PDA

View Full Version : Came oh so close to cutting

BrianaFineHair
May 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Two weeks ago I made an impulsive stop at my hair dresser and told her I felt like I looked haggard with my stringy hair and wanted to go back to my jaw length inverted bob. She surprised me by telling me she really did not want to do that, because I've been growing it for so long and she was so impressed. She talked me into a body wave instead. Well, the results freaked me out so I washed washed washed that same night. I actually like it now though and wish I would not have washed it so soon. That was a close call! Now, I just hope I did not damage my hair with this body wave. I'm babying it and oiling it weekly.

Lesson: stop being so impulsive
Blessing: a good hair dresser that was not so quick to chop :)

Sasha_S
May 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Ohh, near miss there!
I'm really impulsive with my hair too :( Maybe we should start a support group?
x

Garnet66
May 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Whew! That was a close one. Thank goodness you have a nice hairdresser. I'm glad you like your body wave.

RancheroTheBee
May 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
That was very nice of her, actually, being so considerate. :) Keep her!

embee
May 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Remember, the SC summer is coming. You'll want to be able to put your hair up. ;)

I never could keep a body wave (or any other kind) but always wanted one.

Sounds like your hairdresser is keeper.

BrianaFineHair
May 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
She is a keeper :)

My focus now is to keep my hair healthy. I realize that the body wave may not have been the best thing (as far as health) for my hair, so now I'm going to just let it air dry and baby it.

Yes, embee, I'll be putting it up a lot in the upcoming months!

redneckprincess
May 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Good job I wish I wasnt so impulsive about my hair, maybe next time I wont be thanks to all the LHC support I have been getting ♥

AlisaB
May 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I definitely agree with keeping your hair dresser! Hopefully your hair stays nice and silky :)

BrianaFineHair
May 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Question, am I going to have to do dusting trims until the entire body wave is eventually out? That would take years, or will it eventually relax out? Does a body wave stay with the hair or does it eventually "come out"?

Because I washed it the same day I got the wave (3 times with ultra swim shampoo - another impulsive move on my part because I was totally freaked out over what I did), it seems now some areas are wavier than other areas. This has become more noticeable in the last few days - it looks a mess if I let it air dry, but I do NOT want to touch it with a blow dryer either.

One good thing - it is very soft and does not appear damaged in any way. I've been air drying and oiling.

Please, words of encouragement so that I will not break down and cut it. I just don't know what to do with it. Tell me, what would you do? When my hair is ugly, I feel ugly.

Blue Willow
May 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Just be patient and realize this feeling will pass, we all go through it here and there.. Why not try styling it differently? Buy an awesome hairstick and wear your hair up for awhile. Play with parting it differently, poofing it up in the front and clipping, wearing it a french braid or a french twist, try several and youll see how awesome it is to have hair long enough to look a little different every day..Also try finding a new lipstick/eyeshadow..go to a MAC counter and have them do your makeup..A little pampering can go a long way towards relaxing you and giving you some ideas of kicking it up a notch when youre in the mood

Debra83
May 26th, 2009, 11:12 PM
PUT IT UP!!! PUT IT UP!!!! If you're not liking it at the moment, PUT IT UP!!!! Don't cut it, perm it, straighten it, colour it, or relax it!!! PUT IT UP until the end of summer, and then see how you feel!!!! DON'T CUT....PUT IT UP!!!!!

Hey, I should go into the slogan business.... :D

BrianaFineHair
May 27th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Blue Willow, I like your idea! I'll be out today and I'll do just that :) I think I'm due for some hair accessories too. :) Thank you for the encouragement!

GlassEyes
May 27th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Whether or not it'll fall out depends on the hair. Since you say your hair si fine, it's likely it may fall out in time.

But otherwise, it could stay until it's cut off.

BrianaFineHair
May 27th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Debra83, you should go into the slogan business! =]

I definitely won't be doing anything chemical-wise again. I don't like the way it looks down right now, so my only option is up, and like Blue Willow said, maybe something new will provide the extra boost I need. :)