PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

chelssix
May 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I am sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I was wondering why fairy tale ends are called "fairy tale ends"?

teela1978
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
My understanding is that in fairytales (books, movies, etc...) the princess always has long hair that tapers into nothing, thus 'fairytale ends' on her hair.

I could be wrong though.

Kleis
May 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
They're supposed to resemble hair (or hair ends) found in fairy tale illustrations, with the romantic tapering.

(What I wonder is why some people call them "fairy tail" ends. Quite a different image there! What, precisely, does the tail of a fairy look like? :lol:)

Silver & Gold
May 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM
My guess is that the long hair in fairy tale books is often pictured as terminal length hair with the naturally occurring tapered ends.

Silver & Gold
May 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Too funny, I answered the phone while I was answering this and by the time I posted there were two replies pretty much saying the same thing.

chelssix
May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks, everyone! I was thinking that might be it, but I couldn't be sure.

longhairedfairy
May 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I would say that it's more natural looking and they wouldn't have cut their hair as often (in medieval times, which is roughly when a lot of fairy tales are supposed to be), if at all. That said, I prefer a blunt hemline for myself, but like fairy tale ends on others.