PDA

View Full Version : How often do you add new length shots?

redneckprincess
May 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Of your hair? I was taking them every month but I noticed ever since I trimmed/cut/chopped my hair last Feb I only have pics every 2 months so I will keep that rate till the end of the year then I will go to every 3 months. somewhere between the 15th and 20th of each update month, although I measuer every month.......alright you cought me, I measure every day, but not to see if it grows daily cause I know it wont but to see that it hasnt shrunkany!!!! lol Not really only every few weeks or so Im getting better at only pulling out the measuring tape once (or twice) a month!! ♥

wintersun99
May 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Will probably add updated length shots each quarter (every 4 months)

Heavenly Locks
May 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
So far I only have one 'official' length shot :) I plan to take them when I make milestones (or every few months, whichever comes first) I do however like to take photos of different styles I try or the results from hair experiments...

enfys
May 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
At the moment monthly because I'm trying to see if there's any worth to taking the vitamins I do, but then it will become rarer since I'll only take photos when I have good reason too, when a milestone is reached or my hair looks really good!

Garnet66
May 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I was taking them every month. I was seeing a definate difference. But here lately I've been too lazy to have dh take a new one. I'll probably wait a few months for the next one.

Tap Dancer
May 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sporadic about it. I might take a bunch of pics over several days and then not pick up the camera for a few months.

MyFireElf
I meant to take one every month, but it's working out more like two or three a year. It would have been nice to be able to see my growth flip-photo style, but at least this way the difference between one picture and the next is striking, which really makes me feel like I'm making progress!

AJoifulNoise
I make a new signature every month and usually I include a new length shot. I put a larger version of that picture in my album.

Carolyn
May 19th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I'm fairly haphazard about it. I don't do it on a schedule. I have my stylist take a pic when I get new high lights which is about every 3-4 months and I ask my friend who does my trims to take a before and after pic. Most of the time I don't see much difference. I'm in a grow a little and trim a little stage. I wish I had taken more pics when I was in the mid back to bra strap range. I didn't have a digi cam back then and it was hard to get pictures. I wasn't comfortable asking someone to take pics other than my stylist when I had a trim.

ecologystudent
May 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I take a photo every other month, because I like seeing the more dramatic change.

Samitra
May 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Every 3 months. Well, at least that's my plan :)... I've got one from December, and one from March (current signature photo). And I'll take a new one in June and make that my new signature.

But I measure every month.

florenonite
May 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I do it when I remember to. Sometimes this'll be once a month, or once a fortnight, or once every few months :shrug:

daydreamer
May 19th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Same for me as above -- sometimes I'll remember to do it every month, but this last chunk of time was a few months in between. I guess it depends if I'm trying to document some new hair regime or not.

DMARTINEZ
May 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
umm,never. Im bad at that...;)

paper
May 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I measure and take length shot on the 1st of every month. I'd like to go 2 or 3 months, but I can't wait that long! I can always see a difference and that helps me to keep growing.

jivete
May 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I used to take more. I'm settling down now that I've gotten a little length and it's looking better. I used to be pretty obsessive about checking that my hair had grown and that it didn't look like complete poo (a habit started when I went no poo).

I've calmed down. Now I try to take a picture every month to every couple of months.

lora410
May 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I take one every 2-3 months to see if there is progress.

Elphie
May 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I think I've taken one for every month that I've been here. No rhyme or reason as to which day it is....most often it's the day the camera is charged. ;-)

spidermom
May 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I've been updating every 3 months but only in my blog. Sometimes I use the most recent picture as my sig picture, but not always and not now. Updating length once a month was a pain, and sometimes I saw no progress, which was discouraging. I always see progress with doing it every 3 months.

teela1978
May 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I don't really have a set schedule. Every few months or so I'll decide my hair is looking good and can be photographed I guess.

viking_quest
May 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM
The last hair length shot I took was for hair typing. I like to take a picture at milestones (which I will be at soon).

redneckprincess
May 20th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I make a new signature every month and usually I include a new length shot. I put a larger version of that picture in my album.
How do you make a siggy pic like that BTW I would love to have one ♥

smerrie
May 20th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I always take pictures after I get haircuts - that way, if I have something done that I like, I can go back to it and know what to ask for!

