PDA

View Full Version : Hair down in a convertible??

xsadiemamx
May 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
That post hair and trail riding just reminded me of this lol....I keep seeing these women riding around in convertables with thier long hair fling around everywhere and everytime i see them I am CRINGING. I cant even wear my hair up in a braid in my sisters jeep without getting tangles. How do these girls do this??? I actually did it once when I was younger for like 5 min. and my hair was SOOO tangled I couldnt even brush it. I had to hop in the shower and condition it before I could get any of the tangles out!!

SimplyViki
May 23rd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah... and worse than that, for me - hair loose at the beach/in the ocean. My hair is abysmally tangled and matted and stiff if I attempt that.

Unzadi
May 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Did that once. *Once.* At the time it was on my "must do this incredibly cool thing" list. It is now on my "never again do this incredibly stupid thing" list. Convertible + almost waist length fine hair = much detangling and many words not suitable for small children.

Furiana
May 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I think it sounds like fun! :shrug:

ETA: Wasn't there an episode in some movie or TV show where a woman makes a comment to a male driver about women whose hair flows perfectly behind them? He told her it was because of the windows' positioning, and rolled them up to direct the airflow just so. Voila, her hair flowed perfectly behind her!

Themyst
May 23rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Good grief, if I'm driving with my window down and the passenger even opens their window a little bit, the whirlwind effect makes like a fanatical hair hurricane and blinds me. :shocked:

Even on a motorcycle I have to band my hair with many hair ties so no strays get tangled. I don't know how some people do it.

Laurel32
May 23rd, 2009, 09:00 PM

ETA: Wasn't there an episode in some movie or TV show where a woman makes a comment to a male driver about women whose hair flows perfectly behind them? He told her it was because of the windows' positioning, and rolled them up to direct the airflow just so. Voila, her hair flowed perfectly behind her!

Could it be the movie Spanglish?

Yes it is! I looked on the internet.

Tornerose
May 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM

That's what I was thinking too

Furiana
May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Could it be the movie Spanglish?

Yes it is! I looked on the internet.

So it WAS Spanglish! :crush: I wonder if I could get my hair to do that in real life!

When I figure out how, Tornerose, I'll tell you. We can rent convertibles and go for a drive! :cool:

Laurel32
May 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
So it WAS Spanglish! :crush: I wonder if I could get my hair to do that in real life!

When I figure out how, Tornerose, I'll tell you. We can rent convertibles and go for a drive! :cool:

I wish could too! I have hair, all I need is a drivers license and a convertible. :p

Furiana
May 23rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I wish could too! I have hair, all I need is a drivers license and a convertible. :p

So it'll be the three of us! Hahaha, it would be the first ever LHC meet "on the road!" Even if we weren't actually in the same cars, we could hook up webcams to our dashboards. Then the meet report would be page after page of windblown hair before we finally give in and post three length photos of us leaning gracefully against our cars.

And complain about the tangles.

(I mean, I haven't totally forgotten what Unzadi and SimplyViki and Themyst and xsadiemamx said! :lol:)

Tornerose
May 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah that's be so cool. I can even live with the tangles, I don't mind spending 2 days carefully removing tangles, one by one. I've done it before on occasions.

Maybe we shouldmake LHC meetings have compulsory convertible tours? LOL

Nicoliee
January 21st, 2011, 07:44 AM
First time I rode in a convertible I was like 12 and had nothing to put my hair up in and we were going from Louisiana to Arkansas. I looked like a cavekid lol

ddiana1979
January 21st, 2011, 12:59 PM
I won't even let people put the WINDOWS down in my car, regardless of whether my hair is in an updo or down. If I'm riding in someone else's car, he or she gets a hateful look if the windows are down, even though I put up with it (I pull my hair into a pony tail and just hold it with my hands for the rest of the car ride, looking very, very sour & put out).

HintOfMint
January 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Remember that scene from Bridget Jones's Diary? Yeah, that's my hair after having the windows down. It's a nice feeling while it lasts though.

Kittin
January 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
I have a convertible and this is one of my guilty pleasures. At least once a summer, I go for a drive with my hair free. I've had guys get a bit aggressive though. Flip their business cards in my car when I'm at a stop light, follow me to rest stop and chase me down, pull up along side of me and start shouting about going for a drink. Of course, after I spend forever detangling but the feeling is exquisite during the drive.

1953Diygal
January 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that scene from Terms of Endearment with Shirley Maclaine in the convertible with Jack Nicholson.

Rocket22
January 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
I have a convertible and have for my last three cars and think the last several years I hardly have had the top down at all. I keep saying every winter this next summer I'm going to have it down more but honestly it is more trouble than it's worth in the hair department... but when I do have it down I ususally wear a hat.. my preferred, scrunchie with all my hair on top of my head (only wear this at home) looks pretty funny when Im stopped at red lights :)

1953Diygal
January 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM
I have a really good convertible memory. My best girl friend and I were driving around Downtown Las Vegas in her convertible Porsche singing "Happy When It Rains" by Garbage at the top of our lungs. That was SO much fun! If my hair tangled, I don't remember. I was having too much fun to care.

That being said, my ex-hub and I used to have a 1953 Chevy as our daily driver (yes, that year is a part of the reason why I chose 1953 as the year in my username). Naturally, it didn't have air conditioning so we drove around with the windows down which is SO AWESOME (not. :rolleyes: ) in a Vegas summer. At the time, I used hot rollers every day (hey, it was over a decade ago. Definitely pre-LHC) and I used to joke that I didn't know why I bothered since the hot Vegas wind would suck all the curl out of my hair.

Lostsoule77
January 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
My s-i-l has a convertible that she brings to our annual family camping trip. I ride in it as much as possible because it is so much fun in the summer sun. It feels so free. That being said, my hair is in a braid the entire weekend. We go swimming and tubing and hiking and my hair stays in a braid. I take it out and brush it a few times a day just to get any tangles out. I'm usually ok except for my halo.

Our blazer is conv. and whenever my fiance tries to put the top down I freak because I don't have any warning. If I have my hair down it ends up a mess! Luckily I carry hair ties and clips with me everywhere so as soon as he goes to put it down I'm braiding or bunning my hair to minimize the damage.

WynneWear
January 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
I have a convertible and this is one of my guilty pleasures. At least once a summer, I go for a drive with my hair free. I've had guys get a bit aggressive though. Flip their business cards in my car when I'm at a stop light, follow me to rest stop and chase me down, pull up along side of me and start shouting about going for a drink. Of course, after I spend forever detangling but the feeling is exquisite during the drive.
Oh it really is! :) It's one of my guilty pleasures, too.

Addy
January 21st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Even on a motorcycle I have to band my hair with many hair ties so no strays get tangled. I don't know how some people do it.

Ugh. I'm right there with you Themyst!!! I just started riding last year and I found out real fast how to wear my hair! All of it has to be covered or I'm doomed to a painful evening with the comb and a bottle of conditioner that seems like it doesn't even help! :blueeek: