PDA

View Full Version : I did something a bit crazy (pics inside)

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
So anyone who reads my blog probably knows I've been feeling a bit down of late. Well, last night I discovered I had more money than I thought and I decided it was time for a change and thought this might cheer me up.

I took myself to the salon and got a cut and colour. And I have to say, I love it. I think I look ridiculously freakin adorable.

So here are the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Photo20.jpg

I really loved this length when I was growing my hair out and I'm so glad to be back to it. Wash and go, yay! With a round brush I can make my hair flick with no issues whatsoever, I used to do it all the time and now I can again. And no more being strangled with my own hair whilst I sleep. Yay! :)

Before anyone asks, yes the cut was inspired by Alice Cullen. :)

Aisha25
May 22nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
:agape: hmmm I am thinking these remind me of something :hmm: will be back in a minute

Euphony
May 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
You do look ridiculously freaking adorable!

You are able to really pull off any length. When your hair was very long you and your hair were gorgeous. When you cut it off before I thought you were so adorable. This color and cut is ridiculously freaking adorable on you!

Are you feeling better sweetie? I know you've been having a hard haul lately.

Xandergrammy
May 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
You're absolutely right, Pegs... You DO look ridiculously freakin adorable. :joy: You're still going to hang around with us, though, right? :smooch:

Aisha25
May 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Ok I am back. I was thinking these were just older pics but if you did cut it, :shocked: wow!!! It does make you look really cute;)

Garnet66
May 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
I love the new cut and color. It looks so good on you. You're lucky that you can wear long or short hair and look fabulous.

wintersun99
May 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
I see streaks of red! To be honest, I'm not sure if I should take it serious or if you got yourself a really fun wig :D

Either way though, it is adorable and freakin' fabulous!

I am glad to read you are feeling better! :)

amaiaisabella
May 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
I love you with short hair! I think I even like it better than the long... very Alice from Twilight :D

Unofficial_Rose
May 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
I think it looks great and suits your bone-structure really well.

Also, I do think the colour is good!

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Wintersun: I can see the red you're talking about, that's from shadow and the fact that I shot those pics with my laptops webcam.

I'm so glad you guys like the cut. It's not as short as my last chop was but I think it's adorable! :) It was exactly what I wanted and I'd been thinking about it for a while.

MandaMom2Three
May 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
:D OMFreakinGoodness!!!!! THat is so incredibly CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Darscilla
May 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
WOw!!1! You look edgy and elegant all at the same time, and the colour suits your skin tone perfectly.
And thanks for the bonus drool over Orlando Bloom! :eyebrows:

wintersun99
May 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
In that case... two thumbs up for a fabulous style that totally seems to fit you! :rockerdud

Periwinkle
May 22nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Wow! That looks absolutely stunning!! I'd go out and get the same done right this minute if I didn't know it would look :silly: on me.

Unofficial_Rose
May 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wow! That looks absolutely stunning!! I'd go out and get the same done right this minute if I didn't know it would look :silly: on me.

My thoughts exactly! It does show that it's not *all* about the length, doesn't it? (Even if this is an heretical announcement :p)

Ryanne
May 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
It really suits you. The colour looks great too.

kdaniels8811
May 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Very very cute. The style fits your face very well, I love it!

ChatoyantLocks
May 22nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm normally a long hair evangelist, but that is an absolutely adorable hair cut!

OhioLisa
May 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
I LOVE it! I hate to overuse the word adorable... but that is the word best suited for it. It suits you so well, you pretty gal. ;)

kimberlily
May 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
I love it, Pegs! It makes you look like a pixie :)

Unzadi
May 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, Pegs, you really can pull off any style and color. Looks gorgeous!

GoddesJourney
May 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
If I looked good with short hair, I would do it too. You do look cute. What a way to boost your self-image!

EllisGurl
May 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
joining the :thudpile: You look freaking great!!!

redneckprincess
May 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
absoutly adorible, great color great cut, I love it!! ♥ suites you very well

teela1978
May 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Cute!!!!! (although I was kinda hoping for another rogue streak when I came to this thread :))

lora410
May 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
It definitely suites you :agree:

marialena
May 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Very nice hair cut and color though it seems you've changed rather fast your mind about your hair length.. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=587148&postcount=34) :)

Rohele
May 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
You look so cute! The cut looks really good on you. :)

Zombiekins
May 22nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
I love it!! I wish my face had that same delicate shape to pull it off!

Anje
May 22nd, 2009, 10:42 AM
OK, you do look freaking adorable. (Of course, you do anyway!)

However, I'm waiting for you to say "May fool!" and take off the wig.

magpielaura
May 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hey - you really have the features to pull off that kind of style! It looks quite elfin.

(is it real? I promise I won't tell)

Lamb
May 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
That's really cute! You have the right face for a short cut, you look so elfine and delicate with it. :)

Misha
May 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
That length and style looks so nice on you! Enjoy your new look.

Maelyssa
May 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
This is a BEAUTIFUL cut! If I was going to go short I'd be sooo envious of this style...you are so rockin it. :D

kwaniesiam
May 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Adorable ;) VERY Alice Cullen!

RancheroTheBee
May 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
This cut and color looks absolutely amazing on you! :cheese: Good choice.

Elphie
May 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Absolutely cute enough to give me short-hair envy. Super cut :-)

maskedrose
May 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
I LOVE it!! You know, I was just looking through your albums the other day and came across your black pixie and thought it looked awesome on you. I just think this suits you perfectly :D

Islandgrrl
May 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Are you just the cutest thing ever!!! YES!!!

Pegs, you look fabulous. :D

Nightshade
May 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
God damn, Pegs, you look GREAT!

If I wasn't heterosexual and married and in another half of the planet you'd be in trouble :eyebrows: :lol:

enfys
May 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Aww Pegs that looks great on you! I bet it's given you a massive boost.

You're still coming here to play, right?

GlassEyes
May 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM

If I wasn't heterosexual and married and in another half of the planet you'd be in trouble :eyebrows: :lol:

Dittoe'd, 'cept with homosexual in place of heterosexual. XD

eadwine
May 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
If this is for real or not.. if it isn't, I would make it real. It looks SO much better on you than the red hair and all!

MuzicalH3rb
May 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
I think it's really super cute!

Pixna
May 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
I agree with what everyone has said. The color and style do really suit you, Pegs. The dark color goes perfectly with your fair skin and dark eyes (much better than the red!). Glad it's easy to care for, too!

jeno
May 22nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
You are very very cute!

Sasha_S
May 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Aww, you look so pretty! Also, septum love! <3
x

Nightshade
May 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Dittoe'd, 'cept with homosexual in place of heterosexual. XD

When did you get married, GlassEyes? :p

bunnii
May 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
I think you look cute pegs, if I wasn't bi and in the same country as you... hold on :p (I didn't want to be left out there hehe)

Seriously looks lovely like anime cute! :D

DarkChocolate
May 22nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
It is a cute cut:)
I love the black hair on you too:)

RavennaNight
May 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Wow! The cut suits you really well and you look reallly adorable!

Peter
May 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Oh it looks wonderful! :)

ClareDee
May 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cute cut! :thumbsup: It does suit you - you have a small dainty face which lends itself to pixie-ness. Glad you're pleased :)

Merlin
May 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
It looks gorgeous on you - go out and pull... ;-)

utdesertrunner
May 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
You do look adorable!

bahannas
May 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
THE cutest short haircut I have ever seen! :D

Tap Dancer
May 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
It looks great! I left a comment in your blog. :)

Wind Dragon
May 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
<sigh>

Pegs, you would look ridiculously freakin adorable with your head shaved, if you still had that impish look on your face.

But yeah, I think the black suits you a bit better than the red. :flowers:

melrose1985
May 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
That looks really great on you!!! Some days I want to change mine too!

Nightshade
May 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Okay, I have to admit I saved your pics. I always told myself that if I ever cut short, that's how I'd do it. And that's the best execution of that style I've ever seen!

jojo
May 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
That is a great cut on you and glad its helped raise your spirits!

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM

Trouble, ehh?

Aww Pegs that looks great on you! I bet it's given you a massive boost.

You're still coming here to play, right?

Of course I'm still coming to play! Wild horses couldn't keep me away.

I'm really glad you all like it, I was worried people would freak out over it a bit. :lol:

Delilah
May 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
I still think it has to be a trick... or a wig or something.
Looks cute, whatever it is.
I just got the feeling from your posts you were very committed to long hair.

cuddledumplin
May 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
That's really cute. The colour really brings out your eyes.

longhairedfairy
May 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Well, whether it's real or not, it looks insanely adorable! When I saw Twilight I thought that actress is one of the few people who can pull that style off and look really great. Apparently you're another one! You look HOT!

enfys
May 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM

Yeah, I think the same think. I've re-read the first post a few times to see if there's some subliminal word trickery in there.

I can't see any though :confused:

Canarygirl
May 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
I lilke the look and I think it really suits you. Very playful and fun, too. :D

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
I can't believe some of you guys think it's a wig, wtf?

I guess I kind of realised how fast my hair was growing and decided... sod it. It'll always grow long again if I want it to. :)

akurah
May 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM

This isn't the first time Pegs has chopped. When I joined here, she had.. I think tailbone length hair. Sometime last year, she chopped to pixie.

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
This isn't the first time Pegs has chopped. When I joined here, she had.. I think tailbone length hair. Sometime last year, she chopped to pixie.

It was hips and I chopped 2 years ago, but close enough.

I tend to do these things on a whim. :D

GlennaGirl
May 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
WHOA. That is GORGEOUS. Holy guacamole. That totally suits you. The length is cute, but the color, DEFINITELY. What a great look.

enfys
May 22nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
See, some people said about looking at older pics in your albums, but all I saw was the anime album. Am I missing something here?

So it's definately not a joke? Promise? Ok I believe you. :p

Delilah
May 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM

Yup, I remember it. I've been here 3 years.
I totally think it's cute... but I still think it might be a trick.

manderly
May 22nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
I'm gonna say it.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. :tongue:

If not, it does look really adorable on you :D

curls2grow
May 22nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Pegs, you look great with your new cut! Enjoy it! :)

NeilTheFuzz
May 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
OOOOoooooo. Preetty! You look lovely hun and it's great you love it. Maybe it was time for a change. Watch out for the boys ;)

Tornerose
May 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Oh that looks really good on you. ou are pretty enough to get away with almost anything on your head

GlassEyes
May 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
When did you get married, GlassEyes? :p
...the sentiment was ditto'ed. xDDDDDD

And the ceremony was last week. I sent you an invite, but you never RSVP'ed. T________T

Also, yeah, it's real. xD

zift
May 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Although I believe your long hair was prettier you look good with the new cut too. I think you're really pretty and will look nice with any hairstyle, what's important is that you like it:) :flower:

Delilah
May 22nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I apologize, I've seen proof.
It's really adorable.

Nyghtingale
May 22nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
That is the most fantastic look for you! The cut and color are so flattering. /envy

SheWolf
May 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
I love it. It's soft and edgy at once, the color emphasizes your complexion, you have fantastic features and a beautiful neck that are now in the spotlight, this is a great look for you, wow!! :D

DolphinPrincess
May 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Love it Pegs! I wish I could pull it off!

Did anyone else notice the pics are reversed? The words on the posters are backwards. :p

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Love it Pegs! I wish I could pull it off!

Did anyone else notice the pics are reversed? The words on the posters are backwards. :p

I took them with my webcam and I think it does that automatically, hahaha! I'd never noticed before. Whoops. XD

Sapphire'sWings
May 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
What? I didn't see this thread until now! I can't believe you didn't even tell me about this surprise cut!

It looks so cute too! Adorable! I think black is your color after all. ;)

wackyredtangles
May 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I agree with everyone. You look awesome. You're so pretty. =)

And I know this might get me kicked off the boards and possibly burned as a heretics, but I think short hair is very cute on some people. If I could pull off your look without looking like a french poodle I would totally go for it.

DecafJane
May 22nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Pegs, that is a lovely cut - very feminine, and it suits you. :)

DolphinPrincess
May 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
I took them with my webcam and I think it does that automatically, hahaha! I'd never noticed before. Whoops. XD

Haha, I just thought it was funny. I notice things like that though. ;)

Fifty-Five
May 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hmm, I can't say I like it, but the most important thing is being happy. If this makes you happy, then good! People spend too much time pleasing the masses these days o.o

crystal_89
May 22nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Awww! Your haircut is so cute... I was thinking of getting Alice hair a few months ago too, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. It looks great on you.

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Hmm, I can't say I like it

It's times like this that I think we all should listen to the wise words of Thumper: If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all!

GlennaGirl
May 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Awww! Your haircut is so cute... I was thinking of getting Alice hair a few months ago too, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. It looks great on you.

I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but can I ask what Alice hair is?

Pegasus Marsters
May 22nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but can I ask what Alice hair is?

Alice as in Alice Cullen from Twilight, who totally inspired my new style. ^.^

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/blogs/my_life_as_a_scooter/Alice-alice-cullen-3315150-300-400.jpg

GlennaGirl
May 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Alice as in Alice Cullen from Twilight, who totally inspired my new style. ^.^

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/blogs/my_life_as_a_scooter/Alice-alice-cullen-3315150-300-400.jpg

Wow. Okay, that's something my hair would NEVER do, LOL. No can of Aquanet could possibly be big enough. But wow, what a very cool style.

Tap Dancer
May 23rd, 2009, 03:48 AM
Hmm, I can't say I like it

It's times like this that I think we all should listen to the wise words of Thumper: If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all!

Hmm, I got a few similar comments when I cut my hair two years ago. But who cares? My razored hair was cool, dammit! :p So is yours. :grin:

Almandine
May 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Oh, I love it. Very cute indeed! It suits your face.

Aditi
May 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM
OK, you do look freaking adorable. (Of course, you do anyway!)

However, I'm waiting for you to say "May fool!" and take off the wig.
He he.....same here. But i hope this new haircut is making you feel better.

Amoretti
May 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
You look freaking ADORABLE!!!!!!! :cheese: It's perfect for you!!! :crush:

jel
May 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
Hmm, I can't say I like it, but the most important thing is being happy. If this makes you happy, then good! People spend too much time pleasing the masses these days o.o

But he did say something nice, you just didn't quote that part. :shrug: As to expressing your opinion and taste in a public forum, in a respectful way, when has that become a problem? Especially a preference for long hair on a Long Hair Community board?

Chrissy
May 23rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
It was hips and I chopped 2 years ago, but close enough.

I tend to do these things on a whim. :D

I think you look great. You can wear your hair any style and look good. I was wondering if you could make a montage of your hair styles over the years and post it here. I think that would be fun to see. What do you think? I too remember when it was really long.

JessTheMess
May 23rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
Awe Pegs I like it!!!! It's very "you" It's fun, it's funky and it fits your face beautifully. I really like the darker color on you as well. I am glad that the cut picked your spirits up a bit.

magpielaura
May 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I had no idea who or what alice cullen was.... But now I've seen a picture I have to say that pegs looks way better than she does with that style. If I had known what the style was before and someone said they were getting it I would have thought they were nuts, but Pegs has the right features for it.:)

Carolyn
May 23rd, 2009, 07:27 AM
You're right! It is freakin' adorable! I'm glad you love it. You are fortunate to be one of those who looks good in either long or short. So why not enjoy both?

NiAosSi
May 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
It's so adorable on you! It looks every bit like Alice Cullen! :cheer:

Caldonia Sun
May 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
That fits your face so perfectly! Very cute.

Speckla
May 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Very cute!

TammySue
May 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Pegs, I love it! :inlove:

Darkhorse1
May 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
How do you get it to flip out like that? A friend of mine has her hair a bit shorter and hers is naturally curly. She's trying to figure out products that will do that without leaving residue/gunk in her hair. :)

Love the cut--the color looks a bit dark for your skin, but I'm wondering if that's due to the lighting of the photo and not accurate for us to see.

I'm still thinking this may be a wig.....and even if it is or isn't, doesn't it feel great when your hair feels new? :) :D

Nyghtingale
May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
I like it better on you than on Alice, lol.

LutraLutra
May 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Like everyone else says, you look great, it really suits you. :)

invisiblebabe
May 23rd, 2009, 02:07 PM

Me too. :thumbsup:

Jessikinz
May 23rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
You pulled it off very well! You are so lucky to be able to look that amazingly gorgeous with long or short hair.

mellie
May 23rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Looks totally cute!! Heck yeah!

manderly
May 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
How do you get it to flip out like that? A friend of mine has her hair a bit shorter and hers is naturally curly. She's trying to figure out products that will do that without leaving residue/gunk in her hair. :)

Love the cut--the color looks a bit dark for your skin, but I'm wondering if that's due to the lighting of the photo and not accurate for us to see.

I'm still thinking this may be a wig.....and even if it is or isn't, doesn't it feel great when your hair feels new? :) :D

I had a similar haircut a couple years before I decided to grow. I used hair paste or wax to style it into those cute sticky-outie bits. :)

eresh
May 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
This colour and cut really compliments your face!
It gives you a bit of a cheeky look too hihihi

Both long and short look good on you

MountainGypsy
May 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Beautiful! This is a great look! I have always loved that type of hairstyle, but it could never work with all my curls so I'll just admire it on you!

MAO
May 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I have to agree with you Pegs, it looks awesome! It really suits you.:)

az_sweetie01
May 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM

Agreed :D! I love it, you have the perfect features to pull it off!

Teazel
May 24th, 2009, 12:38 AM
It looks great on you! :thumbsup:

Arctic_Mama
May 24th, 2009, 01:16 AM
It's super cute!

Delilah
May 24th, 2009, 01:26 AM

It's really hard to do without some buildup. When I had hair similar to that I abused it to get it to flip and fluff like that, and used clarifying shampoo almost daily.
I blow dried it with a round brush and a ton of mousse (and a shot of hairspray in the back part) then once it was dry I loaded it with bedhead wax and twisted and spiked it as I liked, sometimes hitting it with the blowdrier and round brush again to make the wax pliable and get the flip right. Sometimes I used a curling iron in addition to all of that.
Did I mention I also bleached it myself with 40 volume peroxide which I blow-dried in to accelerate the bleaching before dying it ruby red?

Are you all cringing yet?

Cricket1
May 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM
your hair does look super cute now. but it looks cute either way!

Clarita
May 24th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Very cool! If I had straight hair I'd be very tempted to get this cut. :)

Iylivarae
May 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Wow, that is a great hairstyle! (too bad I don't look good at all with shorter hair... )

Isilme
May 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
this style looks great! Just like I imagined Alice Cullen from the books, I think the movie version of the hairstyle was a disaster. You look absolutely fantastic with your hair like this.

LovingLife
May 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Its fabby!
But you're not leaving the forum are you?

Nenwing
May 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I think it looks great Pegs, you definately are one who can get away with looking amazing with short hair! Shh don't tell but I have short hair too, and still lurk about on here! :p

ETA: It really suits your face, since you have more delicate features, you look fairy like, or like one of those anime characters.

Roseate
May 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Yay wigs! I like the dark color on you, and the little pieces in your face are very cute. It's not a hairstyle I really like, but I'll bet it's fun to wear for a day!

I recently ordered a wig from ebay myself, this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130308242712#ebayphotohosting). It's a style I could never pull off IRL in a million years: I like dark hair but hate dying my hair, and I could never get it so smooth and straight even if I ironed it all day long and dipped my head in silicone. But for 25 bucks I can give it a try whenever I want!