PDA

View Full Version : Drinking water?

Fairlight63
May 19th, 2009, 06:38 AM
They say that drinking a LOT of water will help your hair grow plus it is good for over all health.
I have a HARD time drinking a lot of water for some reason, & need to set up a way to get it all in.
I was wondering how do you drink a LOT of water?
Also how much water do you drink?

So what is your secret for drinking a LOT of water?

Tap Dancer
May 19th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I drink tons of water because it's all I drink. I just like it, so it's not hard for me. My hair has always grown fast but I don't think it's because of the water. I gave up soda completely about 9-10 years ago. Back when I drank soda more than water, I still had fast growth.

Fencai
May 19th, 2009, 06:57 AM
if you dont like just plain water, slice up some lemon, lime and orange wedges and squeeze them into the water. It will help you get it down.
I drink tons of water all day, but wouldn't attribute that to making my hair grow faster. I do think it helps the overall appearance of my skin, nails and hair though. I also drink lots of green tea.

Carolyn
May 19th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I try to drink at least one 8 oz. glass with each meal. Sometimes I have two. I've always liked to drink a lot with a meal. I always carry a bottle of water with me when I'm out and about. I can easily finish off one or two a day. When I'm sitting at the computer here at home I always have water. I've substituted water for most of my pop drinking. There are meals that pop just tastes better than water so I go ahead and have pop. I often start my morning with a big glass of water. When I was getting in the water habit I had to force myself to gulp it down and get it over with. Now I just do it. I think keeping water handy is a good way to get it down. Make it easy access. Drink water that you like. Different kinds of water taste different. I can't stand our tap water so I drink bottled water. I buy a gallon jug to use here at home as it's less pricey than individual bottles. You can also buy flavored waters and little packets of flavorings. I find those to be too strong and use them at half strength.

lailmil
May 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I drink about 2-3 liters of water everyday..I've always the bottle with me, and I fill it at university everytime I want to take a break while I'm studying
when I'm at home I put a glass on the fridge, so everytime I go in the kitchen for eating something I see the glass and I drink :o

I don't have a fast growth, and I don't think water could make it faster, but it helps to purify all the body and the wellness is reflected on the health of hair too

Kebbster
May 19th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I drink easily 2L or more everyday, but I don't think it impacts on my hair growth.

It does prevent my skin drying out through so it likely could impact on hair.

I don't find it difficult, I drink water when I first get up in the morning, and a glass with each meal. I will often put a glass next to me when I'm cooking. I think the best way is to just always have it there, whether its a water bottle at your desk, or you just refill your glass whenever you get up.

The lemon slice is a good idea, you could also have sparkling mineral water with a lemon slice for variety.

Another trick if you drink alot of tea or coffee is to drink a glass of water while you wait for the kettle to boil. Once your in the habit it becomes easy to drink enough water.

Rapunzal2Be
May 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I swear I could go without drinking hardly anything unless I put my mind to it. So here's what I try to do:

I drink green tea in the morning, spearmint/feungreek tea in the afternoon, and sleepytime tea before bed.

Drink one glass of water before a meal and another with the meal.

I drink club soda or seltzer (sodium free) when I'm out and if I want an alcoholic drink I have a wine spritzer (wine with club soda). Although some will say the carbonation takes away from the amount of water your body gets, it is still better than drinking a sweetened drink or a full glass of wine.

I add cucumber to my water - love it!!

Heidi_234
May 19th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Hey, recently I went from drinking barely a cup of coffee and some more tea (and both are dehydrating as much as they are hydrating), to drinking almost 2 liters of water a day. It was a fairly easy transition, and a positive one. It would take time, but you'll be sursprised how fast you can teach yourself to drink more.
First you need to remind yourself to drink water all the time. Make up a bottle of water, and carry it around wherever you go. Always remind yourself consciously to drink a bit, very often. At first you won't drink alot, as you're not used to that. That's okay. After a while it becomes a habit. If you can make yourself drink a cup of water after dinner and lunch, it's a great habit too to acquire. I personally feel like it fills me up and makes me feel full, so I like it (I don't like to leave the table feeling hungry).
After a while of doing this, your body gets used to the new found water intake amounts, and adjusts accordingly. At some point your actually start to feel thirsty the way you did feel before, because your body learns to ask for the water, now that you intake such amounts. So, apart from making it a habit, you also start to feel the need to drink, even plain water (bottled water is better IMO, I always try to drink bottled water). This way, after a while, you don't make yourself drink alot, you just do.
I recommend it to everyone, such a good thing to do to yourself.
HTH :flower:

Themyst
May 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
It's embarrassing to even admit this, but I don't like water. It's so boring, I have a hard time drinking it. In the summer is better, when I play tennis or something outside I can down an icy bottle or two pretty quick. But, otherwise, I make sort of a weak lemonade and keep it around. That's my water.

Euphony
May 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM
At one point I weighed 330 pounds, it became very important to lose that weight (family history slapped me in the face very hard). I'm still a very round person, but not as round. I used to not drink water at all, unless I had to - I hated it. I drank coffee in the morning and soda in during the rest of the day - I polished off nearly a whole 2 liter bottle of soda daily. I realized I had to quit drinking the soda along with my dietary changes and I HATE diet soda way more than water.

I started forcing myself to drink more water. I always drink a lot of liquids so it was a bit difficult at first to switch over since I really did hate water. After a couple of weeks of forcing myself to drink water I realized I liked it and if I wanted to cheat I'd have a glass of soda, drink about a 1/4 of it, dump it and get water instead.

Madame J
May 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
In the winter, I have trouble drinking a lot of water, so I keep a mug of hot water next to me at work and sip that instead of cold water. I also drink a lot of herbal teas for fluid. My favorite winter drink is to steep some slices of ginger in hot water for a while, and drink that. I keep the ginger in the mug the whole time I'm sipping so the flavor gets stronger as I wait.

Rohele
May 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'm supposed to drink lots of water, but I have a hard time with it (I have had kidney stones, and I never want to pass one again). I really don't like the taste of our tap water, or most bottled waters.

Slices of lemon or lime helps improve the taste immensely, as does adding a small splash of fruit juice to give it some flavour. I find I do better with water intake if I have set times to drink my water (like with a meal).

I'm one of those people who survives mainly on coffee, which starts to displace water for me. I do notice that I feel way better when I'm drinking lots of water, and my skin and nails look better too.

dragonfrog
May 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I drink water almost exclusively. Occasionally I have tea or juice, but I feel like the only liquid that quenches my thirst properly is water. I didn't always drink water, though; my best friend encouraged me to drink more water, and I followed her example of always carrying a water bottle with me wherever I go. I also always have a glass of water nearby when I am at home. Once you get into the habit of drinking water it seems to be easier, and having it constantly available makes it easier to get into the habit in the first place. I don't even want to drink soda now :)

LovingLife
May 19th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I just have a jug around :D then whenever I'm a little thirsty I drink some, I think its cleared up my skin!

lirael
May 19th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I love drinking water- I rarely drink anything else. I probably drink close to a gallon of filtered water each day. I don't know if it makes my hair grow any faster, but it does make me feel better, and now I can't stand drinking soda.

spidermom
May 19th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Increasing my exercise/activity increased my water intake; I get thirsty. It also helps to keep water nearby and take at least one swallow whenever I pause - like at a traffic light or stop sign when I'm driving, while I'm waiting for the next dictation to download while I'm working, and so forth.

Interesting, the only time I don't have to prompt myself to drink water is at night. I go to bed with a quart at my bedside, and sometimes I empty the entire thing. I get so thirsty at night; I don't know why.

Heidi_234
May 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Increasing my exercise/activity increased my water intake; I get thirsty. It also helps to keep water nearby and take at least one swallow whenever I pause - like at a traffic light or stop sign when I'm driving, while I'm waiting for the next dictation to download while I'm working, and so forth.

Interesting, the only time I don't have to prompt myself to drink water is at night. I go to bed with a quart at my bedside, and sometimes I empty the entire thing. I get so thirsty at night; I don't know why.
Me too, I wake up with awfully dry throat in the morning! I also need to use the bathroom right after I wake up, so I'm guess that's why. Sorry for the TMI :p

Belisama
May 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I drink a lot of water. I have a small glass of milk in the morning with breakfast, but then the rest of the day is all water with the occasional cup or two of tea, green or white only. I try to drink about 8 oz of water/tea per hour as I have such severely dry skin. I have an aluminum water bottle that holds 750 mL. I fill that up at least 3 times a day and just keep it with me wherever I am. :)

Kaamos
May 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I drink 2-3 liters a day. In the winter I drink a lot of tea (herbal, green, white) to keep myself warm ;). In the summer I like cold tea or water.
When I'm not at home, I always carry a bottle (aluminium bottle) of water with me.

