PDA

View Full Version : A YAY a Thank You and a question.

Merewen
May 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
It's not been long enough for my hair to be dramatically longer yet, but I did have this conversation with my mom last night:
Mom: I hope you don't mind me playing in your hair.
Me: Nope. I think it's been softer lately.
Mom: Yes! It used to be dry, but now it looks so much more beautiful.

:cheese::happydance::cheese::joy::cheese::bounce:: cheese::hollie::cheese:

So THANK YOU for giving me the tools I needed to do this. :flowers:

Now for the question: I've been S&Ding and I've noticed a fair number of split ends. Is that something protein helps with? I've considered doing the catnip tea thing, but I really like my hair color the way it is and don't want to risk a permanent stain.

Merewen
May 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Bumping... question?

spidermom
May 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
In my opinion, nothing helps split ends except cutting them off. As for the catnip tea, I only tried it once and loved it on the first day. On the second day, my hair dried out so much that I did a moisture treatment and never tried catnip tea again.

OhioLisa
May 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
I agree with spidermom about splits. And if you have just recently started with S&Ds, it might take a bit before you notice a significant decrease in their numbers. Keep at it. ;)

Merewen
May 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you! I will try to be patient.

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM
Congrats on getting a compliment from your mom! :flower:

And I'm afraid I'd be no help on the tea rinses... I've never tried them before.

mira-chan
May 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
For tea rinses, Neoma has had luck with nettle tea and Ktani has a huge thread in the recipes forum on catnip, which has helped her with splits and tangling.

From what I know, catnip tea stains very light, unless you have really light blonde or white hair it won's show up.

lora410
May 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Protein will strengthen hair. Nothing can fix a split end but a snip.

CLynn
May 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Congratulations on the condition of your hair! :) I also dont have an answer for you, sorry.