PDA

View Full Version : What bun is this? o-o

GlassEyes
May 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
http://the-light.com/mens/sty2.jpg

It looks so freaking cool! I'd try it if I could find instructions on it/had the obvious phenomenal amount of length to make it, but for now I'm merely curious. xD What is it?

camara
May 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
From the look of it, IŽd say it is...like a ponytail, separated in several strands. Each strand then is wrapped around two fingers or so and pinned to the base of the ponytail. Pin, pin, pin some more, ready. This was going to mean that the hair in the pic you provided is not extremely long, but maybe at bsl?

IŽm waiting for more answers to your question, I think it is a neat hairstyle.

Wavelength
May 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Wow. That does look cool. I've never seen that one before.

*twists head around to try to figure it out*

spidermom
May 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM
From the look of it, IŽd say it is...like a ponytail, separated in several strands. Each strand then is wrapped around two fingers or so and pinned to the base of the ponytail. Pin, pin, pin some more, ready. This was going to mean that the hair in the pic you provided is not extremely long, but maybe at bsl?

IŽm waiting for more answers to your question, I think it is a neat hairstyle.

This is exactly what it is. I used to do something similar when my hair was shorter, except I usually did 2 ponytails.

GlassEyes
May 21st, 2009, 01:05 PM
This is exactly what it is. I used to do something similar when my hair was shorter, except I usually did 2 ponytails. Haha, that's awesome. Maybe I'll get to do it sooner than I think. :eyebrows:

But I'm still having a hard time visualizing it. I mean, I can PICTURE it, but still confusing. xD Like, the way I'm picturing it, It'd ook diferent than what's in the picture...I think.

Cinnamon Hair
May 21st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Here you are: Instructions (http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/thread/1047278855/Classic+Retro+Updo)

GlassEyes
May 21st, 2009, 11:04 PM
That's kind of different. At some place on the bun, it looks like the hair has been wrapped along the 'bundle'. In what you posted, its not there, and it looks more flowery and not as tight/constrained. Maybe the theory is the same though...

Finoriel
May 22nd, 2009, 01:05 AM
It looks like one of those traditional Japanese buns. They resemble a wrapped pillow. I somewhere saw instructions for that kind of bun, but canŽt recall where at the moment.
It basically is making a ponytail and wrap it (non twisted) around a pillow-shaped rat and then wrap the last part of the hair Žalong the bundleŽ. Pin and set with lots of hairspray, sugar water, starch, whatever.

Aditi
May 22nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
I have seen the instructions of making this bun on youtube long time back. Unfortunately i can't remember the name neither the user's name who posted it. I will search for it and post the link if i find it.

GlassEyes
May 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
I have seen the instructions of making this bun on youtube long time back. Unfortunately i can't remember the name neither the user's name who posted it. I will search for it and post the link if i find it.Thanks!

@Finoriel: See, I THOUGHT it looked like a japanese bun, but it was too different from what I've seen posted for it to be the exact same thing. xD

Aditi
May 29th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Hi i am sorry to say that i entirely searched youtube but was unable to find that video maybe the user must have deleted it from her account. I hope you find the instruction soon.

LovingLife
May 29th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Love it!! As soon as I hit BSL!!