Once you are used to drink that much, you will never forget to drink enough water.

I'm not sure if my hair grows faster or not. But it's good for the whole body to drink 2-3 liters a day.

RancheroTheBee
May 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I've never been big on water. Since I started working in a grocery store, I've been drinking two bottles of water during my shift because I'm not allowed anything else, and it sort of calms my nerves.

I don't think it's helped my hair, though. Vitamins and exercise did.

GoddesJourney
May 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
They say that drinking a LOT of water will help your hair grow plus it is good for over all health.
I have a HARD time drinking a lot of water for some reason, & need to set up a way to get it all in.

I have a really hard time drinking water myself. I found that I just love juice and I'm a sweet tooth. I just have a hard time swallowing water and I don't feel like it really quenches my thirst. It just makes me feel sloshy.

I find that really icy water is easier for me to swallow because I can't taste it as much. Also, I started forcing myslef to down a couple of ounces of water before I pour my juice. It seems to work.

In order to get enough liquid in general, I carry around a Sobe bottle full of cranraspberry juice and it works great. I get enough liquid, my blood sugar doesn't drop, and I can concentrate a lot better in my classes. I don't get tired because I'm not dehydrated.

enfys
May 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I( don't drink a lot of water, but the secret for me was being poor.

I found I would buy a 500ml bottle of Coke every day and a 500ml bottle of orange juice, while in work, as well as a few cups of tea from the coffee shop nearby.

This cost at least five pounds a day, so when looking to save money free tap water came pretty high on the list.

Any hair benefits are a bonus because it was mostly my skin I wanted to help to counter the biotin spots, and a benefit to my pocket.

ecologystudent
May 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
When I was still at college, I carried around an 8-cup bottle every where, and sipped it constantly. I felt so good and alive- mostly before then I think I had been cronically underhydrated- ie, no sweat, even when running in 90 degree weather.

Now I'm trying to get back to that, but I need to find a new bottle. It really helps me to remember to drink if I'm carrying it around everywhere.

inertia
May 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I drink a lot of water now. Moving to Tokyo helped. It's a walking/train neighborhood so I have to carry everything by hand from the store to my house, and bottled drinks are heavy. The empties have to go in a special bin outside the supermarket. They can't just be put out on the street, even on the day for other recyclables. Tap water looks a lot more appealing when it's that much trouble to drink soda.

Cold or chilled water doesn't go down easily for me, but warm or hot water is easy. After I figured this out, my water intake went way up. I still drink a couple of caffeinated beverages in the morning but the rest of the time it's plain tap water.

florenonite
May 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
One thing I find helps is carrying a metal water bottle with me (or a Nalgene, if you can get one of the new ones without the bad plasticky stuff). The tap water just tastes good in it, much better than in a glass or a cheap plastic bottle.

I also drink a lot of squash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(drink)), which I don't think you have in the US. It's essentially a very concentrated drink, and you dilute it with four times as much water so, although it's not as healthy as water, it's better than drinking a lot of other things.

I also drink tea with breakfast (and when I'm studying). Again, it's not as good as pure water, but I drink it weak enough that it's not going to cause me to become dehydrated.

I occasionally drink milk, too, because there are some things, like macaroni cheese, that must be drunk with milk.

I'm not too fussed about drinking water specifically so much as simply drinking enough. It's keeping yourself hydrated that's important to hair growth (and overall health) so I figure that if squash or tea is getting me to drink more then it's betterthan trying to force down a glass of water and failing.

MuzicalH3rb
May 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM

I have the same problem, but it's actually getting the glass of water. I rarely drink soda or anything besides water, but because I am constantly doing something I forget to drink. So, I try to keep a glass/water bottle with me wherever I am to kind of remind me.

