PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss? Length? I'm back...

eaglefeather71
May 24th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Nowhttp://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc104/ckatto71/034.jpgBeforehttp://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc104/ckatto71/IMAGE_00549.jpg

I have been off of the forum for a few months because life became crazy! It looks like I have grown in length pretty good, but I am so worried because I am loosing hair like crazy! I think it's really starting to show. I went from losing 1-2 hairs with my wash to 2-3 handfulls each wash. I'm thinking about going to the lady doc to have my hormones checked because my cycle is off too. Between Hormones, excessive stresses, no vitamin supplements anymore, etc. I think I have really messed up my hair goals. :-(

EdG
May 24th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome back, eaglefeather71!

Your hair looks quite thick in your new photo. I don't think you need to worry about it. :)
Ed

eaglefeather71
May 24th, 2009, 07:20 PM

Your hair looks quite thick in your new photo. I don't think you need to worry about it. :)
EdThank you Ed for the encouraging words. But I don't know...are you sure you're looking at the correct picture?

EdG
May 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you Ed for the encouraging words. But I don't know...are you sure you're looking at the correct picture?Yes, the photo on the left looks like very healthy hair. :)

I wouldn't worry unless you are shedding more than 100 hairs a day. :twocents:
Ed

Nypsy
May 24th, 2009, 07:32 PM

Ed

I agree, her hair does look thick. :)

Lamb
May 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
If your periods are irregular, and you are under a lot of stress, and you are losing hair, it is time to visit your doctor.

OTOH, both the irregular periods and the hairloss may be simply a result of stress. Something very similar has been going on with me lately.

Your hair looks lovely, though. :)

Speckla
May 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Your picture on the right might look thicker because you have your hands underneath it and it pushes it out further.

Feye
May 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I'd say go check it out. If the cycle is off you might want to check the hormones. If it turns out that you're healthy as a horse you can stress less! And start on vitamins again! At least a hair vitamin with the daily multi equivalent in it.

hennaphile
May 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Even though your hair is *still* thudworthy, noticing a change in shedding is significant. 100 hairs may be normal for some, but if you shed one or two, that drastic of a difference is likely telling you something. If nothing else, it's making you upset, and therefore warrants attention.

Keep us posted!

eaglefeather71
May 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Even though your hair is *still* thudworthy, noticing a change in shedding is significant. 100 hairs may be normal for some, but if you shed one or two, that drastic of a difference is likely telling you something. If nothing else, it's making you upset, and therefore warrants attention.

Keep us posted!Thanks! I'm going to the doctor soon for sure. I also did a good Indian Herb oiling and wash this past weekend, and an overnight henna treatment last night. It's already starting to be happy again. But, like it has been said, hormonal issues and hair loss are not a good combination. Thanks everyone.

jera
May 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM
It look like the thickness in the before photo could be illusory from the angle of the shot. But if you're losing a lot of hair maybe a medical visit would help?:confused: What Indian herbs are you using BTW? Usually those help thicken hair, not the opposite. :rolleyes:

hennared
May 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Just to chime in some support - my hair still looks 'normal' to anyone who hasn't known me over a year or so.. but I started shedding excessively last spring, and in 4-5 months, had lost a LOT of my hair. I did get a lot of bloodwork , and though the docs say 'normal' I saw low end of normal.. I learned a lot by seeing the docs, even if they didn't help! I also went to a naturopath; she was more useful (looked at me as a person, an individual; not a number in a range of bloodwrok values!)

In my case, I lost a lot of hair, but the shedding, though still high for me, is a lot less than last spring, and I *think* some hair is returning. (I am now on iron supplements and low level estrogen cream; things bloodwork indicated I could use more of).

I hope your hair stops shedding, soon!

smerrie
May 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I think you hair looks absolutely stunning, and super thick!

Perhaps you are just going through a shedding period? I don't know how scientific that is :p But I do know that there was a period of time that my hair was shedding like CRAZY. But it never became noticeably thinner!

eaglefeather71
May 26th, 2009, 09:12 PM
It look like the thickness in the before photo could be illusory from the angle of the shot. But if you're losing a lot of hair maybe a medical visit would help?:confused: What Indian herbs are you using BTW? Usually those help thicken hair, not the opposite. :rolleyes: I was using Indian Herbs religiously for a few months and just got lazy and started just washing with Soapnut Liquid exclusively once a week. I would say I was doing that for a couple months before I started noticing the hair loss. This past weekend I had to oil my hair because I went to a waterpark, so I went ahead and did an indian herb wash to get the oil out (shikakai, amla, brahmi, neem, aritha) My hair was almost instantly improved, but I still lost a few handfulls of hair after that wash. After last nights Henna, my hair feels much stronger, and I lost a significantly smaller amount of hair with that rinse out. We'll see, maybe it is the summer, the stress, and the laziness. Also, the before pic is a little different because I had my hands under it, but you can look at my siggy pic which was taken months ago and still see a big difference, I just couldn't find a good before pic when I was looking for one.

Just to chime in some support - my hair still looks 'normal' to anyone who hasn't known me over a year or so.. but I started shedding excessively last spring, and in 4-5 months, had lost a LOT of my hair. I did get a lot of bloodwork , and though the docs say 'normal' I saw low end of normal.. I learned a lot by seeing the docs, even if they didn't help! I also went to a naturopath; she was more useful (looked at me as a person, an individual; not a number in a range of bloodwrok values!)

In my case, I lost a lot of hair, but the shedding, though still high for me, is a lot less than last spring, and I *think* some hair is returning. (I am now on iron supplements and low level estrogen cream; things bloodwork indicated I could use more of).

I hope your hair stops shedding, soon!Thanks for the info. I think its already getting better with TLC, but I am still going to get the bloodwork done to see where I am. I would love to go see a naturopath if I could.

I think you hair looks absolutely stunning, and super thick!

Perhaps you are just going through a shedding period? I don't know how scientific that is :p But I do know that there was a period of time that my hair was shedding like CRAZY. But it never became noticeably thinner!This is my second major shed in the last couple of years. I have a ton of hairs that come down about a third of the length from the grow back after the last shed. I guess now I just get to have another layer of regrowth. LOL