PDA

View Full Version : No leave-in surprise!

Curlsgirl
May 22nd, 2009, 06:24 AM
I go to an Aveda salon and a couple of days ago I had my roots touched up. I don't let my colorist put any products in my hair after because I don't like their leave-in products. Usually I bring my own but had forgotten them. So I had some shopping to do and by the time I got home my hair was dry. I was amazed at how good it felt with NO leave-ins! I usually use a leave-in conditioner, curl cream and sometimes a gel. I do have less defined curls but I like the silky feel of my hair so much that I may just try this again! 2 days later it still feels SO soft! :cheese:

NiAosSi
May 22nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
That's great! Sometimes, I find that leaving my hair alone and not using any leave-in makes it feel softer and nicer.

GlassEyes
May 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
YES. I AM NOT ALONE.

My hair is TWENTY times softer and finer without ANY product. If I just CO wash the curls aren't defined by they are really, REALLY soft. I figured out recently that if I just use Curl Keeper and ONLY curl keeper over some left in conditioner it gets ALMOST as soft, but not quite.

Curlsgirl
May 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
That's great! Sometimes, I find that leaving my hair alone and not using any leave-in makes it feel softer and nicer.

Who knew???!! :D

mugglemomof3
May 22nd, 2009, 06:51 AM
I have yet to experience this. Lucky people.

spidermom
May 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Sometimes ya just gotta shake things up. Did you get your blonde back? Last time you mentioned the color, they had put in too much of the dark.

Sasha_S
May 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Ohh that's good! I wish mine felt nice without conditioner, it just feels like a bristle brush, haha! x

Curlsgirl
May 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Sometimes ya just gotta shake things up. Did you get your blonde back? Last time you mentioned the color, they had put in too much of the dark.

Yes I did. Went back to Aveda. I did experience some breakage due to going to the other place though and still am. :( It is still a bit darker throughout the ends but I am not getting anymore pulled through, too much risk of damaging it further. I like it much better though and realized how much better the Aveda salon is. I need to post a recent pic.

Curlsgirl
May 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
YES. I AM NOT ALONE.

My hair is TWENTY times softer and finer without ANY product. If I just CO wash the curls aren't defined by they are really, REALLY soft. I figured out recently that if I just use Curl Keeper and ONLY curl keeper over some left in conditioner it gets ALMOST as soft, but not quite.I have never used Curl Keeper. Kinky Curly Curling Custard does that though.

I have yet to experience this. Lucky people.Maybe you will!

Ohh that's good! I wish mine felt nice without conditioner, it just feels like a bristle brush, haha! xMine used to so take heart! It has been after years of being here and taking better care of it that is has come to this point! Also I am sure the hairtype has something to do with it.

Maelyssa
May 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
I've been intentionally experiementing with this myself this week.
I'm trying to find the best conditioner routine whether it be leave in's or not, cones or cone free & I did find that in either case leaving out the leave-in's felt great.
Glad to see other's here find the same thing. :D

Carina
May 22nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Talk about a nice surprise for you:cheese:.My ends are so dry so no leave-in is not an option for me.Maybe after my trim in december.I am doing my no trimming 2009 now;).

creativehoney
May 23rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
Wow, I've been experimenting with this too!
i usually need the leave in for a little extra weight, but I'm finding oils alone are doing that (maybe even a little better), and my waves are really strong too.

I think doing both was weighing down my curl patterns.

Aditi
May 23rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
I have experienced this too when i went out-of-station and i forgot to take leave-in with me at that time after doing Shampoo & conditioner i thought i will have very dry hair like bushes but to my surprise they were much more softer and smoother than they are on application of leave-in :).