Whenever I get on my water drinking kicks, my hair seems to grow waaaayyyy faster and much healthier...(not to mention way better skin).:D

daydreamer
May 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I definitely need to get back into the habit of this! I did have a period where I drank 10 cups or more a day, easily. The trick for me was that I found a water bottle that I really liked and bought 2 of them, and always kept one in the refrigerator so that I would always have some cold. In the winter I don't mind room temperature water, but the hot season here is brutal, and it really helped to always have something cold on hand! I felt way better and lost weight. I still drank herbal tea and soda sometimes, but usually I was happy with water in my favorite bottle! It was hard at first to get used to, but I found the more that I drink it the more I want to drink it.
Now I must start again, I need the health benefits! I am not sure if it made my hair grow faster or not -- I have fast spurts regardless I think, and then times where it grows slower.

enfys
May 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
One thing I find helps is carrying a metal water bottle with me (or a Nalgene, if you can get one of the new ones without the bad plasticky stuff). The tap water just tastes good in it, much better than in a glass or a cheap plastic bottle.

I also drink tea with breakfast (and when I'm studying). Again, it's not as good as pure water, but I drink it weak enough that it's not going to cause me to become dehydrated.

Well according to PG Tips research, tea is second only to water for hydrating you.

What's a Nalgene? I'm thinking of getting a proper bottle to keep my water in because I feel bad about plastic even though I reuse it for a few days before replacing it.

Nat242
May 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
There have been several threads on this in the past; here are two that a quick search found:

Water intake? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25313&highlight=water+glasses)

I hate to drink water (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20653&highlight=water+glasses)

Thinthondiel
May 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I have the same problem... I think water tastes too boring, so I hardly ever drink it. It doesn't help that I hardly ever feel thirsty... on a few occasions I've become so dehydrated that I got headaches and my hands started shaking, and I never even felt thirsty.

The water tastes better at my parents', though... the tap water there comes from a well up in the forest behind our house, but I still don't drink much water when I'm there.

The only water I'll drink a lot of is water that I drink directly from mountain streams/rivers when I'm hiking. I've also tasted water from a lake below a glacier once... that was the best water I've ever had! Too bad tap water doesn't taste like that.

windinherhair
May 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I refill a bottle through the day so I have an idea of how many bottles I drink. I make sure to drink extra water after I exercise. It is a good idea to drink extra water after drinking something dehydrating to your body like pop or coffee.

Islandgrrl
May 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I drink a lot of water. Somewhere between 3 and 6 liters a day, depending on my activity level. Not unusual for me to drink a liter before breakfast. The only other thing I drink is one big cup of coffee in the morning. No soda, no juice, nothing but water.

I have a 1L water bottle that I refill numerous times during the day (there's a watercooler in my office), I keep a spare bottle of water in my backpack, one in my bike bag, 6 in the car...you get the picture.

I don't know what to tell you to make you drink more water other than maybe set a daily goal and write down what you drink until it becomes a habit.

A word of caution: You CAN overdo it with too much water. It's called Water Intoxication or Hyponatremia - basically it's a serious electrolye imbalance when the levels of sodium in the body are disturbed.

EdG
May 19th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I drink exclusively water. It has zero calories and near-zero cost. :)

Tap water can be somewhat suspect, so I take the precaution of boiling it. :bigeyes:
Ed

klcqtee
May 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I live in the desert. We will easily go over a hundred days with 100 degree weather in a row! This means water is something we always need to have. Our local businesses even make special exceptions to the "no beverages inside" rule.

During the summer I aim to drink a half gallon of water a day. I've noticed that it not only makes my hair feel healthier and grow, but it has also cleared up my skin quite a bit! The way I managed to do that is by taking an empty half gallon (for milk) and fill it half way with water in the evening. Then, just stick it in the freezer before bed, and in the morning, fill up the remaining space with water, and carry it around with you all day! This way you have ice cold water all day, and you'll find that when it is constantly available, you'll drink it more often.

Keep in mind though, a half gallon of water on your desk at work can be obtrusive. The best option is usually to just keep it by your feet.

Britty Boji
May 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I haven't read all of these other responses, but I have heard that drinking water might help hair growth. And, if it doesn't, water will help your skin to a huuuge point. it's more hydrated, and it clears up, and plus- if you're not hungry, but you're bored and feel like eating, if you drink a lot of water you get full. So it helps there.

Anyway, yeah, if it's not helping your hair it'll help something else. I usually drink 8 cups a day, of at least 16fl. oz.

ButterCup02
May 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I drink A LOT of water, at least 3 - 5 litres/day. It's almost all I drink, but I will drink green tea or other types of tea. But mostly just water, I have a bottle with me all day. It really does make a difference with my skin and how I am feeling overall, it's probably great for your hair too!

Runzel
May 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I am very thankful that my mom raised me drinking water, so I've never had a serious problem with not getting enough. However, due to health problems someimes my sense of thirst gets weak and I simply "forget" to drink enough. At those times my trick is to always have a glass of water nearby, within sight, and keep it full, so that whenever I have a spare minute I'm reminded to stop and take a drink.

InTheCity
May 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Tone the cold down a notch!

Whenever I feel like I haven't had enough for a day, I'll mix cold water with room temp water to tone down the cold. This helps me gulp an entire glass in seconds.

Which reminds me, it's almost bed time and I've only had 5 glasses.
::gulp, gulp::

I'm very soon going to start a thread about a work-hair balance for those of us with excessively demanding jobs.

lhangel9
May 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I don't care too much for water except for when it's very hot or I'm very thirsty& nothing else is handy. However, on a daily basis I fill up my 20 oz plastic container with water at least three times while I'm at work (that equals at least 60 oz per day) which amounts to nine 8 oz glasses of water/day. I just sip on it while not trying to concentrate on it too hard and before you know it, it's time for another refill. By the end of the day I've consumed more than the average day's amount. I haven't noticed any hair growth but it does seem to help the appearance of both my hair, nails & skin.

Hay22
May 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Good question! I quit drinking sodas a few weeks ago and have felt so much better lately. I've been drinking 1 - 2 gallons daily. I've been drinking it plain, but several previous posters have had good advice about flavoring it to make it more desirable. It's easy for me to remember to drink mine as there's a water cooler 15 feet from my desk at work and I'm there 10+ hours a day. All of us in the office have our own "work bottles" that we keep at our desks to constantly refill. I also invested in a cute, quality water bottle to carry around wherever I go, which makes it kind of fun (maybe my idea of fun is boring?).

Masara
May 19th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I grew up drinking almost exclusively squash (see Florenonite's post) I didn't have any problems with water, I just didn't bother much with it. But moving to France made a lot of difference. At the time, it just wouldn't have crossed most French people's minds to drink anything else at meal times (unless it's wine of course) and sodas were pretty rare even outside of meals. Sodas and "sirops" are more common nowadays but still not at first choice to drink with meals.

I get through a couple of glasses with each meal and then I usually have a bottle near in the summer. In the winter I drink a lot of herbal tea to keep me warm but still give me water.

afield5000
May 19th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I spike mine with propel! I can't just drink unflavored water, unless I REALLY am thirsty. If I put propel powder in it I can down maybe three nalgenes a day

Heidi_234
May 20th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Regarding the taste problem - you do get used to it if do what I did. At some point you start to taste the difference between tap water and bottled water, but IMO it's a good sign (in case you couldn't before). If you drink tap water, take a time to boil it, you never know what's in the pipes it runs through, and you certainly don't want to drink that!

Aditi
May 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I drink 3 liters of water a day. I always keep a bottle with me so that i can remember to drink it. I drink water every 45minutes so it has turned into a habit now. It does not make my hair grow any faster but it gives me overall health my flushing out toxins from my body.

LadyEliza
May 20th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Do be careful - you CAN drink too much water!!!

http://drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

http://www.wisegeek.com/can-drinking-too-much-water-be-unhealthy-or-even-dangerous.htm

Ndnlady
May 20th, 2009, 04:08 AM

http://www.wisegeek.com/can-drinking-too-much-water-be-unhealthy-or-even-dangerous.htm

Very good advice! And having too much of anything, even if it is good for you, can do more harm then good.

Aditi
May 20th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember some of the articles written in health magazines that how too much drinking of water is not good. I have also read that how much a person should drink depends on its own body some needs to drink more and some just don't need to over-drink. But i have found out that all Doctors agree that a person should at least drink 2 liters or 9-10 glasses of water a day.

pdy2kn6
May 20th, 2009, 05:16 AM
i try drinking 2 litres aday in a big w3ater bottle, perhaps a bit of ginger or lemon and lime as someone else suggester would be easier for you if you dont like it plain, or perhaps lots of cups of tea? be careful you dont overdose on your intake, it can be really bad if you drink TOO much water...fatal in some cases. I try to stop downing my 2 liters of water past 4 otherwise i am upo all night needing the toilet, for some reason i still am upo and down like a yoyo allk night. must be the massive amounts of watermelon i have before bed

Heidi_234
May 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM
i try drinking 2 litres aday in a big w3ater bottle, perhaps a bit of ginger or lemon and lime as someone else suggester would be easier for you if you dont like it plain, or perhaps lots of cups of tea? be careful you dont overdose on your intake, it can be really bad if you drink TOO much water...fatal in some cases. I try to stop downing my 2 liters of water past 4 otherwise i am upo all night needing the toilet, for some reason i still am upo and down like a yoyo allk night. must be the massive amounts of watermelon i have before bed
Yeah, my co worker has this rule of a thumb - no watermelons before going to sleep. I have to agree on that one, even though I personally only get to eat watermelons once in a very long while.

