PDA

View Full Version : anybody at this strange milestone?

jojo
May 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I must be getting longer, even though I cannot see it (probably because I have no eyes in the back of my head!) but when I comb the length, I now have to put my arm up the back of head and comb fom the back. It sticks out else!

Just thought id share my oddity!!!

MsBubbles
May 24th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Yes. I can't comb the length all the way down any more standing upright so I lean sideways and comb it while it dangles. Yay for milestones! Progress, right?

enfys
May 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I absolutely can't picture what you mean.

I have to put my hair over my shoulders to brush, is that like what you mean? That you can't just brush from your crown with your arm up?

Nypsy
May 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I also lean sideways when I comb my hair, but if I didn't I'd have to do the same thing. I got really excited one time when my braid swung over my shoulder and stayed there, it was finally that long, yayyy!

Carolyn
May 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hey every little milestone reached is a victory! I have to do that too especially when I take my own pics in the mirror.

Spiffyhink
May 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I remember reaching that! It was awkward at first, because I couldn't quite get the hang of brushing in an entirely different way than I was used to.

Just wait until you sit on it for the first time! (And then watch it get caught in doors, and on the seams in your seats, and on other people's clothing, and...:p)

Debra83
May 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Sounds like fun!!! I can't wait!!!!

ShoshanUhura
May 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well - though it will be a few years!
I had braid extension in my hair for a while (partly to hide my hair that was officially unauthorized for my work ... but that's another story) and they were about that length. I enjoyed the "practice" I got in living with past-bra-strap hair. Washing it, drying it, putting it up...what fun!

Can't relate to the combing, though. I only brush my edges with a baby brush, :)

GoddesJourney
May 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Yes, I'm there too. Well, I cut it two days ago but it was only an inch + in the back and maybe two inches in the front, so I'm still right about there. It is wierd. My paddle brush does a pretty good job of holding my hair though. However, since I brush it on the under side over the left shoulder I seem to have trained my hair to like that side. So when I make my braid, it only wants to stay over the left shoulder and never the right.

Firefly
May 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to say your hair looks so wonderful, Jojo-- so shiny and healthy!

Nypsy
May 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Just wanted to say your hair looks so wonderful, Jojo-- so shiny and healthy!

Her hair does look wonderful :) I was a little shocked by the shininess of it!

jojo
June 5th, 2009, 06:30 PM
thank you for the compliments, thats my hair on a good day and the camera DOES lie!!!!

CaityBear
June 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I always have to lean my hair over my shoulder and I usually just let it hang and comb it.

windinherhair
June 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Feels great doesn't it? :) I have to comb my hair from behind too. I also bring my hair all to one side to comb and that can be easier.

yogachic
June 5th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I can't picture what you mean, but your hair is looking so great! I'm back at 20inches now. Let's see if I can outgrow you again. LOL

MadHatter
June 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I have to reach my arm behind my back to comb the ends of my hair, is that what you mean?

Quixii
June 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I can't remember reaching there (when I was kid I avoided brushing my hair, so it either went unbrushed or was brushed by someone else), but I know my hair must count as long because I can/have to put my hair over my shoulder to brush it. =D

Autumnberry
June 5th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yes, I have just started to do this over the past month. It has been a very long time since I had to comb this way, so I really noticed. It's funny that you mention it this month! I also noticed that I could be a little more flexible to do this easier :).

Debra83
June 6th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Do you actually mean I'm going to have to start dance/yoga poses to limber up to comb my hair when it gets to a certain length???!!! Or just break down and get surgery to become double jointed?!!!!! Sounds like fun!!!! ;)