never been cut. I did have bangs because I made them myself with my art scissors.

http://images46.fotki.com/v1506/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture052-vi.jpg

About 10 yrs. This was after my first haircut started to grow out. I didn't have a clue how to take care of it. I brushed and brushed and it just got bigger and bigger. My grandmother always took me back to the hairdresser when it started to reach this length and it was all snipped off again.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1503/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture044-vi.jpg

The joke was on her because it grew back faster, thicker, and darker.

Natalia
May 25th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry no baldies here but thos sure are adorable! I was born with black hair that went blonde before i was 2.

teela1978
May 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I wasn't bald, but it looked like it. Couldn't make pigtails till I was 4 supposedly. Haven't got any pics on me though.

viking_quest
May 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I was born bald and my hair grew in as a blond mohawk. My hair was pretty much blond until I started kindergarten.

invisiblebabe
May 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Nope, I was born with light ash blond hair :) It darkened to a tawny color by the time I was 3, and it stayed that way until I discovered hair dye at 13 :D

SimplyViki
May 25th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I was born bald, my mom thought I was bald as bald could be, but then when she had my brother, he was even more bald - she actually powdered his head so it wouldn't shine so much, it was so slick and hairless.
But yeah - back to me. I was frequently mistaken for a boy, so she took to dressing me all in pink and pierced my ears so people would know I was a girl.

Katze
May 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM
me, as well as my BF. Bald, then blonde, then 'hair colored.' I expect my bald baby kitty will go the same way, and end up with some shade of tawny, fine, wavy hair like her parents.

My sister had thick black hair that went light brown as a kid, and now has chestnut brown straight hair.

Darkhorse1
May 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Me. I had black hair when I was born, but it fell out and came in strawberry blond. Apparently, it didn't start to grow in until I was 2 or 3. In terms of full head of hair. My mom was worried about it for me. Now? I have lots of hair and I'm very thankful :)

CaraLynn
May 25th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Not I. I was born with lots of hair, and I had waist length blonde hair by the time I was four. :)

RancheroTheBee
May 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I was born with white hair. About an inch of it.

My brothers were born with curly red mohawks. SO CUTE. I will post pictures if I can find them.

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM
My son was a bald, fat baby. He wasn't hurting for food. :)

http://images47.fotki.com/v1497/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture055-vi.jpg

He didn't start getting hair until he was 3 and it was still so thin. He really only had hair on the top and not the sides or back. It almost looked like someone shave his hair into a bowlcut. My sisters husband shaved my son's head one day when we were out shopping...I was so mad...well, different story. I was waiting until his hair was longer before his first cut. It grew back sooooo thick and was a darker blond. I didn't know my son had curly hair until a few years ago. He liked the buzzcut and we kept it until he decided to grow it out longer. It's wavy and curly and gorgeous.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1509/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture056-vi.jpg

He'd kill me if he saw these. :cheese:This was 2007/2008 school year. He was 11. He will be 13 next month but his hair looks the same, only few inches longer, more brown now than blond, and a little curlier/wavier.
http://images49.fotki.com/v1502/photos/7/1199357/7574043/Picture-vi.jpg,

skydancer7
May 25th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I was born with fluffy black hair. It soon lightened into ashy blonde. Sometimes I wish it would have stayed black; I like darker shades on me :)

My sister, on the other hand, was born bald-ish and by the time she was 2 barely had enough hair to gather into a tiny bow on the top of her head; super cute!! Hers started out translucent white blonde and darkened into medium ash blonde.

jera
May 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Not a baldy here either. Quite the opposite. I was born with pounds of hair. It was almost comical. My mother told me the first thing the doctor commented on when I was born was my hair. :D That must've been the beginning of my fanatic obsession with hair.

Though it was black when I was born, it lightened to chestnut brown by the time I was eight. I love the reddish brown color.

Kudos to though who start as baldies, though. Just shows where you end up has nothing to do with where you came from. :p

Dragonfly78
May 25th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I wasn't quite bald, I had some downy white blonde hair as a baby, which gradually grew & darkened through light blonde until about 5, up until it got to a dark blonde/light brown colour when I was about 12. :)

noelgirl
May 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Not a baldy here either. Quite the opposite. I was born with pounds of hair. It was almost comical. My mother told me the first thing the doctor commented on when I was born was my hair. :D That must've been the beginning of my fanatic obsession with hair.

Though it was black when I was born, it lightened to chestnut brown by the time I was eight. I love the reddish brown color.

