PDA

View Full Version : Etsy/Ebay Field in Profiles?

snowbear
April 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM
On the older version of LHC, there was a profile field for the member's Ebay username. Now, either I'm a dolt and can't find the field, or it's actually missing.
If it's missing, I'm wondering if it's going to be reinstated--and if so, would it be posible to add another field for Etsy usernames, as well? I've found that quite a number of LHC members are members on Etsy, so I figure it would be a nice thing to have.
ETA: Or, a drop-down field whose options are Ebay and Etsy, and then a field for the username?

If it's not missing, would anyone care to point me in the proper direction? My ebay username changed (thanks in no part to ebay's nincompoopery) and I'd like to update my profile with my current name.

capelli lunghi
April 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
That would be a great thing!

Delilah
April 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
That would be cool. Many of the people on this forum craft and/or ebay, and it would make it easier to find their goods without outright asking in a PM or in a thread.

happylynngilmer
April 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I see a lot of people w/ links in their sigs, so it looks like that's one way to advertise.

Tapioca
April 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
That would be nice. I'm more likely to order a similar item from a member than a non-member.

snowbear
April 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Any news on this, Modmins?

Euphony
April 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
OOOOO that would be awesome. I see how it would be advertisement, but frankly I'm not sure if I'd click on etsy names to buy but moreso to get to *know* the person better especially if I'm thinking of doing a swap with them.

Jessaka
May 4th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I think it's a cool idea. It beats me having to look at sigs lol.

physicschick
May 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
There is a place in your profile to put a home page. (You can do this through the User CP.) People are allowed to list their home page as their etsy page or ebay page. Also, as happylynngilmer said, people can have a link in their signatures too. Because we already have these options, I don't think there's a need to add a new field.