PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make...

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo25.jpg

Had ya goin'! :lol:

This has been super amusing for me, but I have to say I actually DO love the wig and have considered cutting my hair into that style. I've come to the conclusion my hair grows way too fast for that and actually, I like both looks. I'm going to buy more wigs so I can just be whoever I want whenever I want.

Those who suspected it was a wig, well done.

Those who gave compliments, thank you very very much. :)

ETA: Oh, and it was only about £10 on ebay! Bargain! :)

Shorty89
May 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM
You actually got me this time! That's a well done wig! You look good in it too!

Drynwhyl
May 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5446/funnypictureswhitefluff.jpg

Teazel
May 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
You're evil. :D

bunnii
May 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
LOL! Pegs you are a sneaky Pegs!

Sneaky Pegs! :p

Just_Isabel
May 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
:laugh: I still think you look adorable with the shorter dark hair. :bigtongue:

NiAosSi
May 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Oh, you had me going! :P

spidermom
May 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Thank goodness.

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Aw Spidermom I'm sure you said it was cute on the original thread.

Please people, don't try to placate me. ;) Its okay if you thought the wig looked better.

EllisGurl
May 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I was kinda wondering since you posted a very short time ago about your growth and seemed very excited about it.

I think you look great in the wig. I think you look great in your own hair.

Altocumulus
May 24th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Lol! I saw the red underneath, but when you said it was from your webcam, I was like, "Weeeeelll....ok then....I still think its a wig, but maybe not?" Good one! It did look really cute on you, but I like your real hair.

dearladydisdain
May 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Whaaaaat? I never fall for these things! Good job :lol:

freznow
May 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Holy pomegranate! Well done, dear Pegs, well done!

Soo.... where can I get one of these wigs? :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Lol! I saw the red underneath, but when you said it was from your webcam, I was like, "Weeeeelll....ok then....I still think its a wig, but maybe not?" Good one! It did look really cute on you, but I like your real hair.

The red really WAS from my webcam though, that's the thing. I had my hair shoved into a wigcap!

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Holy pomegranate! Well done, dear Pegs, well done!

Soo.... where can I get one of these wigs? :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180342810027

I will certainly buy more wigs from this seller. :)

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Oh oh guys, I have to let you in on this... A quote from Akurah, who was in the dark about this prank: "I can't believe how many people think your new hair cut is a wig!"

I laughed till I cried.

Nypsy
May 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I fell for it, I didn't reply to your last thread though. It looked cute :)

akurah
May 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Oh oh guys, I have to let you in on this... A quote from Akurah, who was in the dark about this prank: "I can't believe how many people think your new hair cut is a wig!"

I laughed till I cried.

Of course, you, having a big mouth, after you were done laughing, let me in on the prank shortly after I said that XD

I'm impressed you kept it running so long

Carolyn
May 24th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Miss Pegs! I must say that was one well done hoax! You sure had a lot of us going. I usually don't fall for things like this but you got me. What shall we do with these young'uns? :gabigrin:

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Of course, you, having a big mouth, after you were done laughing, let me in on the prank shortly after I said that XD

I'm impressed you kept it running so long

Actually I only kept it running so long because I've been sick all weekend and unable to get on and let everyone know the truth. :lol:

lora410
May 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
oh you evil woman you..lol

RavennaNight
May 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Wow that was an awesome wig! The quality is superb I couldn't tell! Glad you kept your hair, though. Both looks suit you:)

Gumball
May 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Oh snap! Very clever. Haha. Score one for you!

Flynn
May 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
How do you do your hair to get it all under the wig? I'm a bit of a fan of a lot of shorter styles, (but, like you, my hair grows too fast for them... or at least for me to be able to afford to maintain them), and I'd be interested to know how you do it. I usually do four braids equally spaced out around my head, and then wrap them into a kind of very flat coronet braid, then put a wig cap over the lot. It takes a lot of hairpins, though, and by the end of the day, I start to have problems with them poking me.

