PDA

View Full Version : Australians, which state are you from? (take 2)

tiny_teesha
March 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Again i must re post this in the new forum format.
Basically if you are in Australia, or will be returning home, state which state (hehe) you are from in the poll. This will help for meets, product avaliability and just the curiousity of other members.

eta-Just click on the number of people above in each state to see a list of the members there!

eta- also if you want you can add a link to this in your siggy to draw more australians into knowing about this thread! :)

eta-
other links of interest
Group (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=17)-for Aussies
Where us aussies (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46) get our hair stuff from. Lists of stuff avaliable to us, cone free, etc.

nastasska
March 9th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Proudly from The ACT:)

Juanita
March 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Northern Territory here.

Cheers
Juanita

Mitzy
March 9th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Checking in from Perth.

Liluri
March 9th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Checking in from Perth WA too :)

We're in Australia where'd you get that thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46)

KiwiLiz
March 9th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Victoria. But I'm not an Australian! I moved over from NZ 2 years ago, and now I'm thinking "Why did I move to a warmer climate?". 37 degrees tomorrow, and 47 in an unconditioned lecture theatre...

blondecat
March 9th, 2008, 08:09 AM
South Australia here :)

Liluri
March 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
So we are still looking for Rose_Red, Ali, Rini, Velvetine, merry, KnightsLady, windswept, tameriska, secretmidnight, Nat242, SippyCup, ScarletRubies & Alley Cat off the top of my head :) But there was more than 20 people that did the survey last time so there's heaps I can't remember.

Also found littlemiss, liselle, ChocoholicBec, cosmo__, crystal_89, Fey One, rapunzhell13 through google hope you all make it back to LHC.

Nat242
March 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I'm here! Queensland at the moment, born in SA and grew up in Melbourne!

Good memory, Liluri!

tiny_teesha
March 10th, 2008, 12:32 AM
i agree nat242!!

ChocoholicBec
March 10th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I'm back! *Waves*

South Australian here. :)

Rose_Red
March 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Another Perthite here :)

westozdonna
March 11th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I'm back. Working full time again, so I don't have much time to lurk on LHC these days. Will try to check in every couple of days or so.

KnightsLady
March 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Checking in Liluri. NSW here.

Where's Alley Cat? We need to change that 0 in Tassie...

Steve<3
March 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Another Melbournian here :D

Alley Cat
March 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Checking in Liluri. NSW here.

Where's Alley Cat? We need to change that 0 in Tassie...
I'm here just being a bit lazy. :o

tiny_teesha
March 11th, 2008, 09:58 PM
hey liluri do you remember last time i was saying if it would be inappropriate to have an Australian thread just for us. I think since there are now hair groups we could do an australian group? good idea? or no?

Liluri
March 12th, 2008, 12:24 AM
hey liluri do you remember last time i was saying if it would be inappropriate to have an Australian thread just for us. I think since there are now hair groups we could do an australian group? good idea? or no?

There's an Aussie social group (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=17) and We're in Australia, where'd you find that thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46&highlight=liluri), do you mean another thread? As they don't seem to be being used much yet.

tiny_teesha
March 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM
OH My Gosh!!! HAHA i already joined that group too. No, the aussie group was exactly what i was thinking, i'm just a loony!!!
THANKS! haha

KnightsLady
March 12th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Thanks for making me laugh Teesha. :D

Nice to see you Alley Cat. Is Gilly around too?

Liluri
March 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Is Gilly around too?

Gah! I took it for granted that Gilly had filled out the survey because I'd seen her on LHC, didn't mean to leave her out!

Alley Cat
March 13th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Thanks for making me laugh Teesha. :D

Nice to see you Alley Cat. Is Gilly around too?
Thanks KnightsLady nice to see you all too. :)

DecafJane
March 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hooray for Queensland! :)

tiny_teesha
March 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
YAY more of us are here!

