PDA

View Full Version : Pulling hair, anti-fungal treatments, etc.

GoddesJourney
May 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Okay, after reading a lot about the monistat thing, it makes me wonder if using any old anti-dandruff shampoo makes the hair grow faster (also anti-fungal).

On that note, it makes me wonder if just the two-three times weekly scalp massage is responsible for half the extra hair growth. I've heard about really good results just from that.

Furthermore, I find a lot of people try to be a little too nice to their hair. Pulling on it close to the roots seems to really help get the blood flowing and encourage it to be strong. I learned this growing orchids. People who baby their orchids kill them. In the wild, they are subjected to natural stress that forces them to adapt and grow strong. It's the same principal that excersize makes the bones stronger.

Anyone have any insight?

redneckprincess
May 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I dont know, I have tried the scalp massage 3x a week with no oitments and that never seamed to help, at least not for me...♥

HairColoredHair
May 20th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I'd bet the scalp massage is definitely helping. Scalp massage increases scalp circulation just as well, if not better than pulling on the hair.