PDA

View Full Version : Snapping sounds?

iluvmy67cuda
April 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I already started a thread about my broken hair problem. What im wondering now, is, when i comb my hair, even just finger combing, i hear snapping sounds (which is obviously hair breaking), but why is it doing that? Im SO careful. Is my hair lacking something? WTF? LOL Its always something with my hair!

MissHair
April 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have the same issue. Just having damp hair and barley touching it with my fingers and I hear snapping sounds. Does it really break off because I never see or feel any shedding? Im wondering what I can do to prevent damage, it seems like I cant.. I try to make sure to detangle it like 28464 times when I wash my hair so that I dont have to detangle it with my fingers when its damp because thats usually when it snaps.

HairColoredHair
April 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Moisture would be my guess... either in the hair (making it actually snap and break)... or the air... Making static shocks...

jojo
April 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM
mine does this too, might not always be snapping hair but could be static. my reasons to why i think it may be static are my hair is fine and i only hear this sound on clean hair, just a thought as i have no breakage in my hair.

sapphire-o
April 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I don't think the snapping sound always mean breakage. It could simply be hair being detangled. I hear snapping noises sometimes when I comb my hair, yet I didn't see any broken hair. All my shed hair have roots.

spidermom
April 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Since you hear snapping when you're barely touching it, I would guess that what you are hearing is static, not breaking hairs. Hairs can be fragile, but not that fragile, unless bleached or permed 3/4 to death.

Flaxen
April 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I have noticed that hairs can actually make a popping sound if they are pulled out of a follicle. The bulbs are always white, so that tells me that they were near to shedding anyway.

Lizbot
April 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Oh! It's likely it's just static. Just continue being careful. ;)