Mitzy
March 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
Teesha, there I am, on the first page!! Thanks for the invite, though.

tiny_teesha
March 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
Wow what a quick reply! Yay :)
You are too, sorry i didn't recognise your username and saw you were an aussie, i should have checked first! silly me, that is the second time i did that.... :) sorry!

Liluri
April 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm wondering if all of you are on The Beauty Bottle at all please?

littlemiss
April 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
A big wave from NSW :waving: and hello to all my fellow australians:)

Velvetine
April 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Back again everyone~and hailing from NSW! :)

tiny_teesha
April 7th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I'm pretty sure i recently joined the beauty bottle. I barely go on it though.

Alley Cat
April 7th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I want someone to come and live in Tasmania:taz:

ChocoholicBec
April 7th, 2008, 06:20 AM

XD I love Tasmania, even though I've only been there once. It's the perfect climate for a girl who can't stand summer. I'll come live there one day... Not yet, though! :p

Liluri
April 7th, 2008, 07:10 AM

You had your chance to kidnap Merry when she visited and what did you do? Did you keep her...? nope! :shrug:

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

merry
April 7th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I tried!! :taz:
There are rumours of another audition later this year though, so we may at least get to meet up again... :D

merry
April 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
So we are still looking for Rose_Red, Ali, Rini, Velvetine, merry, KnightsLady, windswept, tameriska, secretmidnight, Nat242, SippyCup, ScarletRubies & Alley Cat off the top of my head :) But there was more than 20 people that did the survey last time so there's heaps I can't remember.

Also found littlemiss, liselle, ChocoholicBec, cosmo__, crystal_89, Fey One, rapunzhell13 through google hope you all make it back to LHC.
We're still waiting for Shadowlee to find this thread too!
Two others I can think of off the top of my head- Kathleen and Amiaow, but I haven't seen them around for ages...

Alley Cat
April 11th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Sorry guys haven't been around for a few days.

XD I love Tasmania, even though I've only been there once. It's the perfect climate for a girl who can't stand summer. I'll come live there one day... Not yet, though! :p
It is perfect if you don't like summer though we do get the odd hot day. :cool:

You had your chance to kidnap Merry when she visited and what did you do? Did you keep her...? nope! :shrug:

:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Darn it I knew I forgot to do something when Merry was here. :doh:

I tried!! :taz:
There are rumours of another audition later this year though, so we may at least get to meet up again... :D
That would be nice. :agree:

tiny_teesha
April 14th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Alley Cat- i have an idea! How about you recruit members, that way no one has to "move".
Like make stickers advertising the site name, and when you see someone with long hair pat their backs while complimenting their hair (while putting the sticker on) and then they will be advertising as well as when they get home they see this sticker saying "lhc.com" and be like..."hmm...."
Maybe....

maybe that is slightly strange.......lol

Alley Cat
April 14th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Alley Cat- i have an idea! How about you recruit members, that way no one has to "move".
Like make stickers advertising the site name, and when you see someone with long hair pat their backs while complimenting their hair (while putting the sticker on) and then they will be advertising as well as when they get home they see this sticker saying "lhc.com" and be like..."hmm...."
Maybe....

maybe that is slightly strange.......lol
Sorry that would be too strange for me. I prefer not to stick out . Thanks for idea though :wink:

tiny_teesha
April 14th, 2008, 04:40 AM
just in case you didn't pick it up......i was kidding! lol. Just want to make sure you knew that!

sunspirit
April 16th, 2008, 04:56 AM
hi, i am from the far north coast of n.s.w. this is a cool thread!

nastasska
April 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Has anybody see Shadowlee about or is she lurking in the shadows;)

Alley Cat
April 17th, 2008, 04:56 AM
just in case you didn't pick it up......i was kidding! lol. Just want to make sure you knew that!
Yes I did realize that. :D

Liluri
April 21st, 2008, 08:38 AM
So I'm wondering if Perthites would be interested in meeting in the near future?

Poppy Seed
April 25th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks to tiny teesha for telling me about this thread...I hadn't really fully got to grips with the old board, and now there's this new one which is wildly different...

Anyway, I'm a Northern Rose (from York, England originally) now in the ACT.

Gilly
May 4th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hi!!

Proudly from NSW!

Sorry it took me so long to turn up here!!

Nice to see you all again :cheese:

BittSweetCherry
May 7th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Hi!!

Proudly from NSW!

Sorry it took me so long to turn up here!!

Nice to see you all again :cheese:

Ettalong Beach?? I'm heading that way in an hour!

nastasska
May 7th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks to tiny teesha for telling me about this thread...I hadn't really fully got to grips with the old board, and now there's this new one which is wildly different...

Anyway, I'm a Northern Rose (from York, England originally) now in the ACT.

We could have a Canberra meet if you fancy:bottomsup:

lilypilly
May 9th, 2008, 06:07 AM
quick hi from me at the Gold Coast! brand newbie to the forums.
good to see so many aussies here.

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Welcome LillyPilly

Poppy Seed
May 13th, 2008, 03:22 AM
We could have a Canberra meet if you fancy:bottomsup:

Yes indeedy!!!

nastasska
May 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Yes indeedy!!!

Fantastic I'll PM you:cheese:

Missie
June 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Western Australia here

Liluri
June 11th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Western Australia here

Welcome Missie great to see and west Aussie here :)

crystal_89
June 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Hi, I finally came back to the new forum... I'm from Brisbane

Seraphina
June 14th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I'm from New South Wales

rapunzhell13
June 21st, 2008, 06:43 AM
QLD born and bred here! :D I'm so pleasantly surprised to see that there are other QLDers up in this joint. We should organise a meet! :cheese:

Liluri
June 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Any Western Australians, I think we are all from Perth, interested in meeting up for coffee on the 5th of July? feel free to PM me I'm thinking of meeting up at the Tea Merchant in Murray Street Mall I'll be there at 10.30am.

Hello, since I've not heard from anyone and Mitzy is out of town and I now have work on this is going to be cancelled! I really hope that if anyone is interested they contact me and we can organise something another time!

tiny_teesha
June 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Poor taz and NT :( lol!!!

Alley Cat
June 25th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Poor taz and NT :( lol!!!

:rolleyes::confused::(:wail:

tiny_teesha
June 25th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry Alley cat- you are all alone, time for recruiting some members! lol

Alley Cat
June 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry Alley cat- you are all alone, time for recruiting some members! lol

I don't really mind. ;)

CrowningGlory
July 13th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Well I probably don't really belong on this thread even if I'm proudly Aussie. Originally from NSW but living in NZ (I married a Kiwi).

tiny_teesha
July 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Shoot, you totally belong here! C'mon NZ is practically Australia....I should have added that in....ops! Sorry my bad!

tiny_teesha
July 20th, 2008, 06:40 AM
So far 41 people have included themselves on the poll, and one person is in NZ, so that was my bad for not including it!!!
42 Australians on the LHC ! WOOT! :) (sorry a bit excited i thought it was more like 5 people at the start!)

totie
August 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'm also proud to be an Aussie girl. LUV my homeland!! oops...NSW girl too.

KiwiLiz
August 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Shoot, you totally belong here! C'mon NZ is practically Australia....I should have added that in....ops! Sorry my bad!

Nuh uh.

I don't think so.

Take it back!! TAKE IT BACK

Or I'll hold this against you forever!

(:P)

tiny_teesha
August 16th, 2008, 07:48 AM
what do you mean? NZ is awesome! It is like Tazzy, almost! :)

nastasska
August 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM

Come on we're bound to amalgamate one day * Austrealand*;)

KiwiLiz
August 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
what do you mean? NZ is awesome! It is like Tazzy, almost! :)

It's not like Tasmania!! We're a separate country! An independent nation!

It's not going to become another state of Australia, Canada will become apart of the USA before that happens, we're doing just fine by ourselves, thank you very much.

You guys just don't understand...

