PDA

View Full Version : Hairtyping help - and does this one count?

SimplyViki
May 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I wasn't quite due for a wash yet, but my hair was feeling weird today so I decided to CO wash instead of CWC, which I normally do. Since I was washing anyway, I decided I'd try and let it dry naturally and take a good hairtyping pic. Not sure if having CO washed makes it not quite accurate though. Also, I did comb my hair when I first put the conditioner in, to distribute it through my hair. I think the effects of the combing went away afterwards though, cause I tied my hair in a knot to continue the rest of my shower, and then rinsed with no combing.

Also, while it was drying, I "squished" it between my back and the pillows while browsing the web, does that alter it too?

Anyway, if it counts, I'd appreciate input on what hairtype you think I am using Fia's hairtyping method. I think I'm maybe 1b or so, what do you think?
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/vharrod/IMG_3178.jpg

Edit: On second thought, maybe 1c or 2a... I forgot that 1b is the one that's just "slight body wave".

Furiana
May 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Yea, you're definitely not a 1b. :lol:

Because your wave extends all the way up to your crown area in that picture, I'm leaning towards 2a. But, scrunching your hair like that while it dries creates more waves; because of that, I'm changing my opinion to "1c."

teela1978
May 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'd probably call it 2a, and I'd say it counts.

SimplyViki
May 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Yay! Someone answered my post! :cheese: I was starting to worry I'd simultaneously created and killed a thread.

OK cool, I guess I should change the one that appears in my info, then. :D

How weird, I've seen my hair with waves exactly like that before, but because I braid my hair a lot, I've always called them braid waves. :p Who knew?

Oddly enough, it is a pain to get my hair to do it's natural thing - I'm so used to combing it straight and towel drying it, and it takes so much longer to let it actually air dry with minimal towel use. I used a coney conditioner for my CO wash - I wonder if I could coax more waves out of my hair if I got a cone-free one?:ponder:

And it's super easy to kill the waves, too... makes me wonder if they're "false" waves because of tangling. They changed shape once I bunned my hair and took it down, and they're not nearly as neatly lined up in rows after I've combed it. Waves are moody things, aren't they? :hmm:

Tornerose
May 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
idd you make braids or have braidwaves before washing? Sometimes when i do that, my hair needs 2 or 3 washes to get normal again.

Since you thought it was braidwaves, I had to ask

SimplyViki
May 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Tornerose: Hmm... now there's a thought. I braid my hair every night, the last time it was braided was last night, and I did the whole washing thing in the afternoon. Do you think that might have made it do that? I don't braid very tightly, as I'm not looking for waves, just containing my hair. But that is a thought I hadn't thought of. I mean, I wouldn't know if my hair kept the braid waves after a wash, because I always comb out any waves before they happen.

teela1978
May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Yay! Someone answered my post! :cheese: I was starting to worry I'd simultaneously created and killed a thread.

OK cool, I guess I should change the one that appears in my info, then. :D

How weird, I've seen my hair with waves exactly like that before, but because I braid my hair a lot, I've always called them braid waves. :p Who knew?

Oddly enough, it is a pain to get my hair to do it's natural thing - I'm so used to combing it straight and towel drying it, and it takes so much longer to let it actually air dry with minimal towel use. I used a coney conditioner for my CO wash - I wonder if I could coax more waves out of my hair if I got a cone-free one?:ponder:

And it's super easy to kill the waves, too... makes me wonder if they're "false" waves because of tangling. They changed shape once I bunned my hair and took it down, and they're not nearly as neatly lined up in rows after I've combed it. Waves are moody things, aren't they? :hmm:

They are moody. I've pretty much given up on mine. Much easier to comb them out while my hair is damp and just wear it straight.
They are fun to play with though :)

Furiana
May 23rd, 2009, 10:00 PM

:snicker: It's like some kind of superpower held by the select few. I think we even have a member who put "Thread Killer" underneath his/her user name!

It seems like you're getting advice from folks with hairtypes closer to yours, so I'll just say:

Waves are moody things, aren't they? :hmm:

Yeah, you betcha. Drives me crazy. :shake:

Tornerose
May 23rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Tornerose: Hmm... now there's a thought. I braid my hair every night, the last time it was braided was last night, and I did the whole washing thing in the afternoon. Do you think that might have made it do that? I don't braid very tightly, as I'm not looking for waves, just containing my hair. But that is a thought I hadn't thought of. I mean, I wouldn't know if my hair kept the braid waves after a wash, because I always comb out any waves before they happen.

Yeah I see you've typed yourself as a 1b, so that means you probably see your hair as pretty straight normally, and you mentioned other times it's been wavy you've pinned it on braidwaves... So that makes me think curls/waves are unusual for you, and therefor might be leftover curls in it?
Not to take away your joy of curls/waves or anything ;)

Emichiee
May 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
That picture is a 2a :)

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2009, 03:17 PM
IF you used cones, I have no doubt that you're a full on 2a, maybe even a 2b.

Picture is 2a though. xD

hennaphile
May 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hmm, I type it as " beautiful." :D

xoLegallyAubrey
May 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hmm, I type it as " beautiful." :D

Agreed :cheese: