PDA

View Full Version : "Power Hair" Buns in Better Off Ted

nmarie33
May 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Has anyone watched the show Better Off Ted? I've seen a few episodes. Portia de Rossi plays the sort of brusque businesswoman, and they show her wearing different buns in her hair every day. In one episode she calls it "power hair."

I noticed her with a very nice looking cinnabun, once with what I would call a puffy bun, and once with a sort of wrapped bun. They don't use any visible hairtoys on her.

In one episode, Portia is asked to soften her image, so she wears her hair down. When she puts it back up, all the office workers snap to attention. Ha!

Just thought I would see if anyone else had noticed her hair on this show! The character sort of reminds me of Lilith on Cheers - her tight hairstyle is supposed to represent what a hardass she is. :p

aprilmay
May 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I like the idea of the power bun. I feel ready to work when my hair is up as well.

rogue_psyche
May 20th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I always think of that character when I spend enough time on here. She's my favorite character on that show!

Kimberly
May 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I always enjoy checking out the updos on that show, and her suits are usually great, too.