(Seriously though, it won't become apart of Australia, we try to be fiercely independent and even a little bit isolationist. Plus, we don't like your indigenous relations. Or your funny accents. Or the way you call Jandals "thongs". Thongs are underwear.

tiny_teesha
August 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry ok, i take it back!!! And i don't understand, you are right, I'm only like 20 so i don't really know too much about politics nad i don't care much for geograhy so i'm sorry if i offended you in any way- the fault is all mine!

I've never herd the word Jandals in my life! :O And i love your accent, i dn't like mine ... :(

I'm sorry, i guss i just don't know! Is tazmania part of Australia though?? Am i right about that?

Aren;t you in Melbourne KiwiLiz, did you move to here from NZ?

Nat242
August 24th, 2008, 04:57 AM
It's not like Tasmania!! We're a separate country! An independent nation!

It's not going to become another state of Australia, Canada will become apart of the USA before that happens, we're doing just fine by ourselves, thank you very much.

You guys just don't understand...

(Seriously though, it won't become apart of Australia, we try to be fiercely independent and even a little bit isolationist. Plus, we don't like your indigenous relations. Or your funny accents. Or the way you call Jandals "thongs". Thongs are underwear.

LOL! I understand! If a certain old man won another term last November, I was contemplating moving to New Zealand ;)

I'm with you on indigenous relations. We suck.

Teesh, yes, Tasmania is a state of Australia. Australia has many islands and external territories. ;)

KiwiLiz
August 25th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Sorry ok, i take it back!!! And i don't understand, you are right, I'm only like 20 so i don't really know too much about politics nad i don't care much for geograhy so i'm sorry if i offended you in any way- the fault is all mine!

I've never herd the word Jandals in my life! :O And i love your accent, i dn't like mine ... :(

I'm sorry, i guss i just don't know! Is tazmania part of Australia though?? Am i right about that?

Aren;t you in Melbourne KiwiLiz, did you move to here from NZ?

Lol.

"Jandals" is the word "Japanese" and "sandals" put together -Jandals! Because that's what the contemporary version of the shoe we all love came from -Japanese sandals.

Yeah Tasmania's a state. I was just saying we aren't like Tasmania... I hear it a lot... we are actually quite different culturally, but lots of Australians seem to think we're exactly the same as they are.

And yeah, I live in Melbourne :P NZ simply didn't offer the course I decided I wanted to do -plus I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do so I decided on a general visual arts, theatre and writing degree and Melbourne looked like a good place to do it, it's oh-so-arty -it's the second UNESCO City of Literature now, you know! o0o0o0o! But living over here doesn't mean I'm not Kiwi, furiously Kiwi!!

LOL! I understand! If a certain old man won another term last November, I was contemplating moving to New Zealand ;)
Teehehe, I think a lot of people might have up and left... however NZ kind of have the same problem with a certain old woman -it's not her policies or anything that bothers me, it's just that she's been there so LONG and she' gotten far to comfortable, there's just not much progress any more.

tiny_teesha
August 25th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Oh i know for a fact you are culturally different then Tazmania, they do not have an accent anything like yours! And I know there is a Kumata tribal sort dance, where the men stick their tongues out with a scarey face on and shout and slap their legs and stuff. That isn't like tazzy at all. A friend i knew came from there and she said it was hilly and that is all i know about tazzy really!
Ahhh yes, you're doing the art course, i wish i was doing an art course atm :(. Is Melbourne arty? I never knew! Have you been to Hozier lane? I think it is called that i'm not sure on spelling. It has the most amazing grafiti!

Nat242
August 25th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I think I've been there, Teesh! I was in some alley in Melbourne with amazing graffiti - I'll see if I can track down my pics. You're missing out if you're not getting into the art scene in Melbourne...live music, plays, theatre, art galleries! I grew up in Melbourne, and apart from my family and friends, it's the artistic, cultural flair of Melbourne that I miss the most.