Kudos to though who start as baldies, though. Just shows where you end up has nothing to do with where you came from. :p

The doctor commented on my hair, too! My mom says that as I was crowning, the doctor said, "wow, look at all that dark hair", which surprised my mom because she was really blonde as a kid. My dad has dark hair, though, so I guess that's where I get it. But yeah, I was born with a full head of dark, curly hair - my mom says that when I was a baby people used to ask if I'd had a perm!

Jeni
May 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Bald as bald could be, in fact for my hospital picture they taped a a bow to my head. By the time I was 1 I had a nice halo of bright white hair, my hair stayed white into elementary school before darkening into platinum blond by 5th grade. Sometime in middle school my hair became what I felt like was DARK blond but was probably light blond (just not in comparison to my white hair). I started to dye it by 9th grade (ish). Growing out color now, I think my hair is medium blond...

Flynn
May 26th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Completely the opposite. I had to have an "onion-top" ponytail when I was very, very little (as in a few months) to keep it out of my face! I have brothers, who are twins. One was absolutely bald until he was a toddler, and the other was just like me (but without the onion-top. He was very pretty; people often thought he was a girl. Mum had to take him for a haircut! The poor hairdresser was terrified...). The hairy brother and I both have very fast-growing hair still. The baldy brother has the most gorgeous blonde curls.

jera
May 26th, 2009, 01:50 AM
:
Completely the opposite. I had to have an "onion-top" ponytail when I was very, very little (as in a few months) to keep it out of my face! I have brothers, who are twins. One was absolutely bald until he was a toddler, and the other was just like me (but without the onion-top. He was very pretty; people often thought he was a girl. Mum had to take him for a haircut! The poor hairdresser was terrified...). The hairy brother and I both have very fast-growing hair still. The baldy brother has the most gorgeous blonde curls.

LOL. :D Those onion tops are hilarious aren't they.

Darkhorse1
May 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM
speckla---what a beautiful big baby!!! What a cutie! My brother and I were little sumu wrestlers as kids--my LORD! I asked my mom what the heck she was feeding us, and she said 'what the doctor recommended'. Hahahah.

enfys
May 26th, 2009, 01:33 PM
me, as well as my BF. Bald, then blonde, then 'hair colored.' I expect my bald baby kitty will go the same way, and end up with some shade of tawny, fine, wavy hair like her parents.

My sister had thick black hair that went light brown as a kid, and now has chestnut brown straight hair.

I must be your sister :o That's my whole history haha. Wish I'd kept the black hair.

Bianca
May 26th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I started life as a baldy... Then I got light ash blonde curls, when I reached 14 I started dying it, and have been till about 5 months ago. Today it's dark ash blonde :)

Norai
May 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I had no hair for a year after I was born... was a premie so that may have had something to do with it. :)

Darkhorse1
May 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Oops, apparently I wasn't a baldie--I just had very sparce hair until 2 and a half/3.

logica_divina
May 27th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Oh, I also had a full head of hair! Much darker that it is now, too. And it was VERY thick. I never lost that thickness, thank god! And I had wl hair and beyond by the time I was 3. Unfortunately, my mom decided to cut it to chin length the next year (when I was 4) cause it became literaly impossible to comb it out since I had no patience at all to sit still :) I still have the braid they cut off though! My granny kept it :) is that strange? :D

nicolezoie
May 27th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Not I. I was born with lots of hair, and I had waist length blonde hair by the time I was four. :)

Me too - had my first real haircut (4+") to even things up at age 4 as well, and back to below waist at kindergarten start.

rhubarbarin
May 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I was born bald, had nothing more than blonde peach fuzz until I was almost two, then finally grew some light blonde 3a curls between 2 and 3. My mom cut it so I didn't have longish hair until I was 7 or so (by which time it was dark gold/tawny, same color it is now).

I will scan a pic of my bald baby self, I was so cute! But I had a really LONG big weird head, it's funny.. I have my dad's head and hair.

lambhair
May 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I did! My mom swears I didn't have anything but fuzz until I was about 2...then it grew like crazy and by the time I was 6 I could sit on it (an activity I clearly remember-ouch!). Sadly she cut it when I started school-too much to take care of I guess.

neon-dream
May 27th, 2009, 09:43 AM
me and my sister were both born with a full head of bright orange hair :D
Hers faded out a lot and mine only slightly. She is more strawberry blonde whereas I'm still orangey

ilovelonghair
May 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Me. I had black hair when I was born, but it fell out and came in strawberry blond.

Same for me, but mine didn't come back! Happened at the age of 3 or 4 months. My hair came back much later (light blonde)

LittleOrca
May 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
People thought I was a boy when I was a baby because I was bald. :lol: I will have to find a pic somewhere

kathrynrose
May 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Bald as a cue ball, bald!! Pictures are somewhere in storage, I think. Mom took to dressing me in pink (no wonder I hate it now, LOL). I went curly and blonde by 1st grade, and then downhill from there. LOL.

