PDA

View Full Version : Oiling is bad for your hair!!! Stop NOW!!!

bunnii
May 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
This was the advice given to me the other day by a man who's mother is a hair dresser :rolleyes: (nothing against hairdressers :) )

I was at BFs mothers house and I was talking about asking her to trim my hair, this man who happened to be there, asked me if I ever go to a salon, I replied "no they always take too much off and cover it in junk" he said "oh". I then told him the only 'product' I use is oil "you shouldn't do that" he said "it's bad for it" :rollin: I told him the only way my hair ever grows is when i'm using oil and not covering it in cones, he had no clue what I was talking about and changed the subject hehe

Just thought i'd share about how awfully I treat my hair :D

Spike
May 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh my sainted whiskers, Bunnii, how could you DO that to your hair???

Everyone knows that to take really good care of your hair, you need to wash it TWICE (lather, rinse, repeat, after all. It's RIGHT THERE ON THE BOTTLE!!!) and then sheathe it in plastic with a silicone conditioner AND a protective spray, THEN blow dry and hot rollers.

Then you can have long hair just like Barbie. Look! It even feels just like Barbie's!!!

(End wide-eyed facetious remarks.)

spidermom
May 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Well, depending on the type of oil you were putting on your hair, it could be bad. He could have had motor oil in his head; who knows? Haha.

HairColoredHair
May 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Welllll..... :ponder: Does this mean that I oughtn't use blasting oil on my head, Spidermom?

Aw, pansy-apples. :(

:lol: :lol:

Ella Menneau P.
May 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Clearly she's mistreated her hair and should cut it to her shoulders, get layers, and a perm! ;)

SimplyViki
May 20th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Aww, darn, I must be positively killing my hair then!:D

melrose1985
May 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM
HA! that's pretty funny.

Nightshade
May 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Clearly she's mistreated her hair and should cut it to her shoulders, get layers, and a perm! ;)

And then highlights and lowlights. :p

Unofficial_Rose
May 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
T "no they always take too much off and cover it in junk" :D

What a perfect response! :rollin:That is the EXACT reason I don't go anymore either.

(I like to abuse my hair with coconut oil mixed with shea butter!)

Seriously - why DO people come out with so much guff? :confused:

Islandgrrl
May 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
And then highlights and lowlights. :p

Off topic, but, don't those cancel each other out?

wintersun99
May 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Re: Oiling is bad for your hair!!! Stop NOW!!!

Whaaatttt? Nooooooooooo!

Nightshade
May 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Oh no, they look great together (http://fashionsensei.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/8fvnfc8.jpg)! :puke:

Delilah
May 20th, 2009, 02:00 PM
With all the henna and oil we use, it's a wonder we have any hair left AT ALL :D
(according to hairdressers)

Anje
May 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Not to mention, the weight of our hair will drag the roots right out of our heads. Pretty soon we'll all be bald if we don't cut it shorter immediately!

Delilah
May 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
...If it even gets long enough to have weight before our scalps succumb to some ghastly putrid infection from not using detergent shampoo daily.

Forever_Sophie
May 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM

I get them; when you get lots of highlights (i.e. repeatedly), eventually the length of your hair becomes much lighter than the roots, so you get high & low lights :)

mwedzi
May 20th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I wonder what his reasoning was.

rose_in_bloom
May 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
LOL before I looked at the name of who posted this thread, I thought it was some n00b coming in trying to save us from ourselves. :rollin:

Wow...it's a mercy my hair hasn't fallen out by now with my addiction to coconut oil. HA.

enfys
May 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
It's bad because when you put the oil on before you straighten it like ... cooks ... or something.

Sigh.

Darscilla
May 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ha! I've actually read that exact same thing before in a 'beauty' magazine! A hairdresser was talking about deep treatments and said "... but don't be tempted to put things like olive oil on your hair. Hair needs moisture, not fat". Well, yes dear, that's what the 'fat' is for, to seal in that very moisture. And what does she think sebum is? Of course, sebum and any kind of fat, whether it be on hair or hips, is The Evil according to women's magazines. :brickwall:

longhairedfairy
May 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Welllll..... :ponder: Does this mean that I oughtn't use blasting oil on my head, Spidermom?

What!?!? :shocked:But it makes it so shiny and there are such pretty colors when I play with matches!:wethree: (Speaking of which, did I ever mention that one of my great aunts was a pyromaniac? I wonder if that qualifies as TMI. :hmm:)

ETA: Note that I'm only kidding about playing with matches and stuff... Not about my great aunt, however.

longhairedfairy
May 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Aww, darn, I must be positively killing my hair then!:D

Since hair is technically already dead, I wonder if that makes it undead.

rogue_psyche
May 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I've really been seen the damaging effects of oiling first hand. My hair no longer has the TANGLES and SPLIT ENDS I loved so much!

Alia
May 20th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Does this mean I can't use PAM spray anymore? :rolling:

Anje
May 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
(Speaking of which, did I ever mention that one of my great aunts was a pyromaniac? I wonder if that qualifies as TMI. :hmm:)
(Emphasis mine)

Does her pyromania have anything to do with your use of the past tense?

I think we're going to need stories.

HairColoredHair
May 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
What!?!? :shocked:But it makes it so shiny and there are such pretty colors when I play with matches!:wethree: (Speaking of which, did I ever mention that one of my great aunts was a pyromaniac? I wonder if that qualifies as TMI. :hmm:)

ETA: Note that I'm only kidding about playing with matches and stuff... Not about my great aunt, however.

I know, right? Such lovely explodies too... :( Ah well.

My mother used to call me a pyro... She couldn't trust me (or my brother) with candles or matches... Still can't.

longhairedfairy
May 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Does this mean I can't use PAM spray anymore? :rolling:

But it's so convenient as a leave-in!

Does her pyromania have anything to do with your use of the past tense?

I think we're going to need stories.

hijack/
Nah, I think she was around 80 and passed in a nursing home. She was my maternal grandmother's older sister, btw. When she was a kid/teen she burned down the school house, caused a forest fire, burned down an animal coup (not funny), and started/tried to start a fire inside the house, but fortunately my grandmother stopped her in time. Those are just the ones we know about. My grandma told me her sister would just stand and stare at the fire as if it were the most amazing and beautiful thing in existence.
/end hijack

Eboshi
May 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Noooooooooo! You must not question The Hairdreser.

enfys
May 20th, 2009, 04:48 PM

How did I miss that before? What a great phrase.

And back to oil...:o

hazelnut
May 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
HAHA! Yeah, oiling is so bad! It makes the hair soft and manageable! Ahhhh!;) I swear, people get stupider every day.

Speckla
May 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Oh man, I've been using babyoil and no headbands so my hair won't have tanlines. Am I wrong in doing this?

rach
May 20th, 2009, 05:06 PM

so logically speaking that would make our natural oil production hair suicide and we're just accelerating the process !

:draw: :brains::whip:
zombie hair! beware!
:patrol:

Spike
May 20th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Oh no, they look great together (http://fashionsensei.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/8fvnfc8.jpg)!

Does coconut oil do THAT too?? I gotta get me some!!! :p

RancheroTheBee
May 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
"Pansy-apples."

I squealed when I read this.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed that I've been mistreating my hair so much. :( Maybe that's why it's growing so fast. And not splitting. Oh, God. What have I done?

Speckla
May 20th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Does coconut oil do THAT too?? I gotta get me some!!! :p

Coconut goes on the head not subdermal!

longhairedfairy
May 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
so logically speaking that would make our natural oil production hair suicide and we're just accelerating the process !

:draw: :brains::whip:

zombie hair! beware!
:patrol:

That would be a great siggy. It's giving me some hilarious images, including Samara/Sadako/Eun-suh ones.

atlantaz3
May 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM
The low lights put my natural color back in between highlights - so yes I guess they do cancel each other out. Never thought of it that way.

Addy
May 20th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I guess I should take the motor oil back then? :(

windinherhair
May 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM
That's funny. :D

Yeah, it is interesting the advice someone can get "outside" the LHC. I've had my share! It is still too early to really see a big difference in how my hair is doing after I joined the LHC. But I know the advice I have gotten here has only made it better for my hair, including oil! :)

EmpressRi
May 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Noooooooooo! You must not question The Hairdresser.

heaven forbid!

Pierre
May 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
And an udmurt! No, I Vote against it; I am not putting any komi in my hair.

Peter
May 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM
So I'm not supposed to dip my head in the gas tank of my car?

Well NOW you tell me. :rolleyes:

Rini
May 20th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Oh no, they look great together (http://fashionsensei.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/8fvnfc8.jpg)! :puke:

Hey Nightshade, I was just commenting to my husband how this style (above) must be the "in" thing right now, as I see it everywhere!! In any given salon, there is at least one girl who has it (flat ironed to death, two-toned and layered to extreme thinness on ends). I'm OUT.

I shamefully admit to the desire to get catty about her top too........:eyebrows:

Anyway, I wonder what made this man think he knows about hair care? His mother's profession? Is he a hairdresser himself? Quite unusual for a man to comment like that :hmm:

Ndnlady
May 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM
:hmm: Soooo you are saying my planned switch from 10w-40 motor oil to 5w-30 is now a no go? Preposterous!

Themyst
May 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Oh my sainted whiskers, Bunnii, how could you DO that to your hair???

Everyone knows that to take really good care of your hair, you need to wash it TWICE (lather, rinse, repeat, after all. It's RIGHT THERE ON THE BOTTLE!!!) and then sheathe it in plastic with a silicone conditioner AND a protective spray, THEN blow dry and hot rollers.

Then you can have long hair just like Barbie. Look! It even feels just like Barbie's!!!

(End wide-eyed facetious remarks.)

:rollin::rollin: Oh good grief, I've got to stop reading these boards in the wee hours of the morning.

Debra83
May 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
:-(:bigeyes: oh nooooo! Does that mean he's going to report us to the oil patrol? Will they confiscate all our bottles?!!! They'll have to send a moving van to my house for them. :confused:

Flynn
May 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
*Laughs* Got a trim today. The hairdresser asked what leave-in conditioner I used, because it was lovely. I said "er... it's... oil based. Walnut oil based. I forget the brand." He asked if it was a spray or a cream. "Kind of a thin cream-type one..." XD Yeah. Walnut oil is walnut oil based, right?

anubis969
May 21st, 2009, 02:35 AM
Wow...it's a mercy my hair hasn't fallen out by now with my addiction to coconut oil. HA.

Funnily enough my hair does fall out if I use coconut oil. Not that the guys right mind, I'm just allergic to the stuff :roll:.

Don't worry I have now stopped using it. Not that I've stopped using oil altogether, I just use other oils :twisted:.

Rini
May 21st, 2009, 03:10 AM
*Laughs* Got a trim today. The hairdresser asked what leave-in conditioner I used, because it was lovely. I said "er... it's... oil based. Walnut oil based. I forget the brand." He asked if it was a spray or a cream. "Kind of a thin cream-type one..." XD Yeah. Walnut oil is walnut oil based, right?

LOL! That's funny :lol:

Elenna
May 21st, 2009, 03:48 AM
Maybe the poor guy has never seen or heard about anyone using real oil on their hair. He may have unnatural hair products or haircuts to sell. Methinks that he was trying to drum up business.

Flynn
May 21st, 2009, 05:02 AM
LOL! That's funny :lol:

What was even funnier (in the end) was that he had no idea how to handle long hair. (It was just at a John Brennan in some shopping centre... I really needed a trim, and decided to take advantage of my spare half-hour...) Still! I was saying, no idea how to handle long hair. It was brilliant. He did exactly what I said. XD

Shufro
May 21st, 2009, 05:29 AM
HAHA okey well i think your awful treatment gave u (and the rest of the LHC members) beautiful hair. Maby he just said that to sell his hairproducts. :eyebrows:

Shufro
May 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM
Acually I knew a hairdresser who recomended oil to the hair.
He told me that i should mix almondoil with coconutoil and use it to deep hairtreatment. He said the he and his wife does that almost every time before showering their hair. He was indian hehe.

GlassEyes
May 21st, 2009, 05:37 AM
D:

I knew I should've gotten that relaxer and the perm after, but noooooo, my hair had to become MANAGEABLE with oil. Damn you forum longhairs, you've made my hair nice. :cry:

magpielaura
May 21st, 2009, 05:49 AM

OMG I nearly fell of my chair:D She looks like she is wearing 2 second-hand spin-dryed nylon wigs, and her boobs are so heavy she needs to lean backwards to compensate. I have seen a number of people sporting a similar look in my local supermarket recently....I am clearly very behind on the latest high maintainence methods of 'enhancing' myself. It takes a lot of effort to look this bad - we are being very lazy with our oil, lack of heat/chemicals/shampoo. We should buck our ideas up!

Anje
May 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
:hmm: Soooo you are saying my planned switch from 10w-40 motor oil to 5w-30 is now a no go? Preposterous!
See, you've got it backward. You need the lighter 5w-30 in the winter, and the 10w-40 in the summer! If you don't go to a lower viscosity in the winter, the cold will make your hair clump.

(Finally looked it up. Blasting oil = nitroglycerin + gunpowder. The more you know... :rainbowstarthing: )

bunnii
May 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
He must have thought car oil lol. He's actually a really nice man, he just talks about stuff he has no clue about sometimes, me and BF joke whenever we use oil about how badly our hair is looking haha! I don't think he sells any products, although come to think of it one of his relatives told BFs mother that EVOO would be too thick for her hair, and then went on to try and sell her some expensive salon products, she was doing a hair and beauty course in college! :lol: BFs mother didn't buy any but she never did use and EVOO because of that.

OMG the two tone hair! It's popular here too, can't think why it really does look like two wigs on top of each other, each to their own I guess :p

3azza
May 21st, 2009, 07:49 AM
I've heard that horrible advice too, "olive oil bruns hair, stop using it" and "henna is bad for hair, use dye, at least its not messy". Oh and all of the people who give me this comment have crap hair.

florenonite
May 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
I shamefully admit to the desire to get catty about her top too........:eyebrows:

The top was definitely the first thing I noticed when I scrolled down. You know it's bad when a straight woman, on a hair forum, notices the boobs before the hair. She's about to pop out of it!

I use an oil-based leave-in too! Mine's coconut oil based, though, and is a solid, not a cream XP

Wavelength
May 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM

Okay, I really like this response. A lot. :D

Aisha25
May 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM
If this was true hehe India would have the most bald headed and worst looking haired women in the world :rollin:

eccentricquirks
May 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Not to mention, the weight of our hair will drag the roots right out of our heads. Pretty soon we'll all be bald if we don't cut it shorter immediately!

OMG - this is my favorite hair myth......

If that were true, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks did they do in prehistory? They didn't have scissors. They didn't even have really sharp knives....

Gawds.....the stuff they come up with when you don't conform to them.........

mira-chan
May 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
OMG - this is my favorite hair myth......

If that were true, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks did they do in prehistory? They didn't have scissors. They didn't even have really sharp knives....

Gawds.....the stuff they come up with when you don't conform to them.........
Actually you'd be surprised how sharp flint knives are.

And yes, I've been bald since I was 12 as my hair just pulled itself out. :p

Altocumulus
May 21st, 2009, 12:38 PM
And, once you get to be older than 30/35/40/whatever, it will drag your face down before pulling itself out! Something to look forward to...

florenonite
May 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
And, once you get to be older than 30/35/40/whatever, it will drag your face down before pulling itself out! Something to look forward to...

Does that mean it pulls your face off, too?

Altocumulus
May 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure...I can't see as well anymore now that my face has been dragged so far down.

florenonite
May 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure...I can't see as well anymore now that my face has been dragged so far down.

The holes in the skin for your eyes not over your eyes anymore?

magpielaura
May 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
My voice is funny as I have to talk out of my nostrils.

lora410
May 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
I find it funny. My ex went and had my dds hair chopped against her will from bsl to shoulder :mad: but she said to me "mommy they put olive oil in my hair" maybe they are catchign on ;)

Darkhorse1
May 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hmm....seeing that your scalp naturally produces oil, I'm not sure what this hair dresser is thinking.

spidermom
May 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM

What is blasting oil? What are pansy apples? Why the sad face?

longhairedfairy
May 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
The top was definitely the first thing I noticed when I scrolled down. You know it's bad when a straight woman, on a hair forum, notices the boobs before the hair. She's about to pop out of it!

The top is "wh0res R us" brand.

Altocumulus
May 21st, 2009, 02:13 PM
The holes in the skin for your eyes not over your eyes anymore?

Hmm...I guess so. My eyes are still attached to my brain via my optic nerves, so I guess they didn't go with my face when it got dragged down. I've been wondering why everything seemed so dark lately...this explains it! If I cut my hair, do you think my face would travel back up?

florenonite
May 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hmm...I guess so. My eyes are still attached to my brain via my optic nerves, so I guess they didn't go with my face when it got dragged down. I've been wondering why everything seemed so dark lately...this explains it! If I cut my hair, do you think my face would travel back up?

I dunno, you could try, but you don't want to go sacrificing such lovely hair, do you?

longhairedfairy
May 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM

Maybe you could try the super-tight ponytail that gives you an instant facelift. Don't forget to use the 'cones and straightening iron first so it will be perfectly smooth! And spray afterward so it doesn't move!

MuzicalH3rb
May 21st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, it's awful for your hair. It turned my hair from crunchy and straw like..to silky soft and spirallly curley!

Eryka
May 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah oil is bad, that's why its the one thing our body chooses to secrete for moisturizing. :rolleyes:

Feline
May 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM
WD40, anyone? :gabigrin:

ratgirldjh
May 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM

hahaha! I was actually in jail once (in Las Vegas :p) with a girl with hair just like that!

:cheese:

Flynn
May 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
I use an oil-based leave-in too! Mine's coconut oil based, though, and is a solid, not a cream XP

you mean, like a wax? Or a clay? >_o

Okay, I really like this response. A lot. :D

Thanks! I was imagining him whizzing me straight over to the wash-basins and scrubbing my scalp off with his nasty, too-harsh, perfumed shampoo if I admitted I put straight walnut oil in, so I had to think of something...!

Addy
May 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
hahaha! I was actually in jail once (in Las Vegas :p) with a girl with hair just like that!

Was she a prostitute? :D

creativehoney
May 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Oh wow!!

:hmm: .....I have had about every oil there is on my hair in the past week.
The africas best oil has like 9 oils in it.......
Oh well, I much prefer my son saying "ah, scary hair!!"

NOT!!!!

By the way, lmao!!

Nightshade
May 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
OMG I nearly fell of my chair:D She looks like she is wearing 2 second-hand spin-dryed nylon wigs, and her boobs are so heavy she needs to lean backwards to compensate. I have seen a number of people sporting a similar look in my local supermarket recently....I am clearly very behind on the latest high maintainence methods of 'enhancing' myself. It takes a lot of effort to look this bad - we are being very lazy with our oil, lack of heat/chemicals/shampoo. We should buck our ideas up!

Obviously. So, To Do:

Obtain a Mega-Rack
Get bad spin-dried nylon wigs and layer on head
Yap on cell phone incessantly
Say "like" every other wordAm I missing anything on my road to trendiness?