(And the coffee. And the food. Okay, I miss a lot. Not the weather, though).

tiny_teesha
August 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
The weather SUCKS!!! But i must admit i avoid the city like the plague...i'm not one for the busy tall atmosphere, it overwhelms me but i have been to a few galleries with school excursions and stuff, so that was alright!
I oddly do like it here....though at times it scares me, the crime rate isn't the best....

rapunzhell13
August 25th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I heart Melbourne!

amiaow
September 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I love Melbourne too, such an excellent place...

I am from Adelaide though, but spend about half of my year working in Brisbane, and in another years time will be a full time Brisbanite!

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Canberra newbie right here!

Neen
November 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for linking me here tiny_teesha :)

tiny_teesha
November 6th, 2008, 06:48 AM
No worries :) I'm just too active on here for my own good!

rapunzhell13
November 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Any Aussies up for a meet? I could do Brisbane or Melbourne. :)

tiny_teesha
November 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
When I get a car I will..... :S

KiwiLiz
November 8th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Any Aussies up for a meet? I could do Brisbane or Melbourne. :)

Melbourne!

Just tram it Teesha :P

nastasska
November 8th, 2008, 02:07 AM
:rollin: All the way to Brisbane!

Nat242
November 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I'm normally in Brisbane, but I'm going to be in Melbourne for some of November and all of December. I'd love to go to a meet, but I don't know how I'd explain it to my family:hmm:

tiny_teesha
November 8th, 2008, 02:34 AM
KiwiLiz - but the longer i wait the more prettiful my hair will look :P
Nat242- haha. Yeh....there's that. Actually my family all know i'm hair obsessed! :) I've "come out" about it i couldn't hide it if i tried!

Shoreditch
November 8th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Queensland here
Townsville xD

Comfrey
November 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Queensland here
Townsville xD

YAY finally someone from Townsville. I was brought up there :cheese:

tiny_teesha
November 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Wow we are really collecting aren't we?! haha

Johanna
January 26th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Currently I'm in queensland moving to the NT in a few weeks. I'm originally a victorian, moved to NSW for a few months in 2008 then to QLD now I'm moving onto NT. Not bad I think, living in 4 states within a year lol.

tiny_teesha
January 26th, 2009, 06:10 AM
wow!!!! How do you do it, and more importantly why? If it is too personal just tell me to butt out and mind my own business! :)

Johanna
January 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Its ok, I'm happy sharing.

When I was living in Victoria, I was in a 3 year defacto relationship that ended very very badly. Since I was living with my ex, I just packed up all my stuff, put it into storage at my grandparents place in Vic and went to my parents in NSW with just the clothes that I could fit into one bag.

While living in NSW I got into contact with old highschool friends that lived in QLD (he is in the army) I went to QLD for a holiday ended up loving it so much I moved there. Which is where I met the most amazing guy, kind hearted, caring and most of all, someone who makes me happy and feel loved.

Since he is also in the army, his posting was up and he got sent to NT, after being in separate states for only 3 weeks he begged me to move to NT to be together....he didnt have to beg for long :D

I can tell you now that everything that I've had to go through to get to this point is well worth all the trouble.

So there is my mini novel lol

tiny_teesha
January 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Awww what a lovely story, thank you for sharing! It's excellent when our hardships are rewarded with something so sweet!

Johanna
January 28th, 2009, 01:52 AM
I'm happy to share :) I'm very excited about whats going on in my life now so I'm more than happy to tell people all about it XD

tiny_teesha
January 30th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Yay!!!
There are a few long hairs in my new course...I'm so tempted to tell them about this sight, but i'm far to scared and shy to say hello let alone construct a sentence which will lead to a freaky stare!!!

Iolanthe
January 31st, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'm in NSW.

stargazer028
March 9th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Im from sydney NSW ..... ;)

spf4214
March 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I'm in WA, from Perth in particular

Milui Elenath
March 13th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hello I live in NSW though I grew up in QLD and still love that State! I didn't realise there were so many Aussies here. YEAH!!:thumbsup:

pocahonta_s
April 7th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone! This is a cool thread. One more for Queensland - I live in Brisbane. I was born in France (I am a bit of a mix) but Australia has been my home for 4 years and I am staying!

