PDA

View Full Version : Stress related grey hairs.

GoddesJourney
May 21st, 2009, 01:26 AM
Anyone else get
:scared:
grey hairs

that are purely stress related?:brickwall I have some that alternate between grey and brown over the length of the hair and I can name the exb:patrol:yfriend that coincides with each one on the timeline.

:pins:

Now that I finally found the right guy and I'm getting m:heartbeatrried, I hope they all just go away. I'm only 25. My dog has two-toned hair like this but I shouldn't have any.

Anyone else?

jera
May 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, absolutely !! :( During a particularly stressful summer when I was a teenager, I got a couple of white hairs right on my crown. They must've shed off and grown back brown because it was a one time event, but it did happen. Freaky. Stress is such a hair killer isn't it.

Unofficial_Rose
May 21st, 2009, 03:50 AM
A company I worked for at one time are being investigated by the tax authorities. I am still not sure if it's over. :( They may yet ask for a huge sum from me in under-deductions. Every day I watch out for the postman, and every day I do a little dance of relief when I haven't had the nasty brown letter. In a way, it'd be a relief if they just asked for the money. The co. was operating a scheme which is within the letter of the law, although arguably not within the spirit.

So in the last 14 months or so, I have gone from a few greys to a serious amount of grey. It may be genetic, but I have been as stressed as hell. But because I'm 45, I don't think they'll be going back to brown anytime soon!

Anje
May 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
Well, I've gotten quite a few more since I started grad school. Not sure if that's stress, age, or the water down here.

BlackfootHair
May 21st, 2009, 06:52 AM
I hear vitamin c is supposed to reverse that..... I hope it does for mine!

Kirin
May 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM
I must be really stressed then...... :gobblecheese:

Farina
May 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
This has been the most stressful year of my life..... needless to say, i found a WHITE hair that seemed fairly new because it was only about 4 inches long. I had my roommate pluck it out. :)

teela1978
May 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
Supposedly they're just 'sputtering out' and will end up all silver eventually. That seems to be the way mine go. Grad school has definitely increased the number of my silver sparklies... but I wonder if it's really from the stress of grad school, or if it's that I aged over those 6 years and my father was mostly silver by 35...

I think it's just in the genes.

wintersun99
May 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
I think it's an "old wives tale" though I did just try to google it and what do you know? I found links claiming stress does not and stress does relate to gray hair. I would chalk it up to temporary poor lifestyle (sickness, not eating well, not sleeping well, not exercising, etc.) during the stressful period being the contributing factors, not stress alone. :D

Petra
May 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM
Yep. I've acquired a little patch on the crown of my head I didn't have until my previous job--grey at the top and brown on the rest, or just new short grey ones. Pretty sure that's what caused it for me! I kind of like them, though.

mira-chan
May 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Well, I've gotten quite a few more since I started grad school. Not sure if that's stress, age, or the water down here.
This and organic chemistry (known as the class from Hades in our school) made my white streak far more prominent. Some did go back to brown, other stayed white.

Rohele
May 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have a bunch now, but my first grey hairs appeared mid-20s after an extremely stressful project was completed at work. They never went away. A whole bunch more appeared about 2 years ago after my dad was diagnosed with cancer (he's fine now, he was very lucky). The stress with that was phenomenal, and contributed to aging all over, not just for my hair. My mom went very grey at that point too. I absolutely think stress can contribute.

I've never had grey hair turn back to my regular colour, and since I'm nearing 40, I'm guessing that's not going to happen anyway.