PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen sooner or later

Michiru
May 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
At least they're honest

http://fusionanomaly.net/hairhackers.jpg

GlennaGirl
May 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
OMG! Who would go to a place with that name even if he or she didn't mind getting inches taken off? I guess it's a play on words but even that doesn't quite fit...computers and hair? The Marketing Department was asleep on this one...........

SheWolf
May 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I like a business with a sense of humor. :)

Juneii
May 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Glenna Girl - they meant "hackers" as in hacking hair aka chopping/cutting it off :]
that's pretty funny though it makes me shudder a bit..

Flynn
May 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'd go there. They clearly don't take themselves to seriously, unlike many hairdressers.

GlennaGirl
May 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'd go there. They clearly don't take themselves to seriously, unlike many hairdressers.

I always feel bad when people say things like this (bad for experiences one may have had)...I may just be lucky but I honestly can't ever recall, from teenagehood onward, ever going in for a certain cut and coming out with anything drastically different, or encountering a stylist who thought he or she knew better than I, or anything like that.

As a much younger person, I DID frequently come out with very bad, very short hair, but only because my mother was whispering in the stylist's ear against my wishes.

I don't know...I think I'm lucky! No matter where I go, from SuperCuts on up to Le Snooty for $85 plus tip, I pretty much get what I ask for. (shrug)

THIS place, though...from the kinda-sorta joke to just, I don't know, the looks of this...seriously, I'd just do it myself first...oh yeah, that's what I do nowadays! :cheese:

Flynn
May 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
It just really ticks me off when the hairdresser "knows best", though it was mostly when I had short hair. I'd take pictures -- usually sketches -- to show them, and explain in excruciating detail what I wanted, and an argument would always ensue, because what I was asking for "would not suit me". I never caved to what he thought was best, and, other than the one time he gelled my hair into a fauxhawk when he was done, he always admitted afterward that I'd actually been right. He was very good, though, which is why I persisted, and once he caved, he was always very accurate and faithful to what I asked for.

Since I've grown it out, though, trimming into a simple u-shape is always "so far beneath a stylist like moi!" (haven't been back to the guy who did my hair when it was short; he got too expensive. Hence the long hair.) So, I've given up on salons. Barbers are very good at a simple u-shaped hemline, and always cut off exactly the right amount. XD

Carolyn
May 23rd, 2009, 12:29 AM
That's pretty funny really. I'd be running the other way if I saw that name. There is a local salon called "Short Cuts Salon". I would never darken their door. The name is too scary. I remember one from years ago called "The Rape of the Lock". Did they think that would entice customers?

RancheroTheBee
May 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I think my favorite is "Curl Up And Dye".

Aditi
May 23rd, 2009, 01:41 AM
I think my favorite is "Curl Up And Dye".
Lol that really is very funny :D.

GlennaGirl
May 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
It just really ticks me off when the hairdresser "knows best"

Oh, I agree, and there is absolutely nothing to say that these people wouldn't also think they knew best... ;) and, as the sign says...hack away. :p

As for "Curl Up and Dye," listed below, that one IS funny. It has an irony and a double-meaning. That place I probably would visit, LOL. I'd just have to, to say I did.

GlennaGirl
May 23rd, 2009, 01:53 AM
That's pretty funny really. I'd be running the other way if I saw that name. There is a local salon called "Short Cuts Salon". I would never darken their door. The name is too scary. I remember one from years ago called "The Rape of the Lock". Did they think that would entice customers?

OMG. There is a place right down the street from me called Cutters. And heaven forgive me but all I can think every single time I see that sign is that psychological condition where people...cut. I hope that doesn't hurt or trigger anyone. It just weirds me out a little, though if I didn't want to cut my own hair and this were the only place left on earth after the Apocalypse sure, I'd go to there. :D But...well...ewwwwwwww. Marketing, paging Marketing...you're all fired! LOL.

GoddesJourney
May 23rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
The first thought that came to my mind was "computer nerd haircuts". That's just me. Anyway, I thought it was cute. It's probably a nice manly barbershop where guys can avoid sounding like they're going to the hairdresser. Appreciate the sense of humor whatever their purpose. That's funny.

Bunnyhare
May 23rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
I have a "Curl up and Dye" in my town too and it makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time! I was always hacked when I used to cut my hair..I feel the same way about "hair dressers" as most folks do about the dentist!:eyebrows: and as a dental assisitant I always used that as an ice breaker!

GlassEyes
May 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
xD Curl up and Die.

Hair salons have some pretty funny/god awful names. I'm glad my stepmother's isn't.

ShoshanUhura
May 24th, 2009, 03:07 PM
When I was 14, a friend of the family paid for my bi-weekly visits to a hair salon called... (wait for it....) "Jesus Christ and Us."

I. Kid. You. Not.

Don't get me wrong, I love church people, and I think it's nice to have your own business where you can freely express your beliefs and play loud gospel music all day long because your clients *obviously* know what to expect when they see that HUGE sign on the front.

But I still thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard/seen. Especially when they answer the phone - they all talk hard and fast, like "JESUS-CHRIST-AND-US!"

And, yes, every single time I went there, my hair got baptized in chemicals and cut assunder, lol :D

Eryka
May 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
There was this placed called "The Best Little Hair House", as opposed to "The Best Little Whore House"

I always thought it was funny :shrug:

GlassEyes
May 25th, 2009, 10:49 AM
There was this placed called "The Best Little Hair House", as opposed to "The Best Little Whore House"

I always thought it was funny :shrug:
XD; That's pretty funny.