PDA

View Full Version : I need some help.

ttubabe
May 21st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone! I just became a member of this site and I abolutely love it. I have had long hair almost all my life and never properly took care of it. Now it's my mission to have healthy, beautiful hair and what better place to start than here. I'm a little confused on some of the terminology here such as abbreviations and so forth. For example CO, ACV, CWC, and so many more? What does all that stand for?

Also I know there are tons of tips on here for hair health but if any of you have any tips on how to properly wash my hair I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I wash and condition every other day with the Dove products and use coconut oil about twice week. My hair is damaged but not severely. My ends are always pretty dry and my scalp is usually oily. Thanks everyone and have a wonderful day!

SimplyViki
May 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hi! I'm sure you'll like it here. My recommendation is to check out the articles section, you'll find the answers to your questions there, and lots more fun and useful information too.
To start with, here is the article with the guide to the terms and abbreviations.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10
Have fun!:)

redneckprincess
May 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi and welcome Im fairly new myself but im still learning the termanalagy...CO is CONDITION ONLY...CWC= CONDITION WASH CONDITION .....AVC =I DONT KNOW, MY GUESS AVACADO ? theres a post somewhere that tells you just about everything, ill go look for it ♥

neon-dream
May 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hi and welcome Im fairly new myself but im still learning the termanalagy...CO is CONDITION ONLY...CWC= CONDITION WASH CONDITION .....AVC =I DONT KNOW, MY GUESS AVACADO ? theres a post somewhere that tells you just about everything, ill go look for it ♥

ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar :).

The link will reveal all :D Welcome to LHC!

jera
May 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone! I just became a member of this site and I abolutely love it. I have had long hair almost all my life and never properly took care of it. Now it's my mission to have healthy, beautiful hair and what better place to start than here. I'm a little confused on some of the terminology here such as abbreviations and so forth. For example CO, ACV, CWC, and so many more? What does all that stand for?

Also I know there are tons of tips on here for hair health but if any of you have any tips on how to properly wash my hair I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I wash and condition every other day with the Dove products and use coconut oil about twice week. My hair is damaged but not severely. My ends are always pretty dry and my scalp is usually oily. Thanks everyone and have a wonderful day!

Welcome to LHC. Your first post. How cool :p CO is Conditioner only. CWC means condition, wash, condition, and ACV is simply computerese for Apple cider vinegar which some members use to rinse their hair for added shine and slip. :)

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flower: It does take awhile to get settled here - we seem to have our own language! But once you browse around a bit and get familiar with the site, you'll really enjoy yourself. You sound a lot like me, I've had long hair all of my life too, but never knew how to take care of it until I found this site. :)

ttubabe
May 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Thank you all so much! You are all so friendly. Thanks for your help!!:cheese:

Darkhorse1
May 21st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Welcome! Once you read more posts/threads, you'll get used to the terms. Took me awhile myself! :)

I have very greasy scalp/oily scalp and I wash every other day. I work with horses, so I use Pantene Clarifying shampoo and daily moisture renewel conditioner. I also use olive oil only on my ends before a clarifying to help with drying/dryness.

For myself, I wash seperately, head under the faucet. I find this method helps me get the scalp really clean. I also only wash my scalp and the hair that touches it and let the shampoo run down the length (except if I oil, then I must wash the length or it'll look greasy). I then condition the ends and rinse. I do a final rinse with cool water (not uncomfortable, just cooler than when washing) and find this has really helped my oil as well as create a nice shine.

I'd play around with different techniques and find one that's right for you.

Dove products make my hair mush ;) But, don't change if it works for you :)

SwordMaiden
May 21st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Greetings, I am fairly new here also... as to the help on figuring out what all the terms mean...it looks like a lot of other ladies have already answered those for you in the reply above. :) So I shall remain silent on that point...

Happy hair growing!