PDA

View Full Version : Totally Random Hair Happiness!

Natalia
May 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone :). Just thought id share a little thing that brightened my day yesterday. After a particularly fustrating doctors appointment with this headache ive had for four days straight i decided that since i was out i might as well head out to the local health food store to get some long overdue ingredients and things. With my head still pouding my concentration was very poor and i ended up wheeling down the same isle like 4 times :p well when i finally realised that id already been there done that 3 times i decided the fourth time around i shoudl actually pay attentionand look at the new stock.

I was just browsing basicly since it was the beauty isle and well i dont honestly need or can afford anything like that right now. But about two thirds of the way down the isle the first thing that catches my eye are the scented moni oils! I was so thrilled becasue i havent been able to find them anywhere in store and its only $1.50 than online and i dont have to pay shipping :D! After that i saw a nice organic apricot oil with a good price as well as some nice grapeseed oil and many others.

Even though i couldnt buy any this time i am very excited that they carry so many options :). Especially the moni oil (am i even spelling that right? Ive been up like 21 hours so i dont care lol) because my coconut oil got burried after a bought it years ago and im sure its rancid, the texture certainly isnt right anymore :( so im looking forward to replacing that with a nice fragrant one :).

Well thats it really but it made me happy that my hair will have so many fun options when the money comes in :cheese:. Lol about the only place i can get away with saying that potential hair oils made my day :p

Natalia

DragonLady
May 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I'm glad you found a place to buy great stuff! I've always loved finding a local place to buy stuff so I don't have to pay shipping or buy more than I want. :)

MyFireElf
May 19th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Nothing like a little retail therapy to soothe your frazzled brain, and health food stores are so great for that because they feel so crunchy-hippie mellow. Grats for the treasure you found. :)

embee
May 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a good shop! Glad you found potential hair food. ;) Hope your headache goes away.

I used to get headaches too, and it turned out I was making them in my sleep. I was angry and was clenching my jaw muscles while asleep, not exactly gritting my teeth but close. The muscles got so tired they hurt, and hurt all the way up into/onto my head.

GlassEyes
May 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
^_^ I'm glad something was uplifting on a bad day.

I -think- it's monoi oil...

Natalia
May 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'm glad you found a place to buy great stuff! I've always loved finding a local place to buy stuff so I don't have to pay shipping or buy more than I want. :)

Thank you <3 and i totally agree. I hate buying in bulk when im not sure especially because no one around me would use it if i didnt like it. Other than to fry their skin on the beach that is :p

Nothing like a little retail therapy to soothe your frazzled brain, and health food stores are so great for that because they feel so crunchy-hippie mellow. Grats for the treasure you found. :)

Lol yes retail therapy is most amazing :D. I do love that mellow vibe you get out of little places like that its like walking into la la land, very peaceful.

Sounds like a good shop! Glad you found potential hair food. ;) Hope your headache goes away.

I used to get headaches too, and it turned out I was making them in my sleep. I was angry and was clenching my jaw muscles while asleep, not exactly gritting my teeth but close. The muscles got so tired they hurt, and hurt all the way up into/onto my head.

Ouch i can image that hurt alot. I think my teeth might have something to do with it. I have terrible teeth to start with and since i am on a mostly liquid diet they are subjected to alot. I got some numbing toothpaste (SLS free) and im having to start back on fluride if i dont want dentures by 30 :(. So maybe when my teeth get better it will stop, something at the hospital triggered it though. I think its a kind of reaction to one of the million things they liek to put in IV's. I hope youve found a fix to your headache problem :)

^_^ I'm glad something was uplifting on a bad day.

I -think- it's monoi oil...

Thank you glaseyes! I always feel a little stupid when i cant remember how to spell things especially when its something i READ online lol. I actually looked at it and cant remember :p. I cant wait till i can buy it and smell all those wonderful scents that will be a real zinger!

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Congratulations on your hair happiness! :flower: I love looking at all the natural products in the drugstore. I even broke down and tried the Giovanni stuff the other week...and love it.

Natalia
May 21st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Congratulations on your hair happiness! :flower: I love looking at all the natural products in the drugstore. I even broke down and tried the Giovanni stuff the other week...and love it.

Oh exciting! That is one line i havent tried yet along with Aubrey Organics which is next on my list. I havent seen Giovanni in any of the stores around here i only heard about it after coming here but i still cant wait to check it out :)