Xandergrammy
May 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
You had me fooled, Pegs. A good bit of fun! :thumbsup:

xoLegallyAubrey
May 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Holy crow! You got me! Great wig!

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM
How do you do your hair to get it all under the wig? I'm a bit of a fan of a lot of shorter styles, (but, like you, my hair grows too fast for them... or at least for me to be able to afford to maintain them), and I'd be interested to know how you do it. I usually do four braids equally spaced out around my head, and then wrap them into a kind of very flat coronet braid, then put a wig cap over the lot. It takes a lot of hairpins, though, and by the end of the day, I start to have problems with them poking me.

Honestly? I put a wig cap on and shove the hair up into it once it's on. Failing that or if you want to be neater then you need a crown braid I think. :) But a wig cap makes a HUGE difference.

Flynn
May 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Honestly? I put a wig cap on and shove the hair up into it once it's on. Failing that or if you want to be neater then you need a crown braid I think. :) But a wig cap makes a HUGE difference.

Okay ^__^ I couldn't cram my hair loose up into a wig cap, so it looks like I'm sticking with the braids and pins. Thanks!

Maelyssa
May 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM
LOL Guess you got me too but that's a pretty great look on you! :D

Darscilla
May 24th, 2009, 06:41 PM
D'oh! You totally got me!

Natalia
May 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM
lol this made me laugh! I have always wanted a collection of wigs so i could go incognito whenever i wanted :p, i like to be invisable its a quirk. I thought you looked cute with short hair but i honestly missed your beautiful locks. Im always jelous of your beautiful texture and shine :heartbeat. I like your sense of humor though :D

Elphie
May 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Excellent job, the wig really does suit you, how fun to be able to change your look on a whim with none of the drastic side effects!

manderly
May 24th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I knew it!! Liar, liar, pants on fire!! :tongue:

But that is an adorable wig and you look fantastic in it. Honestly, I think the dark color is incredibly becoming on your pale skin. You look like a fairytale painting of Snow White with that color :)

I'm glad you've got a fun little wig to play with when you want to mess around with your hair. It really is a super great wig, and what a steal!!

I'm still glad you didn't cut all your pretty hair off :D

SheWolf
May 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Wow!!! you got me, that was well done. You look great either way. ;)

Lamb
May 24th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'll never believe a word you post again, you totally had me there!! Evil! :p

Pegasus Marsters
May 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Haha thank you tall of you on the compliments both ways.

Oh no, Lamb! Am I now "the girl who cried haircut"? :lol:

Addy
May 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I followed your thread and was a lil miffed inside cuz you *cut* it all off and I certainly wondered if it were a wig too. I had my feelings that is was all a hoax and that's why I didn't post but I followed along, hoping you'd say it's all a big joke.

I'm glad you didn't hack it all off and you do look super cute with it too. :)

MandaMom2Three
May 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
You still looked uber cute :D I have to get me some wigs I think!

Tangles
May 24th, 2009, 07:54 PM
That's one of the most realistic, detailed wigs I've ever seen. Good work!

Speckla
May 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Shame on you. What should your punishment be? Ah yes, send it to me. That should teach you! lol!

teela1978
May 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
lol. I'm so shocked.

The dark hair really looked quite good though. Maybe if/when you get tired of the red you can switch over :)

Wavelength
May 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Heh, I'm with Spidermom. I didn't want to say anything on the original thread when everyone else was being so positive, but I liked your long red hair better.

Nice going though, you fooled me too! :D

invisiblebabe
May 24th, 2009, 08:57 PM
HAHAHA :lol:

Darkhorse1
May 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
That's a good wig! I knew it was a wig though, but I really love it on you! :) Glad it cheered you up :D

kwaniesiam
May 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
About time you came clean :wigtongue I had a heck of a time keeping quiet! :D

Wind Dragon
May 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Oh no, Lamb! Am I now "the girl who cried haircut"? :lol:

Yes, yes you are. :p

DecafJane
May 24th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Pegs, that was a good one! :D

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Ah, you wicked, wicked girly! :lol: I really quite like the dark hair color on you.

Wow, I just noticed your location. How'd you get in there?

GlennaGirl
May 25th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I was fooled!

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I was fooled!

Me too! :lol:

Was this a payback to the mods for their April Fool's joke?

Just_Isabel
May 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180342810027

I will certainly buy more wigs from this seller. :)

Heehee, you could get this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180359184016QQssPageNameZMERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY _BID_Stores_IT&refitem=180342810027&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu% 3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4) for when you're feeling impatient. (I hope the link works.) :D

GlennaGirl
May 25th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Heehee, you could get this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180359184016QQssPageNameZMERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY _BID_Stores_IT&refitem=180342810027&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu% 3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4) for when you're feeling impatient. (I hope the link works.) :D

I like this mannequin's hair, though not for me. I have discovered the hard way that reds just don't go with my face. I love the face-framing layers on this wig, though. I have those. Just not the rest of the length!

This is a super-cute wig.

I do still like Peg's black wig!

Niphredil
May 25th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I had a gut feeling about this too :) You were all positive about your hair, the length, the color etc. But then you had it cut short previously so it could be true in the end as well.

I loooove your wig, it really really suits you, but the longer vibrant red suits you just as well!

I might go for a wig myself. I can't have my own hair short (high forehead, oblong face etc) but I would like to wear it short for the occasional event or something. Might hide the forehead a bit with the wig as well.

Really, a fantastic and realistic prank you got us into believing !!

rogue_psyche
May 25th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I don't think I said anything, but I was sad the see the beautiful red go away. But the wig DID suit you.

Elenna
May 25th, 2009, 03:05 AM
You had me there about your hair! Glad you didn't!

Unofficial_Rose
May 25th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Haha! You totally got me. :applause That's a very convincing wig, and the cut and colour really suit you.

Could be a good solution for those of us who get fed up with our hair and want to look different for a while. :ponder:

ClareDee
May 25th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Very good :D I was well convinced.
Your wig is great. I'm a total wig-ignoramus* in general though, and I'd only spot one if it was actually in the process of falling off someone's head...

*(wignoramus! Sorry... it had to be said)

Carina
May 25th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I had a feeling that it was a wig;).But I think you are lucky who looks great in both short and long styles.Thanks for a great thread.:joy:

harpyangel
May 25th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Just have to say I have the same Orlando Bloom poster as you!
Harpyangel :) xxx

Pegasus Marsters
May 25th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Ah, you wicked, wicked girly! :lol: I really quite like the dark hair color on you.

Wow, I just noticed your location. How'd you get in there?

Hahaha! I'd forgotten I set that. Lixie and I were discussing stereotypes I think and ended up with her making a comment that English people live in teapots... so my location changed. :D

Me too! :lol:

Was this a payback to the mods for their April Fool's joke?

Oh hell, that April Fools irritated me no end. But actually I was buying the wig for a costume and decided ehh, may as well have some fun with you guys first. :twisted:

I'm glad I caught so many of you out with this one, I found it ridiculously funny the whole time which DID cheer me up a lot. ^.^

Tap Dancer
May 25th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Wig, no wig... I love that hair. :p LOL

Oh hell, that April Fools irritated me no end. But actually I was buying the wig for a costume and decided ehh, may as well have some fun with you guys first. :twisted:

Oooh, I only saw one post that day and it made me mad and I reported it. Yes, I reported a mod to the other mods! :lol: I said, "If anyone else wrote like that, they'd get jumped on. Why is it okay for one of you guys to do it?" :o

Unzadi
May 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hee, good one, Pegs! I kept vacillating on wig/not wig, but either way, it looks great and your hair looks great. Love the idea of more wigs for easy identity switching. Well done!

Fethenwen
May 25th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Wow, I didn't see that coming!

Sasha_S
May 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Haha, awesome! Is it a professional only wig? It looks like one of theirs :)
x

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I didn't look like a wig. I was almost tempted to go out and get an even shorter cut...but then I remembered the flatiron, blowdryer, and tons of hair goo it took for my hair to look like that...for 5 minutes before the humidity hit it and it was curly/kinky again. ;)

GlassEyes
May 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I -hate- you. So much right now. xD; It looked completely real.

Oh well, dammit. I stand by what I said about the wig, but the long hair is nice to...which I also said. So I stand by what I said. xD;

-HATE-. I should've KNOWN because I know you were going to make an Alice Costume.

jel
May 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
LOL, I'm relieved! :p However cute and adorable the wig is, I prefer long red hair myself... ;) But it's a brilliant idea when you want to shake up your look!

Peter
May 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I still think you look fantastic with the black hair, but I like the long red hair too. :)

Pegs 1, LHC 0

Pixna
May 25th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Holy $%&?!!*@!! I can't believe you did this to us. You little stinker, you!! But, I must say that I am really glad you didn't actually cut your hair. The wig was a great idea! That way, you can have your short hair and keep your long hair, too. Still, I can't believe I fell for that. $%&?!!*@!!

Chrissy
May 25th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Now I have to read everyone's responses, lol!! I think you are brilliant!!! Even though some people were saying they thought it "may" be a wig you were like what the _ _ _ _. Why don't people believe me? I'm very much paraphrasing. You let it go for quite a while. You've out done yourself and are doing quite well in keep your cute, evilness going!!! :)

Chrissy
May 25th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah.....I'm glad you fessed up to before a bunch of LHCer's decided to chop to that style!!!!

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hahaha! I'd forgotten I set that. Lixie and I were discussing stereotypes I think and ended up with her making a comment that English people live in teapots... so my location changed. :D

I'm glad I caught so many of you out with this one, I found it ridiculously funny the whole time which DID cheer me up a lot. ^.^

:lol: Yeah, I remember how annoyed you were and I had mentioned paybacks...;) You totally had me going. You crack me up.:D

Pegasus Marsters
May 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Haha, awesome! Is it a professional only wig? It looks like one of theirs :)
x

The label is all in Chinese, I got it off eBay.

I -hate- you. So much right now. xD; It looked completely real.

Oh well, dammit. I stand by what I said about the wig, but the long hair is nice to...which I also said. So I stand by what I said. xD;

-HATE-. I should've KNOWN because I know you were going to make an Alice Costume.
MWUHUHUHUHUHUH! I had you going, it was epic. I was snickering the entire time you were talking to me. I love you really though!

Pegs 1, LHC 0

Boo-yah!

Now I have to read everyone's responses, lol!! I think you are brilliant!!! Even though some people were saying they thought it "may" be a wig you were like what the _ _ _ _. Why don't people believe me? I'm very much paraphrasing. You let it go for quite a while. You've out done yourself and are doing quite well in keep your cute, evilness going!!! :)

I was trying to keep up the pretence and very glad that I did. I did intend to reveal the truth on Saturday but as I say I was ill and couldn't get online.

:lol: Yeah, I remember how annoyed you were and I had mentioned paybacks...;) You totally had me going. You crack me up.:D

I snarled every time I saw a modpost in the netspeak and even moreso when I was told it was an april fool. They will feel my wrath! :lol:

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I snarled every time I saw a modpost in the netspeak and even moreso when I was told it was an april fool. They will feel my wrath! :lol:

What color and length with your next wrap be? Oh, wrath...I thought you said wrap.

Nyghtingale
May 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Got me good, now I gotta get one of those...

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM

The Wrath of Pegs epic film!

Pegasus Marsters
May 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
The Wrath of Pegs epic film!

Hahaha! As long as William Shatner isn't in it, it's all good.

NeilTheFuzz
May 26th, 2009, 05:15 AM
ZOMCod! Yeah, you got me. You little monkey :p I think both styles look lovely.

Aditi
May 26th, 2009, 05:20 AM
You didn't fooled me, not for just one teeny tiny second :liar:

redneckprincess
May 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
ha ha Im glad it was a wig, I hate to here about people cutting there hair after trying to grow it out forever ♥ looks good though

LadyEliza
May 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I think the thoughts were "oh no, she cut her hair! Well, make the most of it, don't let her know it's upsetting, and yes, she does look cute with the short hair - but it's not LONG!"

After all, long hair is why we are here :)

morguebabe
May 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Wheres the original picture?

Pegasus Marsters
May 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Wheres the original picture?

I'm too lazy to find the thread, so I'll repost them

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo20.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo19.jpg

morguebabe
May 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
wow, it actually looks awesome, color and cut.

sagebabies
May 27th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I thought there was something off about the post.......I have to say I'm glad you didn't cut your hair :)

magpielaura
May 27th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Ha ha! I knew it!:cheese:

I can't believe a wig as good as that was only a tenner. Bargain. It would have cost loads more if were a real hair cut and would have needed loads of trims to keep it looking that way. You could probably buy a new wig a week for the price of getting a cut/colour and the ongoing maintainence!

Pegasus Marsters
May 27th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Ha ha! I knew it!:cheese:

I can't believe a wig as good as that was only a tenner. Bargain. It would have cost loads more if were a real hair cut and would have needed loads of trims to keep it looking that way. You could probably buy a new wig a week for the price of getting a cut/colour and the ongoing maintainence!

Yeah that's my thought too. With the speed my hair grows keeping it short just isn't practical.

melrose1985
May 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM
HA! I thought it was real, it totally didn't look like a wig.

LaurelSpring
May 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Thank goodness.

Sorry to hijack but OMG Spidermom, your new siggy is awesome.

rhubarbarin
May 27th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I'm glad it was a wig. It looked cute on you, but I like your long hair.

az_sweetie01
May 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
D'oh. I totally fell for it :D!

The wig looks like fun though, might have to give one a go sometime.

crystal_89
May 28th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ooooh! You're sneaky! The wig looked very believable though.

enfys
May 28th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Naughty Pegs!

I didn't believe you at first but I thought you'd send the boys round to beat me up if I questioned it again!

Most convincing wig I've seen I think.

Amoretti
May 29th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I also fell for it, you naughty monkey! :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 29th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Teeheehee. :twisted:

You guys need wigs. Join me in the fun!

Unzadi
May 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
We do need wigs, we do, we do! Either this weekend or next, I'll be rescuing some vintage wigs from my parents' house as we get it ready to sell.

LovingLife
May 29th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Oh my gosh, You totally had me there,
But you have beautiful hair either way and I'm glad you'll still be hanging around on LHC! :)

tiny_teesha
May 29th, 2009, 07:17 AM
would you believe it the whole pranks whooshed past me and this is the first i've heard of it? And i pride myself with knowing this thread having spent 6 hours at least on it pretty much every day.
*sad sad sad*! lol

Nenwing
May 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hehe that was good. You know, when reading your journal, and then seeing the dates, I was like wait a minute? I was thinking of saying something (after I posted thinking you really had done it!) but then saw your link that said "confession"!! You do look great in that wig though!! I stand by my declaration in the other thread, you look fairy like in it! :D
I am a former long hair, but I just love hanging out here so much!! :D Please don't send me packin'! :(

Pegs you are crafty!!

bte
May 30th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I was suspicious, because as others have said, it was only a few days since you had celebrated your new length.

Much more fun to invest in a wig or two!

When are we going to see the "my hair has grown to my ankles overnight" thread?

ilovelonghair
May 30th, 2009, 03:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo25.jpg

Do I suspect an Orlando Bloom fan here :D? LOL. Weird that was the first thing I noticed in the picture, wonder how...

suspicion confirmed by the other pictures in this thread haha!

WritingPrincess
June 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I missed the whole thing, but it looked really good on you. I'm glad it isn't permanent, though. I looked at the eBay seller, and saw an almost-knee-length ashy brown wig that I thought would be fun to post. But I'm not going to spend $40 on a wig that is synthetic and will probably tangle really fast.