ROFL Way to leave out the story there!

creativehoney
May 21st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Oh crap!! I say like all the time............. :o

:hmm: Note to self

Sarahmoon
May 22nd, 2009, 12:48 AM
Hahah the poor guy I guess he was trying to help cause he seriously believed oil is bad for your hair.
I mean look at Bunnii's hair... so shiny because of all that greasy oil :laugh:

florenonite
May 22nd, 2009, 02:49 AM

I LOLed at this. We have a Mortice lock on our door, and it didn't work for about half the year (until my landlady finally agreed to get a new one put on). The key just wouldn't turn in it, and whenever we rang her about it she just said "Och, just spray some WD40 into it, it's just dusty". It wasn't until she came round to see to something else and actually tried it herself that she realised WD40 wasn't working.

magpielaura
May 22nd, 2009, 03:45 AM

Oh yes! WD40 fixes everything (except when applied to Scottish locks by Canadians tut tut)

Obviously. So, To Do:
Obtain a Mega-Rack

You must take care to choose a thick foundation several shades different from your own skin tone. Apply 3 coats, lightly sanding between each layer.

Aditi
May 22nd, 2009, 04:41 AM
Send him to India :D. Indian women who consider oil as the only path for having long healthy hair for generations will be glad to know that our grandmothers were wrong all these years. We definitely need to update ourselves :p.

bunnii
May 22nd, 2009, 06:45 AM
Hahah the poor guy I guess he was trying to help cause he seriously believed oil is bad for your hair.
I mean look at Bunnii's hair... so shiny because of all that greasy oil :laugh:

Awwww thank you :flower: My hair in my sig had alot of EVOO in it, terrible huh? lol

Btw your avatar is stunning :)

florenonite
May 22nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Oh yes! WD40 fixes everything (except when applied to Scottish locks by Canadians tut tut)

It's the lock's fault, not mine! My Scottish flatmates had no more success than me :p

Madame J
May 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM

Or you could say it's an all-natural, walnut-oil-based serum. That even sounds fancy.

I use an organic, coconut-based pomade-creme leave-in :rolleyes:

sandigirl
May 22nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
I think to each their own. Whatever works. While I can not imagine ever putting oil on my hair I will not bash anyone who does. Maybe their hair needs it or responds well to it. I still think simple is best. Wash, condition, and brush. No products. No nothing. Just nature.

Shermie Girl
May 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM

Let her not forget to flat iron it into oblivion. After all, that is how you get shiny, healthy looking hair! :puke:

Ooooh! My hair. It is vampire! :D

Oh man, I've been using babyoil and no headbands so my hair won't have tanlines. Am I wrong in doing this?

Bwahahahaha!

You must take care to choose a thick foundation several shades different from your own skin tone. Apply 3 coats, lightly sanding between each layer.

Don't forget to use a tack rag or you will get bubbling. :p

nastasska
May 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM

I think you've hit the (Coffin)nail right on the head there;)

SimplyViki
May 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
I think to each their own. Whatever works. While I can not imagine ever putting oil on my hair I will not bash anyone who does. Maybe their hair needs it or responds well to it. I still think simple is best. Wash, condition, and brush. No products. No nothing. Just nature.
Good point. And that routine worked well for me all through my teen years, I have to admit it was nice to see people's faces when they asked what I did to get my hair so nice, and they couldn't believe it was that simple! I just use oils now partly because I just like the extra babying.

Laurenji
May 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think my roommate thinks I'm a little crazy...she saw me oiling my hair and asked what I was doing.

"Oh, just putting oil in it...it makes your hair really soft."

"Oh......" Silence, followed by a few strange looks.

Lol.

marialena
May 22nd, 2009, 10:42 AM

Ha ha ...I was about to write the same thing.. :lol:

Unofficial_Rose
May 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM

OK, I am intrigued! Did you try to rip off a casino like in that film about the MIT students (forget the title)?

Not so intrigued by your cellmates hair, though. Throw a stick in my local shopping centre and you'd hit 10 young ladies with that hair style. But then they'd catch you because of the CCTV. And then you'd go to jail, er, um?...

Thinthondiel
May 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
I went WO almost 4 weeks ago, then had to shampoo yesterday (because I had done a somewhat failed experiment that made my hair stink), and after shampooing I've had to oil my hair a lot, because it made my hair so fluffy and dry. It has definitely helped, but I still feel like the oil is too "light" and that I need something heavier now that I've shampooed my sebum off. My hair just feels healthier/happier when there's oil in it (preferably sebum + other oil). I never realised this before I went WO and found LHC.

One of my friends saw me oiling my hair yesterday, and later in the evening she reached out and touched it. She explained that she just wanted to find out if my hair felt disgusting with all that oil in it. She said it didn't (of course). :)

Nightshade
May 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM

:lol: Damn, I knew I forgot something!

Aisha25
May 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
I think my roommate thinks I'm a little crazy...she saw me oiling my hair and asked what I was doing.

"Oh, just putting oil in it...it makes your hair really soft."

"Oh......" Silence, followed by a few strange looks.

Lol.
:lol:...lol

Pierre
May 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
or to Panamanian locks by Floridians. ;)

Flynn
May 22nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Or you could say it's an all-natural, walnut-oil-based serum. That even sounds fancy.

I use an organic, coconut-based pomade-creme leave-in :rolleyes:

Yeah, though with the unnatural colours and perfumes in everything they were using and selling, I think "all-natural" would just make me look like a crazy organics hippy. XD Also, I didn't think that fast.

longhairedfairy
May 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Obviously. So, To Do:
Obtain a Mega-Rack
And say "literally" with much emphasis. Be sure to use it incorrectly.

longhairedfairy
May 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I think you've hit the (Coffin)nail right on the head there;)

*snort* Lol!

Fractalsofhair
May 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
This thread is quite amusing! I think we should all flat iron our hair 2-3x daily to keep it shiny and healthy, since we know that works... XD

truepeacenik
May 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Zombie hair?!?
I think I like that.

Spiffyhink
May 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I'd be interested to know what his answer would be if you asked him "Why?", because really that statement makes little sense to me. I like asking that of people who tell me strange things like this, because they usually says things like, "Er...um, I read it on a website somewhere."

Laurenji
May 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
I'd be interested to know what his answer would be if you asked him "Why?", because really that statement makes little sense to me. I like asking that of people who tell me strange things like this, because they usually says things like, "Er...um, I read it on a website somewhere."

Of course, if someone were to ask me why I think oiling my hair is good for it, I would also have to say "I read it on a website somewhere." :)

Bucatini
May 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
...If it even gets long enough to have weight before our scalps succumb to some ghastly putrid infection from not using detergent shampoo daily.

Oh is THAT what the monistat is for? ;)

longhairedfairy
May 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Oh is THAT what the monistat is for? ;)

Or maybe we should try a foot powder, like Desinex!

Spiffyhink
May 24th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Of course, if someone were to ask me why I think oiling my hair is good for it, I would also have to say "I read it on a website somewhere." :)

Haha! I hadn't thought of that. :oops:

ShoshanUhura
May 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Well, I suppose I should put my hair on a low fat diet immediately! Maybe it would prefer whole grains, fiber, amino acids and liquid minerals. Yes, I think I'll start using Vitameatavegamin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitameatavegamin#Episodes) instead.

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I suppose I should put my hair on a low fat diet immediately! Maybe it would prefer whole grains, fiber, amino acids and liquid minerals. Yes, I think I'll start using Vitameatavegamin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitameatavegamin#Episodes) instead.

It's so tasty, too!:yumm:Honest!:alcoholic:

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe he was mad because you used the last of the oil and he couldn't fix a salad. Someone else probably used his vinegar too. Poor man only wanted some Italian dressing.

longhairedfairy
May 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe he was mad because you used the last of the oil and he couldn't fix a salad. Someone else probably used his vinegar too. Poor man only wanted some Italian dressing.

Italian dressing has a lot of herbs and stuff. Aren't herbs supposed to be good for hair growth?:D

Speckla
May 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Italian dressing has a lot of herbs and stuff. Aren't herbs supposed to be good for hair growth?:D

I don't know. I've never met any men named Herb. :p My husband's name is Phil and my hair is growing just fine, thank you very much.