PDA

View Full Version : Another Question About Fake Layers In 1-Length Hair

Kayleena
May 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi to all! :bluesmile Sorry it has been a while since I've visited; there has been too much going on in my schedule. A while back I had asked about how to create fake face-framing layers in one-length hair, and one of the suggestions was to fasten them forward using baby claw clips. I have another question, though: does anybody do anything else to shorten the length of the “layers” before clipping them in place? I’ve tried to cross the pieces over my head or to make partial pin curls, but both seem to make my style look weird. Does anybody have any other suggestions on how to do this and still make the style look normal? I'm in a play in which my character has to fuss with her appearance a lot, so fake layers would give me something to work with. Thanks in advance!

suicides_eve
May 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
I'm a bit confused ( but that's regular)

You are trying to get fake layers on one length hair?
Why not make your own clip ins in 1.5 inch sections and you can place them how you want.
you would want to insert them on a angle like this / instead of ---- on the head. That way you can trim and mess with them as needed.

Search hair extension install videos and it will give you better detail on how to install for the look you need.

i make hair clip ins for myself and friends, there only really damaging if you were them every day in the same spot.

Furiana
May 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Fake layers? What a cool idea! :D

Pin curls would probably work best if you curl everything. The top layer would have the tightest curls and the bottom would have loose curls, but it might look more normal than pin curls over straight hair. (Maybe? I dunno - I don't have straight hair! :gobblecheese:)

You would have more leeway for how the scalp area looks if you wear a hat or something, I think. That way you could clip/pin the top layers shorter, maybe even leaving loops of hair above the pins, and then cover the magic up.

enfys
May 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I'd definately try clip in bits. I bought somefor a few quid in the market.

Since it's a play and you'll be onstage it doesn't matter if they're synthetic and a bit fake looking because no-one will be able to tell from that distance.

I don't think making them from your own hair would look any more realistic.