But now that I am really wanting to grow it out, I will probably wait another month or so, get a trim, take my "first" picture, and then after that maybe take pictures every 3 months? (Since that is how often I plan to trim.)

mira-chan
May 20th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Whenever I have good lighting, my hair cooperates and my mum is free to take the picture. It ends up being at most a couple of times a year. Most are blog only.

Xandergrammy
May 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'm always taking length shots because my hair turns out differently depending on what product/s I use. Plus I'm growing out my original color/whites/grays/silvers, so I like to keep track of that too.

MsBubbles
May 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
It ends up being every 3 months or so, or when I feel like there has been some change for the better and I'm having a good hair day. Which usually means my hair is all hanging together instead of flying every which way.

Forever_Sophie
May 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I took my 1st pics ever last Feb. or so...and then a few wks ago b/c I had just had it styled. Probably won't for 6 months or more... I suppose if I make a habit of it, maybe twice/yr.

ladylibra
May 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I only check my length every 3 months. It is especially easy because my shrinkage hides my length anyway. :D I update my growth ticker every 6 months, however it is of how much my hair has grown in its shrunken state so it just looks "bigger" in every shot instead of "longer." ;)

Finoriel
May 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
:ponder: About once a year? Less? Not very often for sure :shrug: . Somehow I canīt be bothered to do pictures of the full length.
I guess Iīm growing it since such a long time that taking length pictures just became old, you know. Growth also is not as obvious in the endless lands of thigh and my hair does not offer much variation in pattern either, it looks pretty much the same in every picture. So it seemed pointless to me to do more frequent length shots.

Rohele
May 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Every 2-3 months. I can see a noticeable change if I wait that long.

Unnamed
May 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Very inconsistently. I usually try to change the sig pic every 1-3 months, though. I should really redo my sig pic, actually, as it's quite old--about 7 months I think, approaching 8 months...although hair isn't much longer...but the length/overall it's gotten thinner and the ends have changed shape I'm pretty sure, so hair does look different now I'm pretty sure. :oops: :rolleyes:

I'll post other not as nice/visible pics in blog, though, and those are also quite inconsistent (a ton one day, maybe a ton a few days/couple weeks later, then nothing for a while...a pic, nothing, a ton, etc.). Pics are dependent on weather outside (need minimal wind!), if hair is washed, camera charged, etc.

I also didn't take many around mid-thigh, until I got about there, and then didn't take as many for a bit after that. I've been taking a fairly large number lately (although many don't get seen by anyone but me) I think just because my hair is approaching knee length sorta. Or was. Since it's stalled again I've not taken many pictures. I'll probably take a ton once it grows again. :lol:

Ryanne
May 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
When I think it actually looks longer, and with curls it's hard to notice it sometimes, so it's inconsistent.

Delilah
May 20th, 2009, 12:56 PM
My shots are over a year old... I guess I should take some more sometime.

eadwine
May 21st, 2009, 12:21 AM
I used to take pictures every single month and found that I was
1) disappointed every time
2) obsessing way too much

So.. now I take them once or MAYBE twice a year, and it is so much better to see the real progress then :)

Cinnamon Hair
May 21st, 2009, 04:06 PM
2 or 3 times a year. I would like to do it more often but I don't have a willing photographer and the tripod & camera timer method frustrates me.

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
It varies. Basically whenever I feel like taking a photo, I take it and post it. And when I hit classic the first time this year, I considered it a photo-op.

curls2grow
May 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
It used to be more important to me, to measure and take pics of my hair, when I first started to grow out my short cut. Now, I don't measure at all and I take length shots about 2x per year. Too depressing for me otherwise.

redneckprincess
May 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM
I think once my hair gets to somewhere between APL and BSL I will too be able to back off on the measuring and needing pictures to see growth rate. ♥

MuzicalH3rb
May 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM
I take them randomly, whenever I'm having a really great hair day. Then compare them.