PDA

View Full Version : I have searched..

Bunnyhare
May 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone! I am fairly new here and have been really trying to find a few things and they are eluding me!
1: what is cheese:cheese: and the references to it seem joking and serious all at the same time?!:eyebrows:
2:where are directions/recommendations on C/O?
3:what are poo bars?
4:where do the titles come from? ie. Lady Arwen of the long haired knights..
Thank you all for the answers. I have been learning alot and my hair is actually starting to grow back with W/O...i have trouble with the O/O occassionally and i do an extremely watered down shampoo on the oily part only. Are there Mentors here? Someone to take newbies under thier wing and help with stuff like this?
Thanks again,with love Kimi

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM
Ok...in order, LOL:

I'm not super-sure how the "cheese" thingy became a joke. It's sort of a tradition, when you do a poll, to make one of the options "cheese". :pinktongue: I've only been here since October, so I have no idea when that started, lol.

Here are two links to LHC articles on CO washes...the first is Igor's new & improved method...and the second is the regular CO wash article.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=70

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=18

Poo bars = shampoo bars. Here's a link to an article called "How to Enjoy Shampoo Bars".

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=4

Here is the link to the Order of the Long-Haired Knights thread.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222

I hope this helps...welcome to LHC! :flower:

mira-chan
May 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
][/SIZE]Hi Everyone! I am fairly new here and have been really trying to find a few things and they are eluding me!
1: what is cheese:cheese: and the references to it seem joking and serious all at the same time?!:eyebrows:
2:where are directions/recommendations on C/O?
3:what are poo bars?
4:where do the titles come from? ie. Lady Arwen of the long haired knights..
Thank you all for the answers. I have been learning alot and my hair is actually starting to grow back with W/O...i have trouble with the O/O occassionally and i do an extremely watered down shampoo on the oily part only. Are there Mentors here? Someone to take newbies under thier wing and help with stuff like this?
Thanks again,with love Kimi
Hi and welcome to LHC! :)

The cheese is the universal piece and friendship symbol of LHC. :silly: Actually a cheese reference was used to defuse an argument a while a go and it stuck.

For CO direction, look in the articles section, link in the top bar in the center.

The long hair knights thread in in the Friendship forum. It's just for fun.

Not sure what O/O is. but I use herbs only, and there is an article for that too. Look around, there is usually a thread for each wash method that you can read and participate in. :flower:

ETA: Posted at the same time, but thank you for the link JaimeLeigh. :flowers:

Bunnyhare
May 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thank you, i am going to these links now ! I though maybe there was something about the oil in cheese that was actually good for your hair, but I did not know if it was to be placed on top like salad cheese or rubbed in!LOL

Is there a way I can keep these links? Still hunting and pecking my way around! Thank you so much, the C/O threads were helpful, i was missing the piece of info that there is a cleaning attribute to conditioners and was just amazed that they would not cause complete greasies..O/O is otter in and oilslick I think? that 's what I meant when I used it!

Elphie
May 21st, 2009, 04:15 PM
I though maybe there was something about the oil in cheese that was actually good for your hair, but I did not know if it was to be placed on top like salad cheese or rubbed in!LOL

THAT was funny! Welcome!

Kleis
May 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
O/O is totally "otter in an oilslick." I'm delighted it's still in use!

kdaniels8811
May 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
You can save the links to favorites on the computer, open them, then click "favorites" above. I have an entire folder dedicated to hair links! Welcome and happy growing! I love the questions, I had a couple of them myself but did not think to ask...

lora410
May 21st, 2009, 05:14 PM
there is also this cheese :gobblecheese:

Kirin
May 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM
There's a lot of us ol' guru wombats around. Most of us are more than happy to share our cheese wisdom :)

EdG
May 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
:cheese: seems to be the opposite of :slap:, although cheese can also denote :happydance:, :joy:, :cheer:, :bounce:, :rockerdud, :thumbsup:, or :cloud9: depending on the context.

Cheese is one of the magical ingredients that make the board work. The other is :thudpile:.

I hope this helps.
Ed

Bunnyhare
May 21st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone that was fun! and I got what i needed meanwhile:0)

CindyLea1
May 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hello and welcome! It seems I'm coming late to the party.

We are almost hair twins. Yours is a bit curlier; mine is a titch longer. If you need more help. Feel free to yell.

SimplyLonghair
May 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Thank you, i am going to these links now ! I though maybe there was something about the oil in cheese that was actually good for your hair, but I did not know if it was to be placed on top like salad cheese or rubbed in!LOL

Welcome! On board!

OMG :rollin: ROTFLMAO

As an old timer, I know that some of us have forgotten the links to the where the cheese was first made sacred. It was on the old boards. But it does have many wonderful properties, however shampooing with it isn't one of them. :lol: We tend to forget what some of our posts soundlike to new folks, as we have been around for awhile. :D

I hope that the links help and if you need more help, just holler! :waving:

Redheaded Raven
May 21st, 2009, 11:05 PM

That made me smile
Welcome to the Boards :blossom: :cheese: :gobblecheese:

Bunnyhare
May 22nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Even though all the language here is unique it is fun and makes me think outside the box..perhaps cheese is the LHC official Wallace and Grommit fan club!

Themyst
May 22nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
Even though all the language here is unique it is fun and makes me think outside the box..perhaps cheese is the LHC official Wallace and Grommit fan club!

I'm in! I love Wallace and Grommit - and cheese!

enfys
May 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Oh my word. Now this has me wondering if cheese coud be good for the hair.

Welcome Grahtoestudio!! Anytime you need advice or technique fon't forget to check out the articles too; there's loads of information in there, usually compiled from whole threads that are now too big to read.