My best friend's daughter was born with VERY light blonde, VERY fine hair. My friend got little velcro bow-thingees for her. I remember saying, "Man, why couldn't they have had them when I was born?"

I still have fine hair, but no longer bald [big cheesy grin, well half-grin--but that's a whole nuther story]. I am not red and silver. Alas and alak, time marches on.....

lailmil
May 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I was born with a lot of black hair :D
my brother was born bald, then he was blonde for a lot of time..now we have the same hairtype O.O

82exoticbeauty
July 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Actually, I did start life as a baldy, and my mom had to put a ribbon thing on my head because I have no hair when I was a baby! Then my hair grew when I was I think I turned 1 year old! But that's okay! hehe!!!:D

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Me! When it came in, it was white blond fuzz.

hoosiermama
July 25th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Ooo ooo, me! I was a baldy. Mom said I had white peach fuzz when I was born. It took a while for it to grow in. I have seen pictures of me a baby. I also did the bald thing as a grown up! 2 years ago, bald as bald can be from the chemo. But now it's about 8 inches again. I celebrated today when I was able to get it up off my neck in a claw tonight!:cheese: woo hoo! Not a lot of tails at the top of the claw, but it's up! Yay for hair!

Oberon88
July 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I was bald on top, but had gorgeous ringlets at the back of my head. Which turned into curls all over my head by the time I was four.

redcelticcurls
July 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I was bald until I was two.

I never had hair past my chin until I left home. No one knew how to care for curly hair in my family, so it was just kept short to compensate.

masterofmidgets
July 25th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I was a little cueball until I was two at least, and when my hair did finally grow in it was fine, blonde, and straight as a pin, so I still looked pretty bald even then. It didn't start to darken until I was 9 or 10, and it didn't curl until I started growing it out when I was fifteen.

It could be worse, of course. My cousin's golden-blond like everyone on my mom's side of the family, and when he was a kid, he had a really big head and a very delicate jawline. I've seen pictures of him when he was in elementary school, and he bore a truly striking resemblance to a light-bulb. :p

janiejones
July 26th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I was born with dark dark brown hair, and a decent amount of it, and then started to lose a lot of that hair until somewhere in the awkward transition, straight, white blonde hair grew in and kept going until I was around 3, where it turned out to be, and remained, dark golden blonde. I still miss my white baby-blonde sometimes though!!

krissykins
July 26th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I had very light brown fluff on my head in my first two years of life. People thought I was a boy for awhile...

ericthegreat
July 26th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I was born with just a tuft of fine black hair on the very top of my head, it couldn't even be considering a mohawk really just a smattering of fine black hairs. My parents forced me to get crew cuts for the next 14 or more years of my life so I never really knew just exactly when my hair actually grew in and thickened. I know for sure that by the time I was growing my hair long for the first time when I was 15, I already had a thick, coarse head of hair that seems to have a life of its own many times.

Lord Bélgorôth
July 26th, 2009, 12:23 AM
As far as hair on my head as a newborn, I was born a hairball. :cheese:

Laylah
July 26th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I was born with stick straight thick black hair in the form of a fo-hawk (faux hawk? I don't know, like a mohawk but with hair on the sides). It's gotten a much thicker and wavier since then.

daydreamer
July 26th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I had no hair until I was about 2 years old! My mom used to have to tape bows to my head so people wouldn't think I was a boy. :P

MandaMom2Three
July 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
No hair for me until I was 3. Everyone thought I was a boy :(

WritingPrincess
July 26th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I had nothing but peach fuzz until I was 2. I don't know if I have any pictures accessible, though. You were a beautiful baby, Speckla.

paintedmuse
July 26th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I was born with dark, almost back curls. They fell out and afterwards I got blonde hair, which got darker and darker as I became older. Now my hair's natural color would be light-medium brown :D

lacereza
July 26th, 2009, 03:10 PM

blondekate
July 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Ah, I found you here! Hello! Thanks for directing me over here--so much great information!
:)

I had blonde hair as a baby...

blondekate
July 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM
No hair for me until I was 3. Everyone thought I was a boy :(

Oops, that comment was for you, Amanda! ;) I hope this one works...

MandaMom2Three
July 26th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Oops, that comment was for you, Amanda! ;) I hope this one works...

Yay! I just saw you on here :D Welcome!!!!

blondekate
July 26th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Yay! I just saw you on here :D Welcome!!!!
:D
Thanks again! ;)

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I found a picture. It's real, I swear. ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2519&pictureid=40887