Wind Dragon
April 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hello, all. Not originally from Australia and likely :( won't get the chance to go back either, but I did spend a couple of years in Alice Springs as a child and there's a part of me that will always call it home.

Can I be an NT adoptee? :o

ETA: Sorry, didn't mean to crash the party. Please carry on. :oops:

winter_star
April 9th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hello, all. Not originally from Australia and likely :( won't get the chance to go back either, but I did spend a couple of years in Alice Springs as a child and there's a part of me that will always call it home.

Can I be an NT adoptee? :o

ETA: Sorry, didn't mean to crash the party. Please carry on. :oops:

Of course you can be an NT adoptee. There's always room for one more!

I think i've posted here before... but i'm from Sydney too!

Wind Dragon
April 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Of course you can be an NT adoptee. There's always room for one more!

I think i've posted here before... but i'm from Sydney too!

:smooch:
(Wind Dragon <-- pleased all out of proportion at being an honorary Aussie :D)

Dachsdragon
April 10th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Hello fellow Aussies, Im in Queensland.

Flynn
April 24th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Signing in from Sydney, NSW. ^__^ Nice to meet you all.

drquartz1970
May 18th, 2009, 06:38 AM
From the ACT.

Chibbylick
August 31st, 2009, 02:29 AM
Hi all, I'm in Tasmania... guess there are two of us now!
Chibby

3Girls
September 1st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Another Queenslander here!

tiny_teesha
September 2nd, 2009, 03:30 AM
Hey new Aussies to the board, it's nice to see there are more long hairs here! :)

Schnail
September 2nd, 2009, 03:59 AM
Hello fellow Australians (and honourary Australians as well)! I'm from the "heaps good" state of South Australia.

Purplemayden
November 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I'm from Sydney's east,

and long hair is not popular around here .

tiny_teesha
November 12th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Why, my how the numbers are reeling in! When i first started this thread i rememebr it was only 10 people! :) Look at it now!?!?
Welcome newbies!

julliams
November 12th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I'm in Sydney's south, NSW.

Juliette

KatanyaG
November 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Hi there!

I'm from far north Queensland, where it's currently pouring down rain.
I did live in Canberra for two years, but I recently moved back home, and I love it here. :)

Nice to meet you all!

curlywurlygurly
January 16th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hi all,
I'm in Victoria - just out of Melbourne.

The dry summer heat is driving my hair a little crazy, but it's slowly growing - I started from scratch.

I did enjoy a week in queensland and the humidity was a nice change for my hair.

Ballerina_Boo
March 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm from New South Wales. Just returned from living in the states and london for a few years. Soooo good to be back. :)

rabbitsu
March 11th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I'm from Sydney, NSW. It's starting to get so chilly!

Margeaux
March 11th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Sigh, guys - Dutch lady reporting here. I wish I could join this thread - I'm aching to travel to Australia for work/study/play. That is all. :rolleyes:

staranise
March 11th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I'm a Resident of the Hunter Valley, NSW. I'm going to Melbourne for a week soon, hope the weather is better...

Liss
March 11th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I've decided to throw myself into this poll, but not without an arguement... you know, for arguement's sake...

I'm Australian, but I'm not from any state - let's not forget peoples that there are two territories in Australia.

So, without being too neurotic about it all, I'm from the Northern Territory "state", but I haven't lived in Australia for 12 years.

rosek
April 4th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Queensland!
Sunny Brisbane. Well, not so recently.

little_cherry
April 9th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Another Queenslander here! Born in Brisbane and loved to Stanthorpe.
Before anyone asks...yes, I have been apple picking...LOL :D

I married a Canadian and have been in Quebec for 3 ish years.

It's so nice to see so many Aussies!

xladolcevitax
June 2nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Im not Australian (from UK) but recently moved to Perth, WA and I love it here!:)

Great to see so many others on LHC from Oz!

Dragon
June 29th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Im from Qld

Mrs Sgardelis
June 29th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Brisbane girl here! Not in Oz ATM, but will be returning permanently at the end of the year!

rosek
July 10th, 2010, 06:55 AM
There are quite a few of us here from Queensland. I'm very keen for a Brisbane meet, and I've posted a thread in the Community Meet Announcements. You'll need 100 posts and 2 months to access it.

FrozenPrincess
July 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Add one more for the fast moving city of Perth:p

Charlotte
July 11th, 2010, 04:05 AM
There are quite a few of us here from Queensland. I'm very keen for a Brisbane meet, and I've posted a thread in the Community Meet Announcements. You'll need 100 posts and 2 months to access it.

What a great idea rosek! It seems that there are a few Queenslanders on LHC and a Meet would be excellent! :D I sometimes find myself looking at someone with long hair and wondering if they are a member, heh heh. :p :blossom:

Barniie
July 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Go ACT all the way!!

dayonea
July 11th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Wimmera Victoria...in the middle of no where right on the edge of the big desert wilderness:D

Smeraagda
July 27th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I am from NSW but have been living in Melbourne Victoria for the last 4.5 years.

poloandpearls
August 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Currently living in Southport, but I miss Brisbane (where I lived my whole life until moving here for uni last year) & hope to move to Melbourne in about four years' time :)

Dragon
September 13th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Im from QLD.

Jellik
October 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Melbourne here :)

Hana212
October 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Melbourne - born and bred!

RadiantNeedle
November 2nd, 2010, 12:21 AM
Tasmanian living in Victoria!

just_ace
November 18th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Melbourne :)

Adiva
November 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm from New South Wales *Waves*

pastel_cloud
November 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Victoria for the moment

Nephele
May 10th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Another Queenslander here!

discoisntdead
July 19th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Perth. It's boring here.

Poppy Seed
July 19th, 2011, 09:10 PM
ACT...

If a Brisbane meet were to be organised far enough in advance I'd try to get there though (any excuse, right? and it's only a couple of hours on the plane).

candlesandfish
August 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Adelaide :) I know there are other longhairs here - I'd love to meet up with some sometime :)

blondecat
August 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Adelaide :) I know there are other longhairs here - I'd love to meet up with some sometime :)

I'm an hr from Adelaide, in the Barossa. I could meet up with you sometime. :)

Vercelli
August 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I am not Australian but IN Australia and would love to meet up with lovely long-haired folks one day. I am based in Melbourne.:eyebrows:

freyas
October 10th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I am normally a Sydney-sider but am currently living on Christmas Island, so WA it is!

I doubt there are any other longhairs on the island.

Kaeita
October 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'm in central Queensland these days, originally from NSW, and went to uni in ACT.

kamikaze hair
October 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
ADELAIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (woohoo! go Adelaide) :)

Black.cat
October 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I'm in Tas, Launceston, originally from Hobart. ChibbyLick and Alley Cat where are you?

ylime
November 2nd, 2011, 06:05 AM
Melbourne!! finally I found an Aussie thread :)

whiterabbitz
December 27th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Yay... just made QLD 35 to NSW's 34... a challenge for the blues ;)

saintleaken
December 27th, 2011, 02:26 AM
35 all from a Novocastrian (moved all the way from Cessnock 50 years ago)

Revontuletar
December 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM

I'm a Novocastrian too, although I live a bit closer to Maitland these days :D

whiterabbitz
December 28th, 2011, 02:52 AM

My friend grew up in Cessnock!

Littlewing13
January 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm a Sydney gal :D

Littlewing13
January 16th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Sydney! yay!

naopll10
February 21st, 2014, 02:10 PM
Queensland:) love it:)

Tini'sNewHair
February 21st, 2014, 02:29 PM
Heyaaaaassss NSW here in the Blue Mountains :D

CaitlinM
May 5th, 2014, 07:40 PM
From Melbourne, Victoria here.

Crystawni
May 7th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Queenslander here. Originally from South Australia. :)

sheepish
August 22nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Canberran (ACT) here, but originally from NZ. :)

Lizskyhi
September 7th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Queensland here. I hope this site isnt like being back at school - got ignored there too!

blondecat
September 7th, 2016, 04:47 AM
im Aussie, took me by surprise when I seen this notification. its a 2 yrs old post

Lizskyhi
September 8th, 2016, 12:05 AM
OH My Gosh!!! HAHA i already joined that group too. No, the aussie group was exactly what i was thinking, i'm just a loony!!!
THANKS! haha

Hi all. Liz in Queensland here. Just reading posts and hoping to find other Qld-ers & mature ladies to chat with about hair etc. Good idea about an all Aussie group/site. Are there any btw??

Tosca
September 9th, 2016, 04:57 AM
I think Crystawni is in Brisbane. I'm in NSW myself.

Crystawni
September 10th, 2016, 03:44 AM
:waving: At the moment I'm near Brissy, but hubs and I haven't settled anywhere in particular since moving down from just north of Cairns a few months ago. His work is all over the place, so instead of him always working away for weeks at a time, we're together in travel mode for a while.

Oh, and I may be going grey, but as for being mature... Nevah!!! :wigtongue

lucy.kate1994
September 12th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Tassie!! :D

Shame there aren't many of us on here

Sparklecake
September 18th, 2016, 04:26 AM
NSW here, wish there were more of us :)

Crystawni
September 20th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Great to see some more Aussies popping in! I've just driven 1700+km in 2 days--back to Cairns I be with a nice driver's "tan" (sunburn, and it's ouchie). Winter is now a distant memory. :p

jlau1827
September 28th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Surprised to see quite a few Australians here!
Checking in from Victoria myself :)

Sarez
May 23rd, 2018, 05:27 AM
Brissy gal here :)

LittleHealthy
July 16th, 2018, 04:09 AM
Hello from Tasmaniaaaa

Crystawni
July 16th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Hiya to some more southerners! I hope winter isn't chilling you too much. :sun:

MissMuse
July 16th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Hello from North Qld 🌞

Saige
July 18th, 2018, 12:40 AM
I'm from NSW :D

Kaoria
July 19th, 2018, 02:12 AM
Sydneysider here

sidhartha2004
August 20th, 2019, 11:52 PM
I am from Melbourne, Victoria

Crystawni
August 21st, 2019, 12:21 AM
Now 2700km south of the neverending summery heat of Cairns (four days on the outback roads) in northern Victoria across the river from a town full of cows that formed from a sheep station. :bull:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Shepparton_cow_parade.jpg

It's kinda like a homecoming living in a river district that's linked to where I grew up to the west of here in country SA. I'm even enjoying the fresh, crisp winter air and spindly, snoozing landscape that's getting ready to bloom very soon.

Bat
January 8th, 2021, 04:15 PM
I'm from New Zealand originally, was briefly in Sydney for 6 months. But now I'm in QLD have been for about 10 years I want to move somewhere cooler!

Jools69
April 25th, 2021, 02:26 AM
I’m from Queensland (Brisbane) and now living in the UK. I do pop over every few years to visit family and friends in QLD and NSW. I do miss the beaches, huge Aussie burgers and sometimes the weather. What I don’t miss are the large flying cockroaches, big hairy spiders, mosquitoes and the sweltering humid heat during the summer months.

Bat
May 17th, 2021, 05:03 PM
I’m from Queensland (Brisbane) and now living in the UK. I do pop over every few years to visit family and friends in QLD and NSW. I do miss the beaches, huge Aussie burgers and sometimes the weather. What I don’t miss are the large flying cockroaches, big hairy spiders, mosquitoes and the sweltering humid heat during the summer months.

Amen to that! February is the worst month in Brisbane!