PDA

View Full Version : introducion and humbly request some advice

amandasmith911
May 23rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hello, my name is Amanda. I am 32 years old. I have bsl hair. It is a little dry/frizzy and wavy. I am still trying to decide how to code my hair with the 1a/3b lingo. My goal is to have almost waist length hair.

I have stopped using cones. I had been oiling even before I found this wonderful site.

I would really like to have a suggestion on an inexpensive coan free leave in conditioner.

I would also like to know how you protect your hair from the sun. I would like to do a stylish hat or bandana, but my head is big and I can't seem to find anything to go over my hair and big head.

I would also like to know if it is damaging to my hair to put in up when it is still wet. Sometimes i get in a hurry when I am on my way to work.

I will post my hair in my avatar soon, and I am sure I will have toms more questions.

Tank You

Fractalsofhair
May 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Whole Foods 356 brand is fairly inexpensive(And quite wonderful for most hair.), and there are many drugstore brands that are cone free. I don't think it's damaging to put your hair up when wet if you're gentle with it, and not back combing it wet or anything like that(And yes... I backcomb, but only to get "goth" Robert Smith hair. Not an everyday slight thing. XD)! Far more damaging would be to blow dry from dripping wet daily, whilst using a wet to dry flat iron, multiple times per day. I have very dry hair, and I have yet to find anything that protects my hair from the sun. Probably a scarf or something would work well, if hats are too small for your head(Try mens/gardening hats, or pinning the hat on, with a scarf underneath.) I'm getting a parasol soon, and that would likely be helpful. Good luck!

Bunnyhare
May 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi and welcome! I am fairly new too...i wanted to say that i also have a big head,almost a size 8 hat and i understand! there is a site called Big Head Hats that has great stuff you never thought you could wear! and I make my own crochet caps and bandannas because of it..I don't have dry hair so i can't help there but have fun here!:D

mira-chan
May 23rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flowers:
I have dry frizzy wavy hair too.

Not sure how inexpensive it compares (everything is comparatively expensive where I am), but I really like Beauty Without Cruelty leave in. It lasts quite a while too.

My head and hats are not friends so I wear scarves on my head instead. I really like the instructions on this site (http://www.tznius.com/cgi-bin/tying.pl) in how to tie them. I have a couple of parasols I use too.

I braid my hair wet after wash because I don't like it dripping all over me. I've not had a problem.

amandasmith911
May 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Thank You all for the warm welcome and suggestions!

Teacherbear
May 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I really like Giovanni Direct Leave it. I use a blob that is smaller than a dime (in diameter) and it is more than enough for my hip length hair. A little goes a loooooong way.

lovelygirl8315
May 27th, 2009, 01:39 AM
welcome, and happy growing:)

Aditi
May 27th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Hii and welcome to LHC :flower: you will get all your queries solved once you will start reading the articles section and posts of people who have similar problems.