PDA

View Full Version : hair shedding at different times of the year

Sossity
May 22nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
does hair shed more at different times of the year? I notice mine seemed to shed a bit more this winter.

didrash
May 22nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Mine usually starts shedding massively at the end of April. It lasts 3-4 weeks, then the shed is gone. It happens pretty regularly, but I get freaked out every year non the less.

Aditi
May 22nd, 2009, 04:46 AM
Yes, mine sheds the most in winter. And it usually stops in mid-summer till then i make little tennis sized balls and dolls out of my shed hair and play with them :smirk:.

Gothic Lolita
May 22nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Mine sheds periodically: Sometimes I hardly lose a hair, then I shed really much, but it only last a few days/weeks. My overall thickness always stays the same.

Curlsgirl
May 22nd, 2009, 06:04 AM
Yes. I used to be able to predict when but I thought mine had passed this year and this last week I have shed enough to make 95 birds nests. Seriously though, my thickness doesn't decrease either but it ALWAYS makes me freak out a little bit.

myotislucifugus
May 22nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Ok, so this past week, I shed like crazy. The overall thickness feels different, but I was also in a totally different water quality area than normal. I kinda freaked out, but I'm hoping it is just seasonal. Also crazy stress.