PhillyGirl1978@
May 20th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Not sure if it's helping my hair grow....maybe, my hair is growing pretty fast. But like everyone else said...it really does help your skin. I never drank water growing up and I always had dark circles under my eyes even though I slept fine. Now I drink lots of water and the circles have lightened. It's gotten to where when I don't have more water with me I start to feel dehydrated!lol I don't get many pimples, my skin is pretty clear and it may all be due to the water...I say drink up!lol My hair is almost waist length now...and it never grew this long before...I am treating it better which may be the reason but the water is certainly good for everything!

templeofvenus
May 20th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I find drinking water a struggle at times specially during the winter, but I do force myself as I feel better when I am well hydrated. I aim for a litre and a half a day of pure water plus cups of tea, juice etc.

Arctic
May 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM
This sounds silly, but Flylady (google her if you're interested in getting your life back together) suggests finding a pleasing mug/glass/bottle/goblet/cup to drink your water from. The psychology behind it being when you love the vessel you are more like to use it and it brings you joy to use it.

This really works. I found out I love drinking from huge mug that feels good to my hand. I need to drink a lot at a time to make the thirst go away, mug is great for that. I also carry a bottle with me when I'm out during the warm months.

Tap Dancer
May 20th, 2009, 06:35 AM
This sounds silly, but Flylady (google her if you're interested in getting your life back together) suggests finding a pleasing mug/glass/bottle/goblet/cup to drink your water from. The psychology behind it being when you love the vessel you are more like to use it and it brings you joy to use it.

This really works. I found out I love drinking from huge mug that feels good to my hand. I need to drink a lot at a time to make the thirst go away, mug is great for that. I also carry a bottle with me when I'm out during the warm months.

That's interesting and you're right that it works. I have a large plastic Rubbermaid bottle I carry around the house with me. It's a good size and shape and I like it so much that I bought 2 "backups" to keep on hand.

sandigirl
May 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I drink water all day. Sometimes I add some diet root beer for flavor. Enough water is good for your hair. I doubt too much would do any good. Genes are the most important thing in good hair, I think. That and good care. No products other than shampoo, conditioner, and infrequent/light blo-drying when needed. And no over-shampooing.

florenonite
May 20th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Well according to PG Tips research, tea is second only to water for hydrating you.

What's a Nalgene? I'm thinking of getting a proper bottle to keep my water in because I feel bad about plastic even though I reuse it for a few days before replacing it.

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/

^that's their website^

They manufacture hard plastic water bottles that are virtually unbreakable. I've heard stories of them being run over by cars before and not breaking.

hippiechick1976
May 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I found that i drink alot more water if I have a straw and it's ice cold. I love putting lemon in it as well. I am trying to up my water intake again as I have slacked off when i lost my favorite water vessel. I keep a aluminum bottle in my backpack at all times but for work, home, traveling in car I love the convenience of a straw. I find if I have to keep unscrewing the cap I drink less and I don't like the sport top for my aluminum water bottle as it let's in air and annoys me. I loveeeee this bottle and i have a couple of them now incase I lose one:)

http://www.amazon.com/Aladdin-16-Ounce-Insulated-Water-Tumbler/dp/B001Q3L9NM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1242828947&sr=8-1

Forever_Sophie
May 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I drink 2 bottles/day at least - even w/ more, I can't say I've noticed an impact as far as making my hair grow... Great for my skin, though! I don't drink it necessarily w/ a meal, but I almost always have a bottle next to me at my desk. That helps me to drink more.

When I didn't really like it, I added Crystal Light, only 10 cal. or so per pack. Maybe you can try that? There are some nice flavors.

hippiechick1976
May 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
An interesting site I just found. It says that you get more water and less air if you drink via a straw so you can drink more before you feel full...
http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/water.html