PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha. My son knows the back of my head.

GlennaGirl
May 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
A lot of you here know that my almost six-year-old, our middle child, has autism. He has only been speaking since the age of almost four and still can't typically relate whole thoughts to us with speech. He also, though adorable, sweet and bright, often seems to "miss" seeing things that are right in front of him.

So it full-on shocked me when I was scrolling through a thread I'd responded to on here and my guy pointed at the comp and said, "Mommy!"

I was like, "What?"

He pointed again and said, "Mommy, is mommy. THERE."

Sure enough, it was my post...and the back of my head!

Cutest thing ever from my little guy!!

Britty Boji
May 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Aw, wow, that's really cute, and totally cool. At least you know he pays lots of attention to your beautiful hair! :D

spidermom
May 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Better than my DH, who has mistaken at least two other people for me.

GlennaGirl
May 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Aww, Britty, thank you! He DOES love hair...he used to hold and twist mine obsessively. His little brother does it too...they love hair, for some reason. My DH thinks it's a comfort thing.

SM, bwah ha ha...oh mega embarrassment for your poor DH..."Hey baby. Still love me?" As the stranger turns around and slllllowwwwwly pulls out the pepper spray........

BlndeInDisguise
May 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Aaaw, that's so sweet! That brightened my day thinking about it. :)

GlennaGirl
May 19th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Aaaw, that's so sweet! That brightened my day thinking about it. :)

(((BID))) :)

Carolyn
May 19th, 2009, 07:58 PM
That is the sweetest thing! What a little cutie pie! That's one of the "mommy moments" you will treasure forever.

Shermie Girl
May 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Awww... The sweet little guy! :D

He is doing better than my husband. One day Willy Dog came up behind me as I was reading LHC, pointed to my sig pic at the time and said "Who's hair is that?" I turned, shocked and asked, "Who's do you think it is? It's mine. You should know... You took the picture!"

ladylibra
May 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
As the mother of a 3-year-old son who may or may not be autistic (Dr. can't decide), this post almost made me cry. How sweet! :)

Tabitha
May 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Thank you for sharing that lovely story!

Anje
May 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
That is sweet!

Then again, how many of us can recognize pictures of each other from behind?

If I ever end up at a meet, I'm probably going to have to keep looking at the back of people to remember who they are!

florenonite
May 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Aww, that's cute :)

cleanbug
May 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
My son too has autism. He was diognosed at 4yrs old & had no speech at all until 3. He is now 8 years old. My how the time flys. I can relate.
Lane surprises, encourages & motivates me every day. Seeing life through a little different angle is so refreshing sometimes.

Thanks for sharing.

Redheaded Raven
May 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
AAAwwwwwwwwww, that is so sweet! He deserves a hug for that!
:inlove:

elrowiel
May 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
How sweet. :flower:

jera
May 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM
A lot of you here know that my almost six-year-old, our middle child, has autism. He has only been speaking since the age of almost four and still can't typically relate whole thoughts to us with speech. He also, though adorable, sweet and bright, often seems to "miss" seeing things that are right in front of him.

So it full-on shocked me when I was scrolling through a thread I'd responded to on here and my guy pointed at the comp and said, "Mommy!"

I was like, "What?"

He pointed again and said, "Mommy, is mommy. THERE."

Sure enough, it was my post...and the back of my head!

Cutest thing ever from my little guy!!

That's so cool. :D Yet another good reason to join LHC and grow your hair eh? :p

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Awww. How sweet! :flower: That's awesome. My 6 yr old also has autism, diagnosed at age 3.

Ryanne
May 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
That's really sweet. :flower: